• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Color Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, I have a texture with some white areas, I want the white to appear as Team Color. That’s fine, my model is set up for team colors, however, how can I take the white and make it alpha? I could lower the white section's visibility to say 35%, however than the team color is tinted white, coming out more pink than red.

Is there a modifier in Photoshop, or a better way to get a good solid team color on these areas without simply erasing all white sections (the white sections have details on them I would like to preserve)

I have never managed to make proper alphaing/team color with Photoshop.. so I'm interested in some answer here.. :p

But I use theGIMP, wich u can dl from this page, at tools. A very simple painting program that can alpha out for u.
1. Make sure you have an transparent/alpha layer.
2. Use the eraser, if it is an option use erase to background. It should apear with squares of normally grey and white.
3. If it still apears pink, you have set forgot to set the eraser to 100% opacity. Although.. this works fine as teamcolor shading. :wink:

Level 2
You can shade on the alpha channel with grays. I think you can select your areas to want team color and copy then change to the alpha channel with the area still selected and paste. That will change it to grey scale so you will have a nice shaded team color there. If that doesnt work then I guess I dont know what im talking about I think thats how its done from looking at the alpha channels of other skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.