• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain preview of what I'm working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey everyone.

I never actually posted something in the terrainers section before because I don't like my terrain enough to see it as art, and I'm working too hard on the RPG where the terrain comes from to also become a serious "terrainer" on the forums. However I think this was worth a first impression of what I'm working on.

I also would like to ask you to check out the Hosted forums in my signature because that's the place where all the terrain comes from and I would love to show entire hive where I'm so enthousiastic about.

On the (short) video I didn't show you the left side of the tree just because that side isn't done yet and I couldn't wait to show things of it.

Enough chitchat and take a look!
Oh and if you see weird things or have questions dont hesitate to tell me as long as it's on an acceptable tone because I ignore WTF YOU SPAM DOODADZOR replys.

Credits to Victor Bailey for the music. He's one of my favorite bassplayers:grin:

EDIT: Don't look at that mushroom. I was terraining an area with mushrooms and forgot to deselect that doodad:p:p

Level 13
VERY NICE!

When you move it, it lookz like one epic building!

(What program do you use to record?)

Level 19
VERY NICE!

When you move it, it lookz like one epic building!

(What program do you use to record?)

Yeah it's a playable terrain for my ORPG and it's the starting area for the elves so it's a city for them.

I use fraps full to record, though I use an unlegal version.

And thanks Megafyr for compliment:D
A respected terrainer's positive judging is always welcome:D

Level 36
Quite neat, very much so. Might I suggest a bit more variety in the tree-leaves however, as the bush model gets quite, repetive when you have too many of them, not to mention that it is not the best looking doodad out there, but I do know that its a pain to limit the imports so I wont argue about it. And as a side note, I think that the ground right in front of the bridge needs just a tad more tile-variety.

But overall, as mentioned before, quite neat and interesting, be sure to expect me to check out that forum of yours ^^

Level 19
Quite neat, very much so. Might I suggest a bit more variety in the tree-leaves however, as the bush model gets quite, repetive when you have too many of them, not to mention that it is not the best looking doodad out there, but I do know that its a pain to limit the imports so I wont argue about it. And as a side note, I think that the ground right in front of the bridge needs just a tad more tile-variety.

But overall, as mentioned before, quite neat and interesting, be sure to expect me to check out that forum of yours ^^

Thanks alot, but I used the Swamp Tree model and changed the rotation of it. And ofc the tiles around the city aren't done yet. They are just grass now but I didn't work on that yet.:grin:

Level 19
Too much fog.

Well tbh that was my first impression aswel, but ingame it looks better. The amount of fog is perfect ingame with the camera system. Just understand I zoomed out alot in here and the tiles that represent the bridge are as big as fortresses from wc3 melee games. So the city is kinda big.

Level 19
Haha thanks alot guys for the great compliments:D
Here's a youtube version of the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_imGJtmds It's seriously very cool funk/fusion if you like it. But you have to like that style ofc.:p

Well I actually "spammed" doodads in the way of "using alot of doodads" but my opinion is that I didn't use too much.
Per example:

The fences are made out of Single Collumns scaled pretty small. The big tree is made out of multiple World Tree models with extra high height compared to the width in combination with the Swamp Tree model that's turned for like 70 degrees so it loks like it's part of the tree when placed in it.
I also placed small benches and barrels with flowers in it to make it look like a living city. The only problem is that I can't add villagers to it because I can't place villagers on walkable doodads before the game starts.

Level 21
Well tbh that was my first impression aswel, but ingame it looks better. The amount of fog is perfect ingame with the camera system. Just understand I zoomed out alot in here and the tiles that represent the bridge are as big as fortresses from wc3 melee games. So the city is kinda big.

I noticed in-game fog is different from WE fog too, but you should either give the preview in-game or modify the fog... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.