1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Team Discussion

Discussion in 'WC3:WoW Private Discussion' started by Craka_J, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its a thing from the movement system. It propaly relies on unit index's instead of string animations. Saitek wants to polish that part up later I heard

-Av3n

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Jombo1 reported a bug that the walking system lags. He said the character stops every 0.001 seconds or something like that. This is an issue we need to look over.
    ~Craka_J

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've gotten us hosted at another forum which is filled with good experienced people. The attention we get over there will really be worth our while and probably a good place to recruit as well.

The forum is here:
    http://www.gamerisle.com/index.php?board=47.0

I just want to discuss this new hosting with the team (You guys) to ensure you all don't have any problems with getting comfortable with this new move. We will remain hosted here as well, but I think that the more places we get hosted at, the greater advantages we will get.

So... any objections?
    ~Craka_J

4. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not really... but make sure i have access to private forum.

Username: Av3n

-Av3n

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will get everything straightened out by the end of Friday probably. I can't get on MSN except on the weekends so that's the only reason I'll be delayed.

~Craka_J

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We've been hosted at "www.Gamerisle.com" thanks to the recognition of its founder, Panther-Anthro. The link to the area which we are hosted at is here.

I advise you all to register there and try to be as active as possible there to keep attention at that forum of our area. Thanks for the cooperation in advance!

Also, our team area is here. You'll have to register and PM "Panther-Anthro" for access to it though as a Wc3:WoW Team member first.
    ~Craka_J

7. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  8. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To those of you who are concerned about the inactivity on the team page of Wc3:WoW, we are not dead. Activity around http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow/ has risen quite a bit and the communications between the team seem a bit split up, but its something we can fix easily. Please keep yourselves up to date at http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow and in the team area as well. I frequently update the change-log, known bugs, beta testers list, and The Plan thread which is in this forum. Please keep your eyes on them.

~Craka_J

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My Update

I haven't been doing anything internally to the project because I am too busy with other important things and Av3n is working on it. However, I have been doing some side jobs to make sure I am not completely idle.

Ice is now working on some more mail-box models. He's currently working on the Undead mailboxes. Ice is also making a female player model with a bunch of animations, attachment points, and a bunch of hair-style models to attach to the model in game. This means that we should be soon revamping the way characters are created and allow players to customize their character's appearance.

HappyTauren is making Stormwind City tiles, an Equipment System, and an Inventory system. I think he mentioned he's going to also work on another system as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Skrab hasn't really told me much. I think he's back to working on buildings and doodads for Stormwind City and Elwyn Forest.

Darkwulfv is ready for the campaign. Someone please send it to him. He will be working on the Druid spells and some other systems as well.

WILLTHEALMIGHTY still has not gotten ANY spell effects requests from any of our spell creators for over 2 months! Spell creators, please ask for spell effects which are needed... thank you!

Saitek009 hasn't contacted me in any way or posted anything on any of our forums. Thus, I have no clue what he is doing right now. Probably waiting for the project though. He needed a vacation from this project anyway, he's done a lot of work. Saitek, if you've read this, please post what you've been doing and when you're ready to start working again!

HaZE, a fan of Wc3:WoW whose decided to create a new website and maybe a forum as well for Wc3:WoW, is almost done with making the website.

As for me, I've been thinking about what we should add into Wc3:WoW and what not to add. I'll be updating "The Plan" thread in a few minutes. Please provide opinions about what should be added and what not. Thanks!

~Craka_J

11. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I thought JetFangInferno was in the project... Ok I'll send the same PM again to WILL then

-Av3n

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same for Jet as well. He has had NO requests sent to him since he has joined. Lets give him some work as well, shall we?

~Craka_J

13. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks man. I'll try to provide a report on what's bad and good when I can. If I feel that it is good enough, I'll probably launch it to the testers since they've been waiting for it.

~Craka_J

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ~Void~ wants to become a terrainer for Wc3:WoW. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea to let him aboard or should he practice some more first?

~Craka_J

16. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let him terrain the night elven areas... give him the ne maps let him finish them, then judge from there

-Av3n

17. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All right. I'll do this probably over the weekend since I am grounded for an unknown reason during weekdays.

~Craka_J

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lets all try to be more active over here and at our official forums. Also, ~Void~ now has access to this private section according to Bob27 since ~Void~ is officially our new Terrainer.

~Craka_J

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The new Grunt model for Wc3:WoW. Will replace our current Grunt model.

Model was created by Ham Ham upon request. He will most likely end up joining the team.

~Craka_J

Attached Files:

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I BETA tested the latest version of Wc3:WoW yesterday for four hours yesterday and I took notes as I played, listing all the bugs and changes that should be fixed. I'll post the list when I get home.

Before I send BoneBreaker the campaign, I'm going to work on it a little bit myself and fix a couple bugs and make some changes first.

~Craka_J