• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #5 - Winter Wonderland [Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Done with my entry.

NOTE: To all testers, DO NOT look at this entry in the editor. Play it in game. Otherwise you will not get the full effect of the terrain (or even half of it).

hum the intro bugs.. so i can't play on your map D:

2-P

2-P

Level 8
just fix teh pathing and the intro and give teh ogre a smaller pathing thing...
I set his pathing size down to 31 so I could at least leave the starting area. The problem is that there are so many gaps between the pathing blockers that you can get anywhere on the map.

Have to agree with Belgarath. =/ Drawing paths with pathing blockers is bound to fail. Placing large pathing blockers everywhere you're not supposed to be able to walk is a lot saver.

Level 28
Here is a Wip of my entry.

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 140
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 136
Level 28
Okay, I'm almost done with the terrain, now I only need to set the pathing of the map, something I think I'll do tomorrow...

Anyway, I'll leave you these final WIPs of my almost finished entry (revealing the cool stuff). :grin:

Attachments

• WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 110
  • wip4.jpg
    wip4.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 124
  • WIP5.jpg
    WIP5.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 118
  • WIP6.jpg
    WIP6.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 127
That looks pretty cool, naze.

EDIT: Criteria on void:
Your base terrain was nice enough, everything quite cool, but not 15 seconds into the game, I ran through a bunch of rocks and trees. There's a lot of places with walk through trees or rocks. Your pathing is often inconsistent, ie. sometimes the trees are fully unwalkable, sometimes you can walk through their leaves. There was a lot of strange cut offs on the path - randomly, suddenly. And then, the big icing on the cake was this: ogrisgay.jpg I walked straight through the statues, the pillars, everything. The fact that everything is walk through sort of defeats the purpose of "PLAYABLE" - I think that you shouldn't need to make yourself a path with pathing blockers, but just add pathing to some doodads, leave others that don't need it / special occasions.
But yes, it's still fair to have non-pathing shit. But still, your terrain is good, it's (mostly) playable, however I didn't like the fact that you used the lighting to enhance your terrain. It makes it seem that you can't do it without it : \

Level 11
I'm still working on mine. I would have finished it by now if it weren't for my shitty schedule.
I have to go from 12 AM to 8 PM to school. Anyways, here are some WIP's.

Attachments

• PlayableTerrain1.jpg
    PlayableTerrain1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
  • PlayableTerrain2.jpg
    PlayableTerrain2.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 138
Level 36
I didn't like the fact that you used the lighting to enhance your terrain. It makes it seem that you can't do it without it : \

I'm pretty sure you know I can. Also, that's like saying using imports means you can't do it without them... which is not true. I don't see what's wrong with custom lighting; if I made the terrain bad it would still look shit with the lighting.

Level 34
GO ahead and use it, but I'm a bit worried that he did it without xXm0rph3usXx's permission. I can't remember if he's okay with people editing his stuff.

Famous, oh yeah, forgot. :p

Level 11
Okay, here's my submission. And a couple of screenshots, yes you can enter the cave in the first screenshot so don't forget to do it xP . Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• Cave.jpg
    Cave.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 296
  • BlightedGrounds.jpg
    BlightedGrounds.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 447
  • Mountain.jpg
    Mountain.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Nbah's Submission.w3x
    418.7 KB · Views: 138
Level 34
Bo-ya for double post. Here is the draft for the poll. Did I miss anyone?

The Hive Workshop

Terrain Contest #4 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Terrain Contest. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
Contest Prizes And Winnings

First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
Second Place: 20 reputation points
Third Place: 10 reputation points
Submissions

Last edited:
Level 36
GO ahead and use it, but I'm a bit worried that he did it without xXm0rph3usXx's permission. I can't remember if he's okay with people editing his stuff.

Famous, oh yeah, forgot. :p

I don't think he would mind. Most people don't mind as long as you don't take credit and don't release it without their permission or anything. He's just using it in a terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.