• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #19 - Poll

Which entry should take the cake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thread_hive_logo-png.311520

ct_terraining-png.311502
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
1-png.311474
9-png.311482

thread_poll-png.311518

tc19signew-png.312397

Participants are to create a place where something violent happened in the past. A past warzone, or decisive action or something along the lines of D-Day landing. You should envision how that area would look after some time. You are free to draw inspiration from real life zones or fantasy ones but new things are encouraged to be portrayed.

Welcome to the poll for Terraining Contest #19! Please read through the rules before voting!

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
other_prizes-png.311512

• First Place: 45 reputation points, your entry on the award icon and a custom rank icon

• Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon

• Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

other_entries-png.311509

Bern's Bipedal Babies by Bernkastel

Nuclear Winter by Kristopher

Lost at Sea by Mythic

Bubolic Incident by Neruvatar

Discovery Osiria by NightStalker

The first impact by Paillan

Perseachara by PrinceYaser

Grol'dom Juggernaut by Ragnaros17

Bandit Raid by RedLord

other_judges-png.311510

• Blood Raven
  • Naze
other_judging_criteria-png.311511

Creativity
Includes how the theme was interpreted and portrayed. Note that there's a fine line between creative and completely offbeat./15

Detail
Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder./15

Tecnique
Executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity./15

Aesthetics
Overall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack both detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition./15

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
other_disclaimer-png.311508

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Level 29
Here you can find the entries list from where you can access the stories behind each entry.

@Blood Raven & @Naze you can start judging from this moment.

The poll lasts two weeks. You can choose one entry and not more. Contestants, please do not vote for yourself; thank you. Good luck contestants ^_^

Edit: Notice added!

Users are allowed to state/post here what entry we vote?

RedLord

R

RedLord

I gave my vote for the one who deserve, PrinceYaser. Beautiful terrain you have there. ;):D

:vw_love:

Level 29
I gave my vote for the one who deserve, PrinceYaser. Beautiful terrain you have there. ;):D

:vw_love:

I agree.

To decide the top one I was between Prince Yaser entry and NightStalker entry. Both are great, very worked and hard to compare since once is futuristic like starcraft and the other is more skyrim looking.
What I really like of Prince Yaser entry is the sky and that everything was made with rocks bricks,is nice the camara, and the use of water.

What I like of NightStalker is that the city was made with a lot of pieces, it remembered Coruscant from star wars, the hole planet is a city.

I also liked was RedLord entry (and compared with Prince Yaser here and there), another skyrim looking with those wooden houses and the stone tower that I really liked the detail of those. Also I really like the guy in the cliff.

Another I like is Bern bipedal babies I really like those hand-made destroyed buildings, the factory remembered me WW warfare, buildings destroyed, snipers hidding, that stuff.

Neruvatar entry remembers me some kind of terrans conquering a zerg planet, or some kind of metroid game. (great detail of that wild red infested planet).

So in the end Pallian entry was the first impact, and I said it was an orge-mound from the wip. It could be the second impact or the third impact Third Impact - EvaWiki - An Evangelion Wiki - EvaGeeks.org

And it is a surprise Mythic entry, since it got second with votes (for the moment), interesting colors, and is quite intriguing the effects done.

Pleases one thing - I am not disqualified for cheating.

what?? why?? I don´t see any user posting about that, and I don´t recall a statement about you or anybody cheating. Something happened?? because I do not understand. (the poll is going fine, entries are fine).

Since you did a public statement, It just really calls the atention.

By the way, I liked that your entry remembered me some command and conquer game like red alert saga.
and the nuclear fog looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Sorry, this is a joke.
View attachment 312561
You will not be disqualified for cheating if no one has voted for you.

ah ok, your post was to serius.

Is still too soon to talk tendencies, time can turn the tide.

if no one has voted for you:

in contest many times I see that users can vote 3 entries or even 5 entries (when the number of entries is high like 25-30).
But since here is only 1 entry, is really hard to get votes.

Mostly votes are going to the best entry, there is still uncertain of what is going to happen with the 2nd and 3rd place of the poll.

There are too many entries so votes are very splitted,

If someone likes futuristic Bern or Nigthstalker.

If someone likes Skyrim Prince Yaser or RedLord.
If someone likes orcs and Nigth elfs, mehehehe:grin:

If someone likes some cool effects with the colors , Mythic.

If someone likes zergs, and infested planets, Neruvatar.

If someone likes red alert, it should be you, but red alert stalled in time, they didnt do nothing since red alert 3.
(and actually your entry looks more like red alert 2, very classic, few people plays retro games).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Not only was it my most test heavy time of the year, but I was also outmatched several leagurs both in terms of artistic capabilities and model usage.
Should had used the UTM I guess.
Kudos to the guys who made actual terrains and not just some... thing.

my first try was without the UTM, and then I changed to the UTM.

some orcs vs undeads

then, when changed to UTM, I saw all the doodads and place the ones I liked.
I liked the green bricks, the wooden stuff, and decided orcs vs NE.

Level 32
Unpopular opinion here :D.
Aftermath: my guess is some kind of " damage has done " in this case, landscape.
I have watch all the entries, they looked great and artistic as well.
But in the end, i decide to vote RedLord.
I do love NightStalker and PrinceYaser work there but i might prioritize some one did it very naturally.

@Heinvers @Naze @Blood Raven

Hello there, happy new year with 11 days of delay.

So about the results of this contest... Everything ok?
Do you think the results can be showed this weekend?

This contest started the 14 of november, so don´t know about you guys but I feel eager to see the results...

Last good luck to the participants from my part.
We're all eager to see the results. But patience makes perfect in the contests! :D

Well I was asking politely so maybe they can throw us a cable like: " Results of the 19# Terraining Contest: AfterMath will be public Sunday 13 Jan at 14:00 GMT".
Well, I said patience because Heinvers got inactive since Jan 4. We must wait for him, I hope he will come about soon.

But I don't know.. perhaps judges could tell us if they're finished with their judging..

Level 29
Well, I said patience because Heinvers got inactive since Jan 4. We must wait for him, I hope he will come about soon.

But I don't know.. perhaps judges could tell us if they're finished with their judging..

"got inactive since Jan 4."

oh! didn´t know that, sorry.

"But I don't know.. perhaps judges could tell us if they're finished with their judging.."

Agree with you in that:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.