1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Team and recruitement (open)

Discussion in 'The Fall of the Gnomeregan' started by Norinrad, Aug 21, 2005.

1. sorlorg

sorlorg

Resources:
    Resources:
    EAeehh ddoeehh

thanks for explaining what JASS is Leopard.

you said something about GUI, but what is this GUI then?????(man i sound like a retard)

Norinrad: thanks for lettinĀ“ me join

2. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    GUI = Guided User Interface

3. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hmmm, i think GUI (Graphical User Interface), but in this case, it means the trigger it self.

Like I said before JASS is actually script language that all behind the map system. But in order to give modder an easy costumizeable system, blizzard make the interface so that you can easily costumize it, that's what you call as trigger.

If you want spawn an unit all you can do is just make trigger "Create 1 Footman for player 1 on region x facing 30.00", easy, eh? instead of write the code in JASS, "call CreateUnitAtLoc(bla,bla,bal,......".

But, using too much GUI trigger will cause much memory leaks on your map, your map become more slower and slower in game. That's why JASS is better, but with hard coding effort too.

4. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So here we have, the last terrainer, the last triggerer (sound like a movie :p ). Welcome Rui (terrain) and AzUrE (triggers) in our team.

5. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i'm as skinner too. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard Rui and Azure.

6. North Star

North Star

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Welcome

Welcome to Gnomeregan Rui and Azure ^^. Please don't pet the Troggs lol.

-Star

7. AzUrE

AzUrE

Resources:
    Resources:
    *pets a Trogg* OW!! :( it bit me :shock: :p

8. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks.

Lol.

The Last members of our team you said? But I don't think everyone has msn. Ya know my best way of talking is on msn ya know :mrgreen: . I'm happy everyone has e-mail anyway. If you allow me, I will make the custom units/spells and the rest of that stuff.

-Rui

9. Zergleb

Zergleb

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last Members Eh?

Well I was going to wait for an update,but I didn't see any info at all on the triggering part of the project, and since the last post on new team members was in AUG I'll take a guess that some people left or went inactive(It's a project, it has to be true). So I'm just posting to see if you need any more JASS talent on your team.

If there's a question if I'm talented enough, just give me an assignment and I'll finish it and then you can see. But this sounds like a fun project to be on and I've wanted to work on something that is a little more of a Complete Mod.

Thanks

10. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    give me something to skin.

11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, I know you got enough terrainers for now but anyways if you come in need of a extra hand to maybe touch up a terrain or something (making it more detailed maybe) dont hesitate to PM me since this is a cool project that I would like to see done :)

12. Norinrad

Norinrad

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks :) I think that we will need your help for we are in need of terrain now :?

Anyway, I'll PM you.

13. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Got your PM and replyed, I will try to finnish the map within the next 2 weeks or so when I have gotten all the info needed, cant say anything about the outcome though, because I never terrained Underground before and find it kinda dificult tileset :p

14. Illidan'sFate

Illidan'sFate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well...i suppose i could do things like, story line, (idk wtf?) do research, and perhaps terrain

15. B1aD3

B1aD3

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can help

hey i can help with unit editing, testing, some terrain and history, i have played WoW and been threw gnomeregan multiple times and could help make things more realist to blizzards ideas. just pm me or contact me at, night hunter614 on AIM

16. B1aD3

B1aD3

Resources:
    Resources:
    also if i can get my photoshop working i can try to pick up skinning and icon editing too