• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest 6 - Poll

Vote or die mutha fucka vote or die!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This thread is one big whiny TL;DR. Don't think any of us judges give a fuck about what you say :p

I wasnt whining, i suppose you dont agree with my logical, rationaly thought out argument with valid points. If so you fail as a judge:thumbs_down: and your oppinion is worthless to me.

Level 10
True, but what i was trying to say is that there should be certain artistic liberties in the terraining and the theme should be judged on how mythical somthing appears not weather it fits the judges idea of what is ancient mythology or not. As long as it represents somthing in actual ancient mythology.

If that make sense to you then i do value your opinion otherwise it just seems like the judging is flawed.

Level 35
The theme stated Ancient Mythology >.> Not REAL LIFE Ancient Mythology, thus this will make something that is a myth in a fictional world, take Lord of the Rings, Warcraft, Starcraft.. Any game, story, og fictional thing, as long as it is ancient valid. >.>
You shouldnt be so determined to wether or not it did exist in hour world when it was not said that it had to be in the contest.

Level 36
The theme stated Ancient Mythology >.> Not REAL LIFE Ancient Mythology, thus this will make something that is a myth in a fictional world, take Lord of the Rings, Warcraft, Starcraft.. Any game, story, og fictional thing, as long as it is ancient valid. >.>
You shouldnt be so determined to wether or not it did exist in hour world when it was not said that it had to be in the contest.

No, it's real life ancient mythology. Like greeks, romans, norse, etc. That's what the theme was intended to be. I'm really sick of this "well it could've happened in my made-up fantasy world" because that completely defeats the purpose of having a theme.

You all should be glad I'm not using the old judging system, because most of these entries would be getting 0s for theme accuracy.

Level 10
This could go in circles forever - Real Life Ancient Mythology is imaginary these places could look like anything there is no right or wrong way to make yarrgissil or vallhala or atlantis cuz there is no standard description of them - as long as its a giant tree or mythical fortress or a underwater city / whatever it is your intending to represent.

Its not our fualt the theme was so vauge.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
these places could look like anything

The Colloseum, Greek ruins, Aztec ruins, Mayan ruins, Great wall of China and Giza Pyramids all disagree with you. And those are some collosal motherfuckers.

The theme was a very good one. You just failed at working with it.

Well, 7 days for the end, so, I only have to wait...

Gee, thanks for letting us know, Captain Obvious.

____

Void... I really suggest this thing gets closed before those 7 days pass.

Level 10
The Colloseum, Greek ruins, Aztec ruins, Mayan ruins, Great wall of China and Giza Pyramids all disagree with you. And those are some collosal motherfuckers.

____

No - your just plain wrong. Those places are not MYTHOLOGY they are actual places. Vallhala was a mythical place that people belived existed much like modern day heaven. Its not real its mythology.

Level 36

____

I can't do that in this section. It's up to Gilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.