• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest - Ashenvale Tileset[Dead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Here is a Terrain Contest! The rules are sample. People who participe just have to make a terrain for each tileset. But no, you wont have to make all tilesets at a time. First, we gonna start with Ashenvale. Let's see who's the best terrainer on Ashenvale!

Not sure how to post a screenshot in the forums? Read Moderator DarkShadow's sticky on how to post images in the forums located in the Off-Topic.

This contest ends when all masters of each tileset have been chosen.

For now, please post screenshots of your terrains of Ashenvale. Good Luck.

-Rui

Level 3
I'll post something in a few minutes, I wish I could use something I've already done, they just look so pretty =P

Level 1

im still a newbie, so dont be to harsch(spelling?) ^^
and also, this isnt finnished and has many wrongs in it.

Level 3
A ruined Night Elf village on an Island...

village1.JPG

village2.JPG

village3.JPG

Rui

Rui

Level 41
IMPRESSIVE! Emergency is currently on top! If someone wants to beat him, do it now! The end is on Saturday (10 Sep). In 10 of September we will begin with a new tileset. Come on! More images.

P.S Very nice Emergency. I never thought on something like that it's very good :D

-Rui

Level 3
Thanks for ignoring mine Rui I feel so appreciated, anyways, Emergenys has so many problems with it it's not even funny. The main one is the extreme spikes in the terrain, you will never, ever find that anywhere, it is completly un-natural and looks hidious. The other are minor that I'd rather not go into but I hardly consider your judgement as accurate anymore Rui after missing those blatent mistakes.

Level 11
Thanks for ignoring mine Rui I feel so appreciated, anyways, Emergenys has so many problems with it it's not even funny. The main one is the extreme spikes in the terrain, you will never, ever find that anywhere, it is completly un-natural and looks hidious. The other are minor that I'd rather not go into but I hardly consider your judgement as accurate anymore Rui after missing those blatent mistakes.

Why should it be funny? You say its un-natural, i will say a so big tree on your screenshots is un-natural, and with alot of tables in it (dunno if it shall look like platforms) thats un-natural.

Level 3
-=Emergenzy=- said:
Why should it be funny? You say its un-natural, i will say a so big tree on your screenshots is un-natural, and with alot of tables in it (dunno if it shall look like platforms) thats un-natural.
If you can find a place in nature where the land looks like that show me, because I can show you places with trees of that magnitude.

Level 7
In the final cinamatic of ROC Archimonde was defeated by many wisps, i did the scene on the Editor & yes it was pretty funny! Hey did u like my Troll Village! It took 2 Minutes! Im not lying just 2 minutes, & The Archimonde thingy 5 Minutes & The Warlord's Command 1 Minute! Easy, Quick & Cool Looking lol!

Level 7
Emergenzy, see this (The Picture Down)! Its another one of my "5" minutes making terrain! See? Imagine how would it look after 20 minutes! Then 60 Minutes! Then 90!!!
Get ready 2 lose! Cause im working on a Great Barren Terrain better than this one! Muahahahahahh see ya next round! & for N00by I dont really care about those silly Ashenvale Terrains! Cause ther Rubbish!!!

(Merceneries camp in a Oasis! Time: 5 Minutes!!!)

Burn!!!

Level 7
-=Emergenzy=- said:
LOL :D The Ashenvale contest its not over yet! its still ashenvale time. Its not how long time you was to complete the screenshots that count. Its the quallity and the idea. :D

Hahahahahhahah! U barely think i thought its not Ashenvale? No, no i did this because 1- I was bored 2-To show that the Ashenvale Terrains were NOT my best work plus this one also is NOT my best! Hahahhahahahahahahha!

Btw ppl did u like this? Im working on a 170% Better I bet Rui will like it!

Level 7
Noobystance! I doubt ur abilities in making Terrains is good! U wont win thats why u didnt even think of participating! U'd better get urself a Terrain good 4 u & If u didnt take part in this cool contest Ur a loser! :twisted:

Hahahahahahhahaha! :twisted:

My next Terrain will do a Twist! :twisted:

Rui, this is not Flamming this is Taunting! & Im serious about NOObystance! Join if ur Abilities are cool!!!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Doodi your comments are becoming too much flaming-type in a way. Please careful with your language. If not, I will call oz02 or veggie to close the contest.

The Ashenvale tileset is about to end. But, we don't have enough screenshots. If you people are joining the contest, then you still have time to make an ashenvale terrain. I don't need you to make a terrain of 9999 places. A 64x64/92x92 terrain is enough. I will post screenshots of my own ashenvale tileset... but I lost my login information so you will have to wait a little XD.

-Rui

Level 7
Rui said:
Doodi your comments are becoming too much flaming-type in a way. Please careful with your language. If not, I will call oz02 or veggie to close the contest.

The Ashenvale tileset is about to end. But, we don't have enough screenshots. If you people are joining the contest, then you still have time to make an ashenvale terrain. I don't need you to make a terrain of 9999 places. A 64x64/92x92 terrain is enough. I will post screenshots of my own ashenvale tileset... but I lost my login information so you will have to wait a little XD.

-Rui

1- I Hate Flamming & the Previous thingy u read wasnt ment 2 flame! :(
2- I didnt use a single bad word in it! Do u mean Coward & Loser? I was Taunting!!! :x
3- Since its a contest we're allowed to Taunt & btw no Bad Language was used & my previous post was edited i just deleted the Coward & Loser thingy! :wink:
4- Rui, U totally Hate me!!! :evil:

I WILL win in the Barrens, & thx Crazynutter 4 ur comment im working on that!!!! :twisted:

-- Back To Topic!!! --

Level 25
Bah, I still might make the deadline by like... A few seconds

"Pray tell me traveler, have you heard of the Gren'Del Swamp?"

grendel3.jpg

"They say it lies to the north of the Pren Plains, where those Bloodaxe Orcs dwell, tending their huge wolves. But I don't know which is worse, the orcs or what dwells within the swamp"

grendel1.jpg

"They say it is inhabbited by... The Murlocs"

grendel2.jpg

Gren'Del is an example of how to abuse the Ashenvale tileset. Yes, that is all the Ashenvale Tileset. Its not the complete map, as there's a bit of a human ruin and a Tauren camp I was starting on, but got bored with

Custom Models:

Ashenvale Water Plane
Swamp Tree

How did I make the water in the centre of the Murloc crater? Simple, the Ashenvale Water Plane at the Hubb. One of the best models I've ever seen for this useage

Oh, and Doodi, you're not allowed to taunt even if it is a contest, otherwise I'll find it very damn easy to arrange with VG to swap your title to "Sore Looser" and make sure you can't change it back

You wouldn't like me to have to force you two to stop fighting by embarrasing you, would you?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Doodi said:
2- I didnt use a single bad word in it! Do u mean Coward & Loser? I was Taunting!!! :x
3- Since its a contest we're allowed to Taunt & btw no Bad Language was used & my previous post was edited i just deleted the Coward & Loser thingy! :wink:

I WILL win in the Barrens, & thx Crazynutter 4 ur comment im working on that!!!! :twisted:

-- Back To Topic!!! --

1. You hate flaming? *cough* Lol *cough*
2. Yes. That's flaming in a way. People are not like you. They can consider that an insult.
3. That's not taunt. And I don't care that you deleted.
4. No. I hate the way you speak.

Your last comment: You WILL win? You win if I think you are good enough to. Really, after looking at Veggie and Mecheon's screenies you will have to make a very good terrain to win.

-- Back To Topic!!! -- : Yes i've been trying but it's getting "warm" here.

@Veggie: Very good! I love the second and third one. I think you should have used more canopy trees on the second one but it's good anyway.

@Mecheon: Excellent too. I liked the idea of the ship, and the idea of using a Goblin Merchant as a Murloc Hut. Your screenshots are very realistic. Just increase the size of the Goblin Merchant. It's made for goblins so you should increase the size a little to adjust it with the murlocs' size. I like the first one :). It reminds me of delta force in a way.:)
P.S. Agreed with your last comments.

Ok people. It's time to end the Ashenvale tileset contest. The top people are:

-Emergency
-Mecheon
-VGsatomi

I still have to think on who will stay on first place, second place etc. Your screenshots are all good so... it's hard to decide. I need suggestions from you people.

Goodbye Ashenvale. Welcome Barrens. The Ashenvale tileset is easy because almost everything looks good. As you can see, Veggie imported one of the Sunken Ruin's ground texture/tile. In Barrens, you cannot do the same thing. What I mean is: you can still use doodads/destructibles/ground textures from other tilesets, if you don't get too "off-tileset". Veggie's way of using that ground texture was okay; he still used ashenvale's trees, tiles (lumpy grass, leaves and grassy dirt) and rocks.

The Barrens tileset contest starts tomorrow. Any screenshots from Barrens submited still today will be ignored by me. Good Luck people. I will post some simple terrain screesnhots like I did to Ashenvale. Special thanks to you mods for joining the contest.

I repeat, i need suggestions on who should be in first/second/third place.

EDIT: And don't forget, you can only vote on Emergency, VGsatomi and Mecheon.

-Rui

Level 7
Rui said:
Doodi said:

-- Back To Topic!!! --

1. You hate flaming? *cough* Lol *cough*
2. Yes. That's flaming in a way. People are not like you. They can consider that an insult.
3. That's not taunt. And I don't care that you deleted.
4. No. I hate the way you speak.

Your last comment: You WILL win? You win if I think you are good enough to. Really, after looking at Veggie and Mecheon's screenies you will have to make a very good terrain to win.

-- Back To Topic!!! -- : Yes i've been trying but it's getting "warm" here.

@Veggie: Very good! I love the second and third one. I think you should have used more canopy trees on the second one but it's good anyway.

@Mecheon: Excellent too. I liked the idea of the ship, and the idea of using a Goblin Merchant as a Murloc Hut. Your screenshots are very realistic. Just increase the size of the Goblin Merchant. It's made for goblins so you should increase the size a little to adjust it with the murlocs' size. I like the first one :). It reminds me of delta force in a way.:)
P.S. Agreed with your last comments.

Ok people. It's time to end the Ashenvale tileset contest. The top people are:

-Emergency
-Mecheon
-VGsatomi

I still have to think on who will stay on first place, second place etc. Your screenshots are all good so... it's hard to decide. I need suggestions from you people.

Goodbye Ashenvale. Welcome Barrens. The Ashenvale tileset is easy because almost everything looks good. As you can see, Veggie imported one of the Sunken Ruin's ground texture/tile. In Barrens, you cannot do the same thing. What I mean is: you can still use doodads/destructibles/ground textures from other tilesets, if you don't get too "off-tileset". Veggie's way of using that ground texture was okay; he still used ashenvale's trees, tiles (lumpy grass, leaves and grassy dirt) and rocks.

The Barrens tileset contest starts tomorrow. Any screenshots from Barrens submited still today will be ignored by me. Good Luck people. I will post some simple terrain screesnhots like I did to Ashenvale. Special thanks to you mods for joining the contest.

I repeat, i need suggestions on who should be in first/second/third place.

EDIT: And don't forget, you can only vote on Emergency, VGsatomi and Mecheon.

-Rui

:cry: I'll win... U'll see! &... :cry:
Wait 4 the Barrens & I wasnt Flamming! :cry: I didnt even know...

Status
Not open for further replies.