• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tempest ORPG v0.15beta

Juliano presents

full

The great Oracle, creator and destroyer of worlds, has summoned you on an epic adventure through the five realms.
However, only time will expose his ulterior motives...

Tempest is an expanding and work in progress open roleplaying game type of map. While most of it's core systems are finished, there is still a lot of solid content to be added in, which makes it prone to frequent updates with new areas, quests and features!

Pick a hero class and make your way through the realms of Tempest, fighting creatures, adventuring in quests and getting stronger, or -load a previously saved character and engage in more challenging endeavors, doing so in single player, or online in jolly cooperation.

Warning! As the map is still in beta, it definitely has bugs and imbalances! That's why reviews are so important - see author's notes.

Join the discord: Tempest ORPG Discord

Features

Marked with [v] are the features already completed or at least partially implemented in the beta versions
Marked with
[_] are features planned to be released in future versions

[v] 6 hero classes to choose from, from many more planned
[v] 9 spells per hero class (beta has 5 spells per hero)
[v] On top of those, a spellbook for general and additional abilities
[v] Fully customized and/or triggered spells, that scale with your attributes or stats
[v] Colored floating texts that indicate damage, healing, and spells cast
[v] An intuitive equipment system that allows you to use helmets, armor, weapon, shield, amulet and boots, aside from your normal inventory
[v] Over a hundred custom consumables and equippable items, with equipment tiers from 0 (leather) to 7 (demonic steel)
[_] On top of the tier system, items may be Common, Rare, Unique or Legendary
[v] Stack your charged items like potions in one slot
[v] Store even more items with a traveling Stash
[v] Saving and loading so you can store your progress across multiple games, saving your inventory, equipment and stash items
[v] Play how you want! Fully control your locked/unlocked camera with arrow keys and commands to zoom, rotate and adjust angle
[_] Go where you want! Five different themed macro areas to visit - known as realms (beta version has 1 realm ready, but terrain is done - see screenshots)
[v] A total of 24 creep areas to visit, each representing a small map with particular features (beta version has 6 areas and expanding)
[v] Leveled loot in leveled creeps, up to 120 (beta has up to level 30)
[v] Custom creep respawn and experience system, never run out of creeps to fight!
[v] Beware! Custom rare creeps may spawn as elite monsters or bosses at any time, in any of the areas
[_] Five settlements and many neutral areas (beta version has starting area and the tavern)
[_] Five massive dungeons - one per realm, for very challenging Act Boss fights
[v] Hire custom mercenaries at the settlements
[v] Many merchants that sell equipment and have quests
[v] A repeatable, multiplayer quest system for basic missions of killing, gathering and rescuing (beta has only killing quests atm)
[_] An intriguing ingame story and lore to be added via main, unique quests
[_] Random events, secret merchants, secret mercenaries to hire, secret spells to unlock
[_] Covenants and Guilds that allow you to customize your General Abilities spellbook, based on your devotion to their cause

Changelog

[2018-01-07] - v0.15beta
*A ton of small bugfixes
*Leaving players' mercenaries, stash and summoned units are also removed now
*Killing an elite/boss will now count for quests for everyone near it, instead of just who last hitted
*Added 1 Legendary and 10 Rare items to the game
*Added a Chest that "sells" unlockable item quest rewards
*Replaced Scholar's Mana Shield with Frost Armor
*Save/load codes will now *hopefully* be compatible with every version of the map onwards
*Bard and Acolyte have all their leveled spells now! Next heros soon!

[2018-01-02] - v0.14beta
*Fixed Bard having the Scout's Piercing Shot spell
*Fixed Scout spell level for Eagle Eye (from 25 to 12)
*Fixed repick failing message appearing for everyone
*You may now repick an unlimited number of times, as long as your current hero does not reach level 3
*Cooldown on quest items "sold from NPCs" reduced
*Acolyte's Great Fireball no longer explodes upon colliding with trees
*Leaving players will now be teleported to the starting area
*Implemented basic AI for most random elite/boss encounters
*Slighly increased mercenaries and Scholar's elementals hp scaling
*Oracle now also heals nearby units
*Added Bribe's Item Cleanup System to help prevent lag in longer games
*Also added a trigger to remove all items from the ground every 15 minutes, with a warning 1 minute before it happens
*Added floating text to indicate the leveled areas at the Oracle
*Disabled ally attack
*Fixed '|n' text, appearing on quest requirement completion
*Added a special effect to creeps respawning
*Temporarily fixed item tier rewards

[2017-12-28] - v0.13 beta
*Map released after a few testing sessions; has 6 creep areas and 6 classes.

Screenshots

Gameplay screenshots at the end of the description.
p.s. I realize some are actually a bit too bright, probably gonna tone it down a little in the future.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Credits

67chrome
AnimE
Alastor
alfredx_sotn
Bribe
Buster
calex3
Cavman
Callahan
Chan
Dangerb0y
Darkfang
Deolrin
Ders
EAX
Em !
FrIkY
-Grendel
General Frank
G00dG4m3
Hexus
Himperion
Irokez
Infrisiosi
Zucken
JetFangInferno
kangyun
Ket
Kitabatake
Kuhneghetz
Marcelo Hossomi
MassiveMaster
Mr. Goblin
Paladon
PhysCraft
Rem
reason 3
redscores
Rmx
Scarecrow
Sin'dorei300
Stefan.K
Sxar
TheFlood
The_Witcher
Tranquil
TriggerHappy
Ujimasa Hojo
Uncle Fester
Weep
Wulfrein
zeshuri
Zack1996

Author's Notes

This map was made with ideas from a variety or RPGS I have played throughout the years. The project stopped and restarted a few times, but it is finally out!
The plan is now to make incremental improvements, the main objectives of the future versions are:
[*] Populate the other realms with NPCs, creeps and quests
[*] Create the item rarity system
[*] Design the rest of hero spells
[*] Design the dungeons
[*] Make more varied quests and questlines

Want to help make this map? How about having your own character or one of your ideas in the game?
I'm currently in need of gameplay reviewers that can test it for bugs and imbalances!
If you give a meaningful review to Tempest ORPG I am willing to:
-Create an Elite or Boss creep based on your design, or
-Create a custom mercenary for you, that the players can hire, or
-Create a Rare or Unique item based on your lore or ideas, or
-Something else customized!
Rules for this are flexible, within reason, you can choose name, icon, model, abilities, etc, I take care of the balancing and editing!
As long as the idea is somewhat immersive to the map (i.e. no xXxD4RK_P4L4D1NxXx creep name, with scaling 10.0, on the starting areas), I am willing to consider including them!

Thanks to Rufus for the Description Template tutorial!
Previews
Contents

Tempest ORPG v0.15beta (Map)

Reviews
Wareditor
I played this map for around 45 minutes. I got to level 7 with Scout. Never really got out of the first area but got a glimpse of other areas. This is a nice map that has strong core but need a little more polishing. I have to play it more to really...
deepstrasz
Wow, it's a total horror show. Creeps coming from every direction and respawning fast even from the start/near the first shop. A level 5 gnoll died and respawned right on the circle of power/entrance to the shopping zone. It gets quickly repetitive. I...
deepstrasz
Map approved mostly based on @Wareditor's reviews. There is more work to be done but for now it offers enough content and playtime to be fit for approval. Plus, more than 1 person can play it. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the...
Level 9
Well, betas usually go in the map development forum: Map Development
How much playtime does this version offer? Does it have game breaking/impeding bugs?
I might create a thread on the Map Development forum soon!

This version has around 3 - 6 hours playtime from what I've experienced. Played it online for more than 2 hours on multiple occasions, with varying groups of people (3 to full house).

I did not encounter any gamebreaking bugs during the testing of this version (0.13).

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hmm you might consider changing Blizzard trees to custom ones as they are quite ugly in an RPG - especially the forest trees. I am a sucker for good looking terrains, but since screenshots are the first things people look at when judging a map I thought it would be a valuable piece of advice.

Level 14
I played this map for around 45 minutes. I got to level 7 with Scout. Never really got out of the first area but got a glimpse of other areas. This is a nice map that has strong core but need a little more polishing. I have to play it more to really give more feedback.

Here is the notes I took while playing :
-In lobby, forces are unamed
-suggestion: allow multiple repicks in beta and on final release make it so you can repick once every x minutes
-Hero Selection is good and clean
-I picked Scout
-suggestion: camera pan should be instant
-no indication to where or what to do once hero is selected.
-suggestion: a little intro quest would be nice but just a small texttag on each zone to know their level range would be nice
-suggestion: add out of combat regeneration
-suggestion: add a game timer
-Quest completion text (not when giving back the quest but finishing the task) is bugged. "|n" is appearing.
-You should tell somewhere how to give back quest (at least for the first quest) - good thing I played teve.
-Stats bonus from items don't appear in green (probably not a bug but would be nice to have it in green so you know you base stats from your bonus stats)
-What does the "[0]", "[1]" or "[2]" in front of items mean actually ?
-black boxes as borders are kinda strange for my taste
-I think the initial leveling is too slow (playing solo so maybe that's why)
-the guard kill-stealing got annoying fast
-suggestion: creeps should have a fx when spawning
-you can attack guard (not sure if not intended)
-zone transition are silly, you get gang ambushed right away just by entering a new area and they disapear as soon as you take a step back
-zoom out on death is strange imo
-managed to bug out the zone transition system ? Came back from wolves and no creeps were in the inital area (though just had to back to wolves and then back to initial area to reset it)
-had to stop the test at this point

Last edited:
Level 9
Hmm you might consider changing Blizzard trees to custom ones as they are quite ugly in an RPG - especially the forest trees. I am a sucker for good looking terrains, but since screenshots are the first things people look at when judging a map I thought it would be a valuable piece of advice.

Thank you! I certainly will consider revamping the trees in the future, UTM has a lot of cool models including purple trees for the Centaur Grove area. I have not found many alternatives for the snowy/winter areas though.

I played this map for around 45 minutes. I got to level 7 with Scout. Never really got out of the first area but got a glimpse of other areas. This is a nice map that has strong core but need a little more polishing. I have to play it more to really give more feedback.

Here is the notes I took while playing :
-In lobby, forces are unamed
-suggestion: allow multiple repicks in beta and on final release make it so you can repick once every x minutes
-Hero Selection is good and clean
-I picked Scout
-suggestion: camera pan should be instant
-no indication to where or what to do once hero is selected.
-suggestion: a little intro quest would be nice but just a small texttag on each zone to know their level range would be nice
-suggestion: add out of combat regeneration
-suggestion: add a game timer
-Quest completion text (not when giving back the quest but finishing the task) is bugged. "|n" is appearing.
-You should tell somewhere how to give back quest (at least for the first quest) - good thing I played teve.
-Stats bonus from items don't appear in green (probably not a bug but would be nice to have it in green so you know you base stats from your bonus stats)
-What does the "[0]", "[1]" or "[2]" in front of items mean actually ?
-suggestion: creeps should have a fx when spawning
-you can attack guard (not sure if not intended)
-zone transition are silly, you get gang ambushed right away just by entering a new area and they disapear as soon as you take a step back
-zoom out on death is strange imo
-managed to bug out the zone transition system ? Came back from wolves and no creeps were in the inital area (though just had to back to wolves and then back to initial area to reset it)
-had to stop the test at this point

@Wareditor Thanks for playing and reviewing the map!
I am currently fixing some of the features and will implement some changes based on your notes!

As for the -repick, you will be able to do it as many times as you want, as long as you don't reach level 3!

As for the intro area, for now I will add some basic information for the players. In the future, I want to make the main questline start with the Oracle, sending you to explore the 5 realms, as I finish writing the lore.

As for game timer, I'm thinking about adding a general purpose multiboard that shows player's name, hero, level and current area, as well as showing the time played. What do you think?

Quest completion '|n' happens because the NPCs have subtitles next after their names, I may try to trigger it as a substring to prevent that.

I might add general hints on the tier and quest systems as ingame messages or F9 Menu. Which one do you think is best?

I did not understand this part, you mean the solid black fill on tooltips?

That is probably it, experience is shared among people in the same area so bigger groups = more exp. However it has diminishing returns, high level players killing low level monsters will not grant much Exp to the 'party'.

Tupun is kind of a bastard isn't he? But he also works hard to help newcomers!!
But now, seriously, if it becomes a problem I can add a trigger for him to share the gold he earns among nearby players. However, bounty system is subject to change in the future, so not only last hitters get $$.

About the zone transitioning: it's much less perceptible in multiplayer as they only disappear if there is no heros on the area you are leaving, but still, might rework that with a timer or similar.
The empty area bug is unfortunately unfixed yet, the creeps are to appear when a hero enters the region but sometimes it fails, still investigating!

Level 14
Thank you for the reply :)

- Why not allow repick at higher levels ?
- The Oracle's stuff sounds great.
- The general purpose multiboard is also good.
- You could enumerate trough each char and detect when there is a "|" followed by a "n" and then remove them (and the subtitle if you want it) from the displayed text.
- I think hints are good (should be easily turned on or off) and general information in F9 is also a good idea so I would advise to do both.
- By black boxes, I mean the ones that create the border for areas.
- Yeah I think gold and quest kills should be shared on kill between allies.
- To make the transition less perceptible you should only clean it after x seconds. So when a hero leave, you start a timer and when it expires you check if the area is empty of players. If it is, you clean it.

Good luck! If you need help testing, don't hesitate to ask me (you should also create a discord)

Level 9
Decided to release v0.14, to start working on new & bigger features - the multiboard, quest reward items, new spells, new areas.
Changelog added to the main post, it is mostly a quality of life / bugfixing update.

Thank you for the reply :)

- Why not allow repick at higher levels ?
- The Oracle's stuff sounds great.
- The general purpose multiboard is also good.
- You could enumerate trough each char and detect when there is a "|" followed by a "n" and then remove them (and the subtitle if you want it) from the displayed text.
- I think hints are good (should be easily turned on or off) and general information in F9 is also a good idea so I would advise to do both.
- By black boxes, I mean the ones that create the border for areas.
- Yeah I think gold and quest kills should be shared on kill between allies.
- To make the transition less perceptible you should only clean it after x seconds. So when a hero leave, you start a timer and when it expires you check if the area is empty of players. If it is, you clean it.

Good luck! If you need help testing, don't hesitate to ask me (you should also create a discord)

@Wareditor
Thanks for the insights
I know if a player wants to transfer items to a lvl 1 character he can online, without much trouble. Disabling repick makes it harder to give high level items to a level 1 character on single player - since you can save and load in single player! Another reason is, I use a lot of upgrade data to add scaling for spells, mercenaries, etc.

The Oracle quest chain is going to be the main - all players get involved. What I want to do is a big quest for each realm - kill the act boss, find NPCs and/or gather some powerful artifact.
I.E. Amaranth: you need to gather an ancient relic from the dark elves, for the Oracle to consume (and increase his power). However, just before you fight the last boss in their temple, a NPC with a tempting offer appears: instead of fighting their god, take a 'corrupted' or 'fake' relic to the Oracle instead. This allows for branching consequences - angering/threatening the Oracle, or helping him become even more powerful.
In the end of the 5 quests, the results of the decisions made then define the world state for the current playthrough or something.

Ah by black boxes you mean the area separation. That layout helps to have a lot of areas in smaller map spaces.
I think I could rework them for areas in the same "realm", like, between forest areas etc. Using doodads maybe?

The only problem with sharing quest kills is that "10 goblins" becomes trivial. However, I'm willing to add the sharing atleast on elite/bosses, since they are a bit rare.

The timer idea is also something I'm going to try!

(you should also create a discord)
Will do soon!

Thank you, we can test it together sometime. Also, if you also need test/help/ideas on your projects, ask!

Level 14
I don't know if you have a binding system (items that belong to one player only) but it's definetely needed to limit abuse! So you can bind items on save and on load.
I guess upgrade data is more complicated as you can't rollback upgrades iirc.

I really like the idea of branching quest and having an impact on the world. Hard to pull off but really unique in a Warcraft Orpg.

Yeah I think doodads or terrain separation would be better than just darkness.

Well to limit sharing you could always add a share range so it only share with heroes close to the killed unit.

Goodluck on the next update ! Glad to see that you already release an update :)

Level 1
The vers 0.14 is little bugged i cant use my item inventory with a loaded character. So i cant unequip or equip new items. Others things are transfered so far.
Ill keep an eye on your map anyway :)

Level 9
I don't know if you have a binding system (items that belong to one player only) but it's definetely needed to limit abuse! So you can bind items on save and on load.
I guess upgrade data is more complicated as you can't rollback upgrades iirc.

I really like the idea of branching quest and having an impact on the world. Hard to pull off but really unique in a Warcraft Orpg.

Yeah I think doodads or terrain separation would be better than just darkness.

Well to limit sharing you could always add a share range so it only share with heroes close to the killed unit.

Goodluck on the next update ! Glad to see that you already release an update :)

@Wareditor Do you know of any specific system you can recommend for binding?

The vers 0.14 is little bugged i cant use my item inventory with a loaded character. So i cant unequip or equip new items. Others things are transfered so far.
@Nuttendiesel I changed the load item lists to fix the item tier system. I think that messed with the "Open Inventory" item on loading. So sorry!

I'm going to add a fixed placeholder list so the load codes don't change throughout the versions!

Right now, I am working to add all remaining spells to heroes. Acolyte and Bard are almost done! Then, I'll move on to the second realm! Lots of bugfixing happening too

Level 14
@Juliano
I am using a custom one made by myself (in vJass). It's pretty easy to do one. I am sure there are many in the spells section.
You just have to assign an owner to an item and check if the item has an owner on pickup. Assigning an owner is done natively (meaning there is a function for it on the base editor).

Level 9
Creating a discord channel for this map! Join at:
Tempest ORPG - Discord

i can't open my equipment inventory after loading, help please!

@Nuttendiesel
@july
That bug was because I changed the item lists to fix item drop bugs! So sorry!

Released version 0.15, from now on, load codes will work on every future version, even if many Heroes/items are added! * hopefully
Changelog added to description!

Level 12
Very fun orpg still very unfinished but i played for 4 hours and got a lvl 35 caster (cant remember what it was called) i purchased all the best first area items and save/load worked great.

Now for the bad;

1. The casters first ability lighting bolt instead of going were you target it will automatically dmg closest unit to you instead.

2. Need a message stating that the save/load is also being saved to a local file.

3. Never get to read starting game messages they disappear way to quickly you should leave them displayed until the person has chosen a character.

4. Plague ability is always glitchy in any wc3 map abd it happens again in this one the effect lasts around 10-15 minutes once it has been stacked on you i suggest to go a different route.

5. The boss spawn rate in second area were the girl shop is in the middle has to be glitched i set there for 45 minutes grinding for potions and kil' boss only spawned 1 time and when he did spawn he spawned 2 wolf bosses with him, it was a battle.

6. After reaching lvl 30 i visited the next set of areas and took a sneak peek at the future and i am excited but i do not like how it gets so grindy in first area i believe you should unlock a new area every 20 levels example: area 1-20 area 20-40 area 40-60 and so on.

7. The knockback from the waternado is badly glitched pushing any unit into other areas including bosses the knockback carries them through the barriers.

8. Need a message or icon stating that you need to press the esc key in order to change your bag back to inventory took me a few minutes to figure that one out.

9. Water elemental with bash is decent but i hate the lightning elemental its a good idea to have chances for other summons but he needs an helpful ability also such as chain lighting or maybe an AoE lightning field.

10. The innkeeper that attacks at beginning is sooooooo OP hes a big bully lol could not kill him until i was level 15 and he kept the npc killed the whole time, i would suggest just removing him or have a quest with him as first area boss.

More to come all in all i love the game and look forward to future releases also i am a vjass coder so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

For now 3/5 because it does have 2 hours of playability before it gets boring and you start topping out.

Last edited:
Level 9
Very fun orpg still very unfinished but i played for 4 hours and got a lvl 35 caster (cant remember what it was called) i purchased all the best first area items and save/load worked great.

Now for the bad;

1. The casters first ability lighting bolt instead of going were you target it will automatically dmg closest unit to you instead.

2. Need a message stating that the save/load is also being saved to a local file.

3. Never get to read starting game messages they disappear way to quickly you should leave them displayed until the person has chosen a character.

4. Plague ability is always glitchy in any wc3 map abd it happens again in this one the effect lasts around 10-15 minutes once it has been stacked on you i suggest to go a different route.

5. The boss spawn rate in second area were the girl shop is in the middle has to be glitched i set there for 45 minutes grinding for potions and kil' boss only spawned 1 time and when he did spawn he spawned 2 wolf bosses with him, it was a battle.

6. After reaching lvl 30 i visited the next set of areas and took a sneak peek at the future and i am excited but i do not like how it gets so grindy in first area i believe you should unlock a new area every 20 levels example: area 1-20 area 20-40 area 40-60 and so on.

7. The knockback from the waternado is badly glitched pushing any unit into other areas including bosses the knockback carries them through the barriers.

8. Need a message or icon stating that you need to press the esc key in order to change your bag back to inventory took me a few minutes to figure that one out.

9. Water elemental with bash is decent but i hate the lightning elemental its a good idea to have chances for other summons but he needs an helpful ability also such as chain lighting or maybe an AoE lightning field.

10. The innkeeper that attacks at beginning is sooooooo OP hes a big bully lol could not kill him until i was level 15 and he kept the npc killed the whole time, i would suggest just removing him or have a quest with him as first area boss.

More to come all in all i love the game and look forward to future releases also i am a vjass coder so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

For now 3/5 because it does have 2 hours of playability before it gets boring and you start topping out.

@CHA_Owner, thank you for the review and comments! Glad you liked the map! Though I'm hoping I can change that 3/5 in future releases :psmile:

How do you like the quests/ new items?

Answering your review:

1. That happens because the missle spawns and instantly checks for nearby targets, might make the missile spawn a bit offset from the caster, thanks for pointing it out.
2. I'm still figuring out the .txt that CodeGen generates and will definitely formalize the feature in the future
3. Thanks for pointing, an easy and needed fix!
4. I did not know about that, doesnt it last for 120 seconds? Might replace with a regular poison if the ability is bugged tho.
5. Elite/Bosses spawn randomly where a Level 5 (or multiple of 5) enemy would spawn, I think you just got bad luck because I found all bosses multiple times on playtesting
6. While the 1st and 2nd areas are 30 level apart, the other realms (Permafrost, Umbra and Gehenn) are 20 levels apart, I made the first areas bigger to eventually have a better grip on storyline and lore, one thing that might happen is the addition of mini-dungeons
7. I know lol, I love the spell but it is a big bugged atm, I'm currently working on a trigger to stop the spell if the tornadoes reach the boundaries, it also gives vision so yea, a good chunk of bugfixing to do just there
8. Will add, thanks for pointing it
9. I was thinking maybe the lightning elemental would cast INT based chain lightning and the water elemental a INT based AOE stun/slam, what do you think?
10. In single player he can be really hard head on, but I managed to kill him with the help of Tupun! Another thing you can do is hire a tank mercenary, he can take quite a beating! Otherwise, run indoors to reset the area!

Thanks! Btw, you can join the discord to report bugs!

Level 12
I like the idea of the elemental abilities and i agree with you on all the changes and with the boss spawning i guess it was just back luck on my part, looking forward to next update for sure!

And yes i would get rid of disease and stick with poison and maybe have spiders use web from time to time.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Wow, it's a total horror show. Creeps coming from every direction and respawning fast even from the start/near the first shop.
A level 5 gnoll died and respawned right on the circle of power/entrance to the shopping zone.
It gets quickly repetitive. I guess it's a faster experience in multiplayer.
I guess you should mention that finishing a quest requires right click on the giver.

I can't use any cheats for further testing. I'm not gonna rinse and repeat for hours. The gameplay doesn't get me at all when there seems to be no story.
It has nice systems which spice up the RPG feel though.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Last edited:
Level 6
Map has great potential.

However, I may be an idiot. But I don't know how to turn my equip inventory of. Can't find a button/command anywhere...and now I can't pick up stuff.

How to do that?

Level 3
1. Give a list of Heroes please with a simple/short description of their ability. Not only the screenshots are SO important(20! of them, Karl), but the gameplay and heroes i will spend time with. Then i will see.

2. Dont you follow everyone wants by "if you give meaningful review i`m willing to". It is your project, pay attention but keep your own way.

3. If your game is going to be fat even on late game. Do mention it. I mean 99999999 numbers.

Last edited:
Level 15
Review Exchange: Tempest ORPG v0.15 Beta

Player Log:
- Item sell range is too far, player needs to walk over the other side of table to sell items. (Alchemist)
- Generally feels like harry potter setting, which is good.
- Red Ale is super good but price is too high! (100 gold per bottle) "WTF"

Introduction:

Welcome to
Tempest ORPG and it's almost 2018, judging from the latest update it was Christmas back in 2018. I decided to play as Acolyte because "Blood Mage", anyway I start off as a mage anyway, it's funny how I spent 5 minutes to find the portal back to the save point (a.k.a Necromancer) and there it is, a spell book that allows me to teleport back to heaven. :eek:
Acolyte is a mage Hero who starts off with "Finger of Death" and "Heal", I find myself fighting along side a lone warrior who is trying very hard to survive from gnolls and peons. I managed to help him but I almost got killed! Those things spawn really fast and I struggle to keep both of us alive! Before I know it, the games just got even harder the higher level I become until a point two bosses start to spawn near us and finally the warrior was dead, then I realized this never ends as the warrior slowly reincarnates back with full health without a realistic cooldown. I thought well time to get serious, I got myself some small quests, got all the end game items that's available at the starting area and finally reached level 15, I felt I have already accomplished the game. Then I realized... I think I saw a level 100 area at the beginning... I got tired and teleport myself back to Necromancer, saved my game and here I am.
The game was incredibly fast paced, I find myself constantly at 25% health trying to heal quickly, luckily the potions of healing and recovery are both very cheap and I was able to heal back to full almost immediately, also using my heal ability to keep myself alive most of the time, then I got killed one time when I was totally surrounded by boss mobs. :eek:
After my revival, I decided to play a little more seriously, I started to move toward the second area of the map and found the great reaper boss, wow that guy almost killed me the second time ... o_O Luckily for me I learnt my lesson and did not get surrounded like the previous time. After I destroy reaper and complete my boss quest, I got a little bit cocky, I went back to the first area and realized that my skills are now able to kill stuff in one hit, I was like finally, that was what I was aiming for and stopped playing after that. I feel the pattern should be like that for the rest of the game and that's why I decided to start my review from there.

Game:

This game is too fast pace for a level 1 Hero in my opinion but I am sure glad that the potions are super cheap, it wasn't as relaxing as I would expect in an ORPG but it was thrilled with excitement and that can be a bonus for extra points, what I highlighted at the start is still bugging me, you need to increase the sell range because it's a waste of time trying to sell to that Alchemist. (Well that's a -1 point right there but still) 8/10 - Really amazing level design there.

Difficulty:

Absolutely unacceptable, the difficulty is through the roof, not only was it impossible to fight any of the monsters alone at level 1, it was actually trying to kill the warrior who was tanking all the damage for me. On top of all that, you would think it was difficult enough, No way :eek:, the boss starts spawning right when you hit level 5, those bosses took like 5 minutes to kill each of them, what the "****"! Yeap which leads me to my next point, I actually died trying to kill the boss and they were block the way back to the town, "YOU WOT MATE":eek: 9/10

Hero:

Acolyte is really standard, nothing special, just lots of explosion, checked. Ability to heal to full health instantly, checked, but he lacks slows and stuns. Finger of "Death" allows him to explode a target if it was a killing blow, this allows him to do area damage and is incredible for farming at the start. If anything else it was very standard, nothing too original, the special effects are okay but I find the model a little too nice. If the Hero is that weak early on shouldn't he look like a beggar or something? I mean looking like a prince and actually got bullied left and right doesn't really feel great when the warrior that looks like a footy was outperforming me in every way shape and form. I suggest that you start off with the usual blood mage, then change the model after he reach like level 10 or something. (With extra stats of course :) ) 8/10

Neutrals:

Oh my Jesus lord and the high god above please no, this is too difficult, how is a baby on Earth going to deal with such monsters when he was just born, this is insanity, make it stop, no please no this is just too difficult. For new players trying this game out in single player, I suggest you type "whosyourdaddy" immediately until you reach level 12 or something, extremely recommended, this game is not for solo players, it's a team game. 6/10

Items:

Dude, for a game that is only v0.15 Beta, your items and Hero content is amazing, I am going to give you a high mark for this but before that, I think that the potion Red Ale needs to be cheaper, they are really universal and good but once you price it at 100 gold, it becomes difficult to weight the benefits, 10 of those things will allow the player to buy the ultimate equipment for 1000 gold. Nobody would want to waste that much gold just to get some high dps for 10 seconds, not to mention that the player also takes 25% more damage. 9/10

Overall:
40/50 - 8/10 (Absolutely amazing! Please update v0.16 I would probably go crazy) *Gets drunk*