• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Showcase By X.e.r.e.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Great shots

I like the last one, and the idea of the cave thingy :p :) :thumbs_up:

Well, the best one is the sun, not the mountain :smile:

Level 25
Looks like we have another good terrainer in the WarCraft III modding community of the Hive Workshop. :smile:

They are all good, but the only one that I didn't like so much was the barrens terrain. I don't think the tiles were used all that well; for instance, the tile used for the cliffs. It looked terrible - well I have always hated that tile - especially when stretched like that. You probably should've used another tile for the cliffside instead. However, you certainly are good at terraining, but you still have quite a way to go before I can agree that you 'good enough'.

I encourage you to keep terraining, as your work is nice and enjoyable to look at.

~Craka_J

Level 4
Really nice!
Were most of the things you used when making the terrains already doodads etc in the game or did you import them?
Are there any guides for making awesome terrains like these? :O

Level 4
What's UTM?
One more thing, did you take a screenshot in-game or in the world editor?
If it was in-game I'd like to know how to view things from angles like that.

Level 36
Hey xerex! The new pic is nice and is somewhat a new twist, which i like :p
Anyways, there is TWO things I want to point out:
1. Whats all those round objects looking like tree tops on the ground? (and if they are tree tops and the point is that these trees shall look bigger i would suggest making them a bit larger, those on the ground.)
2. The LARGE trees look rather dead, you should add some leaves to them in any whay possible, not so that they cover up each other but only so they dont look that bare :p

Status
Not open for further replies.