• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Showcase (+map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
For long time ago, me and Ragingspeedhorn was working on a campaign called Realms of Teradorr. We never finished it because I lost the interrest.

Now I upload the map so all the new ones to wc3 can look at the terrain, and get an idea how to make good looking terrain. - or just get some inspirration.

The map contains alot of custom models, but I never wrote the author of the models name down, so I cant give them credit.

Fell free to open the map and copy/look/get-ideas or whatever.

Information:
• The most models use ingame textures.
• I used the "MiscData.txt" file to create the high hills.
• The Terrain is not playable, only viewable.

You can download the "MiscData.txt" file here and see how you install it:
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32419

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 363
  • scr2.jpg
    scr2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 370
  • scr3.jpg
    scr3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 380
  • scr4.jpg
    scr4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Realms of Teradorr.w3n
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
Level 11
Right now im working on some kind of variables system..
That I later will use in a attack/character/equipment system.

And if I ever finish it, I will create a little RPG with all they system I think a WC3 RPG map need to be exceting and funny to play.

For some months ago I worked on this Floor system. I only created it to see if it was possible. It was possible, but I have never finished it. it still need:
•Some path problems that need to be fixed.
•It also dont work in multiplayer yet, but its possible.

Attachments

• FloorSystemV0.1.w3x
    84.5 KB · Views: 67
Level 6
Approved, it looks alittle bit empty or "dead" for a City/Village.
But nice solid mapping job you made there.

Level 11
Please! For the love of god, finish your damn RPGs! They're so good and then you leave them. Kinda like me... but yours are better ;)
+rep since you're one of my favie modders anyway and the terrain and system pwns.
Thanks for the sweet words;)
Sometimes when im working with an RPG, I get some really good ideas, I absolut must include in the map. But when im working with my "idea", I realise its too much work for one person. - And I give up.

I got alot of ideas to character systems and such. And I know they are possible to do. But it takes forever to trigger.

And I also need models for the most systems.
But again, it takes forever to do.

Approved, it looks alittle bit empty or "dead" for a City/Village.
But nice solid mapping job you made there.

Like I said: We never finished it.
They reason why you dont see people in the screenshots is we was planning to do some kind of NPC system, so the pople walks-arrond/talks/Trade/Go to sleep, and other thinks like that.

emergenzy that terrain is prob the best city i have ever seen and i was wondering how many doodads did you have at the end

For the city there is 947 doodads + 420 for indoor of the houses.

Level 25
Thanks for the sweet words;)
Sometimes when im working with an RPG, I get some really good ideas, I absolut must include in the map. But when im working with my "idea", I realise its too much work for one person. - And I give up.

I got alot of ideas to character systems and such. And I know they are possible to do. But it takes forever to trigger.

And I also need models for the most systems.
But again, it takes forever to do.

Working on a big RPG, especially Campaigns, requires alot of dedication and commitment. I agree that all of your ideas are amazingly good and that they do take a while to make. Hopefully your next RPG or ORPG will be completed with patience :)
~Craka_J

Level 11
Working on a big RPG, especially Campaigns, requires alot of dedication and commitment. I agree that all of your ideas are amazingly good and that they do take a while to make. Hopefully your next RPG or ORPG will be completed with patience :)
~Craka_J

I dont know if I want to spend alot of time on a RPG. Meybe when I then finished a RPG, the wc3 community is dead. Its waste of time.

I cant decide if I shall wait till Starcraft 2 comes ud, and the make a RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.