• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
hive468.gif

Terrain Contest #2

Contest Theme: Mountains

Here are the entries! All contestants, please make sure I have posted your entry, and that it is the correct one! After voting is done, I will judge the entries. I have decided to do the judging by myself. Good luck to everyone.

Running Away

frostwhisper

Mechmap

Just_Spectating

~Void~

Sabertooth

Magafyr

redscores

hellblazer-14

Alleycat5

Volvox

Overdose

FamousPker49

varsaigen

X.e.r.e.X

sacridshadow

Childeric

robot-dude

vnakira

HappyTauren

Dakho

Hawkwing

[Death]

NearbyHermit

Last edited:
Level 34
Thank you DSG. Anyone who would like to be a judge, please contact me (a judge cannot enter the contest).

Don't bother asking if I don't know you well.

Level 34
Hmm, well I'm in, as usual.

EDIT: Oh, are we allowed to use the WEU?
I suppose, is it for extra tiles? It only makes better terrain and is open to everyone, so that's fine.

Change where it says contest Title to Terraining Contest #2
Thanks.

are you sure it's from May 17 - July 17? 30 days from May 17 is June 16
Whatever, I changed it to 31 days.

Finally! I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I'll get to work right away. =D
Don't blame me, that other one took far too long to judge and give out rep.

Level 14
Ehm , I just wanted to try to terrain a mountain , Well here it is.
Some comments could be good but I'm not sure if this will be the one I'll have for this contest.
By the way , I have 2 versions , One that's dark and one that's not that dark.
a.png

e-1.png

Which one is the best?

Level 34
will a Big hill count? well not a hill but like say, a mountain, but for an ogre, so like an ogre mound kinda mountain thingie...
I'm not going to be too picky about the theme guys. If I can clearly see it has something to do with the word "mountain", I'm happy.

Level 12
I dont see much what it is because of those pebbles or whatever it is.

Anyway, I've done a little try on this one. Tell me what you think about it. Should I have Red Dungeon Fog or not?

Oh, and the last one is only for fun. Who could be looking over the edge?:wink:

Attachments

• TerrainContest2 (kopia).jpg
    TerrainContest2 (kopia).jpg
    280 KB · Views: 201
  • TerrainContest2Second (kopia).jpg
    TerrainContest2Second (kopia).jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 189
  • TerrainContest2Funny (kopia).jpg
    TerrainContest2Funny (kopia).jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 174
Level 23
I was wondering one thing. Are we allowed to post multiple pictures for the contest? And are we allowed to use the moon/sun effect that I see some use for rising over a mountain or other objects (as long as they aren't imported) And are we allowed to do it so we can see the moon/sun?

Level 34
Looking good guys. Yes X.e.r.e.X that's fine.

Looking good Mechmap, didn't know you could terrain! Mordor ftw! Actually I tried creating a whole series of lotr screens (no units though). Didn't go so well. Maybe I'll try again some time.

Level 6
Although I may not have much experience in terraining I hope im not too late in entering, Heres a preview of my terrain so far (I need more mountains). Will be done soon!:grin: The mountain has eyes O.O Also when you say the contest begins on 17 May, do you mean we start terraining then? I started 20th May D:.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 162
Level 12
Looking good Mechmap, didn't know you could terrain! Mordor ftw! Actually I tried creating a whole series of lotr screens (no units though). Didn't go so well. Maybe I'll try again some time.

Thx Gilles, its actually my second terrain ever since I just found out how to use fog properly and the lowering, raising doodads some time ago. I didnt actually didnt think of Mordor when i created this but now that you say it.. The 2 guys were supposed to be Frodo and Sam and thats all the LotR i thought about at that moment. But I really can think of anything else to add, it would just look.. wrong!

And X.e.r.e.X, sry but I dont really like how you did the mountain. Those pebbles are just.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.