• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well when it comes to terrain I think dramtic hights not sure why but like lavish castles to battle in and such....but anways I was just woundering how many polies are acutly in the terrain itself or does it just merge into one gaint plane if there no terrain modifcations?

Level 8
well you can;t just import a wc3 terrain into a editor. my project i plan on you will hardly be on acutual terrain ground at all much like your helms deep map only playable. so yea just a nice to know fact i would like to know so i can figure out what my limit of polies should be for my doodads

Level 45
um.. i think HernanG stated that hes H.D terrain is playable at wc3c.

and for that, im not sure, not unless your a guru at texture pathing and know exactly what your doing.
Iv seen afew maps with walkable verandas and such, dunno..... :/
EDIT: you can add a high poly castle, but you would need to add pathing blockers and plan on your placing of the terran and such to make it walkable...
hopefull this is what u meant

Level 8
ow trust me im a guro at pathing textures. but im just curous becuase it will be like just one gaint model. with other small sections. but im just woundering becuase i would be pretty sad to make a crazy castle level only to have it lagg like mad. Edit: just to give you the idea of size think Van Helsing Draculas castle lol.

Level 6
OK, like Werewulf, in my map the walls, towers, and such were walkable.

I used pathing blockers, Invisible platforms, custom pathing blockers.... etc.

Now if u are going to make the Van Hellsing.........'s interior, u might want to add gothic archs, columns, statues, maybe a custom (custom-custom) tileset, including tiles and cliff tiles, etc...

Then if u are gonna make the exterior of the castle, leave it away, cause it was epic.

Level 8
Well since I lost my damn concept becuase of a glitch(Teaches me for not saving after 3 solid hours of work). Its like this there is a total of 4 levels and a basement. basicly you go threw a dungoun like level to get into the castle via underground tunnels. then after doing a bit of fighting to reach the main gate of the castle you relize its locked so what happens is you have to go up a searies of 7 towers connected via bridges around the main castle to go fight the final boss after a nice duel you finly get the 1st level door open which not to spoil anything is the last bit of the campaign. so yea 7 seperate towers with about 2 levels equipt with stairs and then a crazy remove and replace system so you can walk over object as well inside them.

Status
Not open for further replies.