• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #7 Discussion

Which theme would you like to see for Techtree Contest 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
we may as well leave it for a while longer, see if anything breaks the tie, a threeway tie will cause some difficulty if not broken ^^

also sorry for my recent inactivity, i have been preparing for finals, but yes it will probably be best if we wait to see if the tie does get broken, and if not, we could initiate a new poll for just the three involved in the tie to let people choose between them :3

Level 9
We can have a round 2 between the top rated, with only one choice allowed per voter (many, myself included voted for two or even all three leaders)

Level 18
When the tie breaks slightly, or when the poll is closed i guess.

Well i think everyone who wanted could've vote until now, and lets close this poll and start another. To speed things up a little

Indeed, another poll should be started with only those three themes. Also most (if not all) of the interested participants have already voted, so starting the poll now will help to start the contest sooner.

Level 9
I agree, new voting on the same thread wont be as effective and decisive.

New voting must also have a deadline and only 1 option from the get-go.

Level 9
A "super unit" is a generic term for one unit that is silly powerful compared to the rest of the army, and the entire army except it is basically there to support said unit and make sure it does it's job properly.

You can see it in games like Age of Mythology expansion (unique titan units that crush war elephants), CnC 4 (you "base" is in fact a massive tank/gunship that can deploy itself to spit out regular units and sets up heavy defenses around it) and in the SC2 mission with the super Thor suit that pretty much smacks everything down easy and you just use other units to clean up after him, repair him and counter the few things he cant personally fight well.

Status
Not open for further replies.