• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest - Ashenvale Tileset[Dead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
While it doesn't look like it, this piece was made in the City Scape tileset. The actual city part is in a different part of the map.

nightwaterfallsmall5dn.jpg

Level 10
Well, it's not bad, but
-I don't think it's a good idea to make a forest scene using the cityscape tileset. You can't use the strengthes of the tileset, e.g. you have not many possibilities to vary the terrain textures, simply because there aren't many.
-Be aware of the graphic bugs if you slope cliffs
-Try to avoid flying water(falls)

Nice use of doodads! :)

Level 10
Well restor, I think the only interesting thing with your screenshot is the perspective of view... :?
There are nearly no doodads except the custom model trees, no variations in textures. Just some human buildings don't make a city and even less one that uses the cityscape tileset.

Level 6
Terrainers should start posting pictures of 'cityscapes.' Save the grassy countrysides and mountain villages for Lordaeron and Village tilesets. I have not seen even a hint of a city tile in the last few screenshots. To the average eye, they would look like a village summer terrain with a modified tilest. Despite that fact, excellent terrains.

Level 10
Looks nice, but quite simple because you used too many doodads of the same type at one place, I think. And the waterfall has an odd position because there is no cliff to see and it looks as if it stands in the plain coming out of the air. 8)

What do you mean with the menu bar? If you want to cut the whole user interface except the part in game view copy it and paste it in Paint. Move it to the top left edge so that everything you don't want is outside the image. Then move the bottom right edge until everything you don't want to have is outside also. Save and everything is cropped.

Level 2
I'm pretty new to these forums (ofcourse I've seen a lot of models and already read a lot as a guest :) ), but I sure like teraining a lot so I made a city myself. It took me around 2-3 days and it's actually not finished yet, but I had an error in World Editor while I was saving, so now I guess it didn't save, but I can't even open the map, like as if it was protected :( . Luckily all I need is screenshots and those I have, although the names aren't really fitting. The armory doesn't really look like an armory yet, exept of the sign outside the door and the marketplace is just a group of houses with a pub and a walking space, but I didn't knew the english word for the circle ground so thats why it's called marketplace, was the word that first came up in me but it's not the right one :? .

Cityscape Armory
Cityscape Bandit Camp
Cityscape Cathedral
Cityscape Entrance
Cityscape Entrance 2
Cityscape Guard
Cityscape Fountain
Cityscape Poor Graveyard
Cityscape Pub
Cityscape Rich Graveyard
Cityscape Houses
Cityscape Houses 2
Cityscape Marketplace
Cityscape Overview

P.S. - I absolutely LOVE that temple and the fountain! That is just amazing :D . Good job!

Level 5
i am wondering if i can join because im makeing a pretty cool terrain map but 1 prob how do u get the picture to a save as file and how do u get it to the right position and snap it?

Level 6
To take a screenshot ingame or in the World Editor, press the "print screen" button (it should be next to backspace.) Then open your screenshot folder, which is located in your Warcraft 3 folder, and search for the correct file among your screenshots. If you cannot open the files, download Irfanview from the tools section.
To find the correct camera angle, simply hold your Ctrl key down, and drag your right mouse button around your screen. If the sky is zoomed to close, hold Ctrl and roll in/roll out. To zoom in or out, use Shift and right click.

Level 5
i aredy took me pictures but when i went to the warcraft3 file nothin said screenshot and there was nothing in images sep for sample images

Level 3
How do u make the sky behind it?...i forgot...ill post what i made after i figure that out...cuz it looks dumb all white in the back :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.