1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terraining Contest #18[Playable] - Desert

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by fladdermasken, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That looks fckin awesome mate!
    I do however wonder if it will actually be acceptable as desert, as it is more of a castle/fortress.
    Anyway, this looks really good! Are those all standard wc3 doodads?

2. Siscon Onii-san

Siscon Onii-san

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know, i'm a bit worried about that, but acceptable or not I'm going to use this in my other map anyway so it isn't a complete waste.

Yeah, I edited some of the models and took some from the UTM but most of the ones I used are the default models. Thanks.

3. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This one is amazing. I have so much respect for people who can make common WC3 doodads look interesting again!

4. If you mean edited like opening in a model editor and edited, that's not allowed.

5. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @PROXY: thanks, but I don't know what will I change, the ice cliff or the rock? I don't know where to find fitting cliffs around.

Since I'm enrolling for the next school semester of mine, it'll be a slow work for now. Here's the north part of the map, I'm gonna need another cliff to replace the rock if it doesn't look fitting.

WiP 5
    5/1/16[​IMG]

6. Bumhunter

Bumhunter

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This is my final entry
    [​IMG]

Good luck everybody. Keep them WIP's coming.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. Siscon Onii-san

Siscon Onii-san

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why? I picked a blizzard model, edited it a bit in the model editor then imported it. Isn't it just like using custom models? Or is creating custom models specifically for the map, not allowed?

E:
    ....I don't see a rule like that though...

Is requesting model edits not allowed too?

8. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These outline the rules pretty well, I know that if the edits are very small, then they
    may be accepted, but I'll leave that for fladdermasken to decide. But the general rule
    of thumb is that you are not allowed to tailor models specifically to fit your contest
    submission. We had some problems in the past regarding this.

9. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think I'll participate in this one, interesting entries so far.

10. As Keiji already points out, nothing is allowed.
    Neither requesting it nor doing it yourself.

The reason why is that users abused it in the past, using tricks to spice up their terrain with an unusal method.
    Trust me, the terraining contests would be quite different when resource creation and edits were allowed.

11. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's what I got for now, going to hit the bed now probably. It doesn't resemble a desert yet, but you know, I had to start somewhere. :p

Attached Files:

12. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool entry Oziris, and shit it's nice to see you around again :)

Just keep in mind that it needs to be a desert, it shouldn't be too floral.

13. Siscon Onii-san

Siscon Onii-san

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a bummer, but with my current progress, even if my edits were accepted I didn't think i'll be able to make it to the deadline, so it's fine I guess.

Anyway, here's the progress I made this weekend. Hopefully, i'll be able to replace the edits later.

009.png

That city will be surrounded by a deep ravine, maybe with a river in it. Further out will be the desert.
    I'll work on the environment last sine they don't require much detailed attention.

Attached Files:

14. Marjosh38

Marjosh38

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's really COOL WIP's by the way here's my WIP's This only structure's simple that can you found in desert
    WIP 1
    [​IMG]

WIP 2
    [​IMG]

WIP 3
    [​IMG]

WIP 4
    [​IMG]

:D

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  15. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The hidden codes : you are doing it wrong XD. Enclose the values in [hidden=value][/hidden] in quotes

16. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Siscon Onii-san

Really well made. Just a suggestion, instead of an ordinary river give it a try for a transparent tile and make a bottomless canyon around it, add some fog in the depth, would looks badass and much better than a river.

17. @Siscon Onii-san
    It would be a shame, but if you cannot make it to the deadline,
    what do you think about finishing it and uploading it to the official map section,
    considering the suggestions APproject gave you in the post above ?

18. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I got really pissed off yesterday after my pc crashed and blue screen, sh*t! My entry map can't be open anymore and got downed. After watching Independence Day 3 hours later, I got motivated to retry my entry again.

Wip
    [​IMG]

Several hours...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a question, will terrain tiles be used even if it's not in the Skin section?

19. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are called Crash Dumps,or in other words,said by many pissed off dudes, the Blue Screen of Death. This makes me pissed of too.

20. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh the blue screen... damn that's bad. Well nice that you got working on it again though. I think it is okay to use custom tiles that aren't from the site as long as you give the link to where you found them. Good luck with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.