1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tauer's Models 2.0

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Tauer, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tauer, you are not disappointing anyone! It's completely understandable to have a life outside of Warcraft 3 modding - in fact, I would say it's recommended. ;)

Focus on what you need to do, we'll be here expecting your return whenever you find the time. I'm certain I am not alone when I say that we all support you in your endeavours, whatever they may be. Keep on being awesome, dude.

2. Proudzilla

Proudzilla

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't worry man take all the time in the world you need, you can't rush geniality, it's thousands times better to work inspired.

3. SMBComix

SMBComix

Resources:
    Resources:
    No worries, Tauer, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was eager to see the result of that Alleria. Vee shall wait tho' :p

5. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Son of a motherless ogre!

Hive apparently forgot I was watching this thread (and your whole profile for that matter) and didn't tell me you poked your head out of woodworks again! Glad to see you're still doing alright! And yeah, don't sweat it man. It would only be disappointing if you said you were never coming back, and even then if that happened (spirits forbid), most of us would understand. :3

6. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd really like to see him do Zuluhead the Whacked
    A Legendary but always forgotten Orc

gave the Horde it's most powerful weapon in the entire war DRAGONS

But I do agree Khadgar probably should be next. It's time. Throw a youth model in there too. I'm sure OutsiderXE could make WONDERFUL use of it for his next
    The Last Guardian update

And Rondstat will surely use it for his nearly complete 2nd War campaign
    Legacy of the Master

which turns out most of the major heroes of the Horde and Alliance present in it you made glorious models that are getting used.

7. Ian The Red

Ian The Red

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was wondering if you were slowly working towards remaking all the Warcraft 2 heroes? It seems you are already well on the way if that is the case :p

Some interesting ones could be Kurdran and Kargath. I know you aren't a fan of the WoD redesigns for the warchiefs (I'm not a big fan of most of them either except for kargath) so it would be interesting to see what your version would look like.

An old-school young Uther could be cool as well, like the one from the WoW tcg:[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  8. Ian The Red

Ian The Red

Resources:
    Resources:
    And I've got to recommend my favorite Warcraft character Teron Gorefiend!:[​IMG]

9. OnyxTheDark

OnyxTheDark

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are already nice models of those heroes
    No need of multiple models for the same thiing
    Especially when the one already there are really good
    Go check Tauer, and Uji already has a model of Teron, go check Death Knights

10. Ian The Red

Ian The Red

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the Ujimasa model for Teron! I just think it would be neat to have all of the WCII team in the same visual style. After all, Ujimasa also made an Alleria and Guldan model, but that isn't stopping Tauer from making his own versions of those characters. Tauer has also updated his old models before (like Orgrim and Cho'Gall), so it doesn't rule out the idea that he may be interested in remaking more of his old models.

11. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I've talked with Tauer about future plans and I think you'll eventually be quite pleased, haha. You just might have to wait awhile to get some of those specifics.

12. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the meantime you could stop spamming the thread.

13. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Tauer can we expect the models you've started and showed WIPs for in this thread to be finished eventually or did the announcement for Reforged affect your plans in any way?

14. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hey there! You can definitely expect them to be finished. I have in fact finished the modeling phase for all of my currently planned models, as well as the texturing for most of them. As for what they are, I'd like to keep that a surprise :)
    I don't plan on Reforged affecting my future models in any way. I don't believe that traditional custom resources will ever be redundant, given our ability to switch between the art styles in Reforged. I think a lot of people will still be playing with the old one, especially for custom maps and campaigns.

I can't really tell you when the models will be finished though, as I'm really busy right now. But they are coming ;)

15. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's all I needed to know. Awesome to hear!

16. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    . . . Tauer is coming

17. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow, now I'm even more curious to see what is it that you work on. Imagine one day Tauer starts uploading more than four models at once. :grin:

18. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does this mean we won't be seeing revamped versions of your models for Reforged? :(

19. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think it more means that he won't stop making models in this style. He might still do Reforged style models as like a side thing, haha. Then again, the style of Reforged is going to be a lot different from OG Warcraft 3 style, so it might be awhile before we see anyone trying to do models like that.

20. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tauer, oh Tauer... Where for art thou @Tauer?