• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #5 - Winter Wonderland [Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
"Judging will be conducted in 'WC3: The Frozen Throne' itself, not the World Editor."
so the secret is in the gameplay i think ;)

Level 18
ya but you can tell if something is playable / pathable or not.

just click the drop down menu that says " naval or ground pathability " and you see colored squares that says where you can walk and shit.

of course with my entry you actually cant tell unles you play it. havn't worked out the kinks yet..

Level 18
raid, it's not in the gameplay, considering there really isn't any game being played, but it will be viewed ingame so that a better idea of how the terrain looks can be achieved by just walking around in it. Like if you wanted to have a third person view or something, you might want to tweak the terrain to look better from that angle.

Level 17
30 cm :O

wow here in new york , we got like 6 : /

We don't even have snow, that's why I kinda feel sad when making a snowy terrain.
Damn global warming! Normaly we should have around 6 aswell, but that was 10 years ago.. NO more...

Does the map need to have snow in it? Or can you also make it more pre-winter.
So a bit snow, and some grass and some dirt etc? Like in the tiles of Lordean Winter Tileset, or Northerend.

Level 19
lets say my terrain has hills that are kinda high
can i insert a camera system like camera low mid and high so u can see anything? :D

Level 34
Does the map need to have snow in it? Or can you also make it more pre-winter.
So a bit snow, and some grass and some dirt etc? Like in the tiles of Lordean Winter Tileset, or Northerend.
That sounds fine.

lets say my terrain has hills that are kinda high
can i insert a camera system like camera low mid and high so u can see anything? :D
Yep. That's one reason I said triggers are allowed.

Level 19
man this thread is dead for like 7 days :p
i cant see any submisions i could post mine but then everyone could "steal" my ideas :p

Level 4
well,k i supose that you must wait until the last day of submissions...
we have a lot of days to work on. happy 2009

Level 34
Meh. maybe I'll join the contest and auto win! :D

I think we need a minimum of five to hold the contest. If we don't, I'll judge what's entered, and give some rep to the winner. Only one.

Level 4
don't say that there are going to be no submissions. i personally make something...
i just need some time and my opinion is that people should post their submissions in the last day, to avoid being copied by others competitors, (unless there is extra rep for early posts!)

Level 19
in this contest u need to post ur map aswell so thats why no1 is submiting anything cuz the "competition" could steal ur ideas

Level 8
lol this contest is seeming to fail... yust like all the other terraining contest / yap same old story.

Level 6
Seemed like a good idea, since else you can just do really nice stuff without being able to use it in a map. To bad it's just a few days left, else i would have joined : (

Level 4
ok let me post a screenshot to put an end to all this. it's unfinished wt.jpg

Level 4
no, you didn't understand the depth. the house is in a hill. yeah it seems as they were on the same level but they aren't...

Level 34
I think there's less interest in playable terrain, and the overall interest in terrain is decreasing.

I don't feel like making another contest ASAP, but we'll have in a while.
This one isn't canceled or anything, I just said that without enough entries, I don't want to give rewards.

Level 5
meh, it seems like i havent had any time to work on the terrain, bah. Anyways when i start in school again on monday i should be able to arse myself to finish it up.

hey guess what .. i made it.. here's mine..

it might not be my final if you give a little extension .. but if not.. well i wont have the time to work on it again .. but anyway ..

i might send some other screenshots later. for those who are to lazy to look at my map :p

btw, i made my first triggers on that map.. so be gentil and do not critic me for no reason.

Attachments

• Competition terrain!.w3x
    840.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Vyrkul Village.jpg
    Vyrkul Village.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Scrouge(5).jpg
    Scrouge(5).jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Nouveau Image bitmap (7).jpg
    Nouveau Image bitmap (7).jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 230