• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tears of Darkness

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A campaign i've started but never finished.
Maybe one day i'll finish it.
The gameplay may look odds the first time.
The best mission is the mission 4 so far.
Also it's a detail but the campaign screen look unrelated to the campaign itself but it's because i never finished it.
Contents

Tears of Darkness (Campaign)

Reviews
11:58, 30th Oct 2008 Septimus: This campaign look promising, it is a shame to reject it. Unfortunately, the campaign is still at alpha status. Set to review status for this moment, if there is no any update after 5 months. I would set this sources...

M

11:58, 30th Oct 2008
Septimus: This campaign look promising, it is a shame to reject it. Unfortunately, the campaign is still at alpha status.

Set to review status for this moment, if there is no any update after 5 months. I would set this sources to rejection.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
STOP FIGHTING

Callahan as of the current is ALLOWED to submit this as the campain rules are still in creation. Also this is a campain and not a map so map rules do not apply to this (unless a map in it is stolen in which the campain will be ignored as part of our anti stealing policy).

Please post constructive comments, like saying what needs to be improved or changed and such since currently you are spamming usless and unconstructive comments discouraging him to work on it which is not the point of this site.

Down rating is a BAD offence and soon (hope fully) will not occure and will be traceable or fixable by moderators so if it happens to your map DO NOT do it to other maps in revenge since that makes you equally as bad.

I recomend everyone stays calm and comments normally on usefull things and leaves the legality determination to moderators, since that is what we do, we moderate.

Level 3
ok sorry i didn't really have much time to test it out but i think i played enough to give some decent feedback.

first of all, i really love the concept of strategy here. it's really something i haven't seen before: brief>strategy>action. of course i'm not a hardcore map critic so i'm saying this as a common player.

what you have is a very good concept and the very 1st map that really got me hooked bcoz of the story. It's still pretty rough on some edges but the idea is great, how the story unfolds is really cool and brings out a lot from the heroes right off the start. I also like how the heroes have these lights to quickly tell them apart from the crowd. plus, i really think default hero abilities would've been enough yet you even gave the heroes some triggered spells which is pretty cool. anyway here are some of the rough edges that you might want to improve:

- Cinematic - it is tedious when you play it the 2nd time around. the cinematic should cancel all together at pressing ESC.
- Typos - a lot of typos about. most notably you don't have spaces after periods on your cinematic dialogues.
- Terrain - the good thing about the terrain is that its functional. but it does need a bit of improving since it's rather, well, simple. yet i don't think this should be priority for now.

that's all i guess. i'm kinda sad to know you're not planning to finish this. at least make another campaign like such if it's not too much too ask. good job, here's an 8 for you...

Level 3
so people can rate it and give feedback to the creator, so he/she knows that they are not just wasting time making a crappy campaign....

p.s i thought this was a very good campaign, i rate it when you finish it...watching the Cinematics over and over, can be a bit annoying, i dont mind the grammer mistakes...i cant wait 'till this is finished it was very fun to play...

Level 4
I'm not goicg to chak it if you didn't finished :)
but why the hell are you upload it unfinished?
dude, finish it