• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tank Wars v2.2

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Venger07 PreSents

full

full

200580-albums8050-picture95873.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95871.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95874.jpg

Map Info:

Is based on the online game "World of Tanks" where each players can control a single tank in battle.

3342417.png
The main goal of the game is to destroy your oponent's main base but doing it is not that easy because both bases are guarded by turrets and missile launchers.

200580-albums8050-picture95884.jpg

Controls
The tank has two separate controls and it is the tank movement and crosshair movement controls that can be operated by using the ARROW KEYS.

Pressing "F2" while in control mode enables you to control either Tank or Crosshair movements.

Tank movements is affected by fuel which helps your tank to move around from one place to another.

Crosshair movement is affected by the range limits.
[Note:] If between the position of your tank and the crosshair exceeds 3000 range, the camera zooms out and changes the angle.

200580-albums8050-picture95881.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95892.jpg

[ESC] > Enables the player to zoom in and out.

[Q] - Select > Enables the player to select your soldier which can learn abilities such as Tank Strength, Tank Capacity, and Tank Armor.

[W] - Camera > Enables the player to zoom in or zoom out and also reduces the crosshair's sensitivity.

[E] - Control Switch > Enables the player to control either tank or crosshair movements.

[R] - Radar > Helps the player to detect enemies within range.

[A] - Crosser > Allows the player to change the type of crosser they want.

- Status Check > Indicates the Damage, Accuracy, Range, Speed, Fuel, and Radar - Radius.

[D] - Upgrade > Shows the upgrade buttons.

[F] - Shoot > Fires a single missile to the position of the crosser.

[Z] - Pick up Item > Picks up the closest item.

[X] - Angle Settings > Enables the player to adjust the parabola height or the angle of the missile.

200580-albums8050-picture95885.jpg

Each player can upgrade their tank to increase their efficiency while in combat. Pressing "D" will show the Upgrade Buttons.

200580-albums8050-picture95882.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95883.jpg

Accuracy - Increases the shooting speed of your tank. Can be upgrade upto level 10.

Damage - Increases the fire power of your tank.
[Note:] Every time your tank increases level, your damage also increases with small amount.

Range - Increases the maximum range of crosser.
[Note:] Shooting in a higher place affects the angle of attack which means the higher position, the further the missile land.

Speed - Increases the movement speed of your tank.
[Note:] The fuel consumes faster when speed is increased.

Radar Radius - Increases the radius of the radar.

Radar Cooldown - Decreases the cooldown of the radar.

Machinegun Turret - Is an auto-matic machinegun that shoots whenever an enemy is near and great for destroying tanks and killing soldiers but poor in range.

Rocket Launchers - A long range defensive machine which launches missiles rapidly that is good for destroying a group of enemies.
200580-albums8050-picture95887.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95886.jpg

Image Description:
200580-albums8050-picture95889.jpg

Image Description:
200580-albums8050-picture95890.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95888.jpg

200580-albums8050-picture95891.jpg

Models and Textures/Icons
Fingolfin
The_Silent
I_H8_U_M8
Deolrin
Illidan(Evil)X
General Frank
Mechanical Man
Vinz
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Ribenamania
Uncle Fester
Kofi_Banan
Syczewski
Systemfre1
NatDis
qassamzed
Shardeth
Kitabatake
Tarrasque
Mechanical Man
tobyfat50
dab
eubz
Systemfre1
eubz
Bon_Jovi
SataX
HammerFist132
Renderer17
Felz_09
VampireHeart

-Added new UI
-Increased the damage for Sniper Turrets/Tower and increased projectile speed
-New Tannk upgrade system
-Fixed bug when selecting tank for t-90 and MLRS
-Change the description when selecting tanks showing basic statistics
-Improved the crosser to easily identify its location
-Increased Gold per seconds by 1
-2 New Tanks (Tiger Tank & T-34)
-2 New Items (Titanium Platings & Nano Repair Bots)
-Turrets now have their own slots so it will not occupy to your inventory space. You must left click the Turret Item in order to equip it to your tank.
-You can unequip turrets by left clicking the item from your Control Inventory.
-Fixed bug Rain of Rockets

-Mode selection will now depend on the next player that is controlled by a user. For example if there is no player 1, the mode selection will be given to the next available player.
-fixed Airstrike bug
-fixed respawn of tanks
-remove timer windows
-added a small visibility area for both bases
-respawn time will now be 4+ your tank soldier level

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Modern, Warfare, Wars, Tank, Soldier, Army, Military
Contents

Tank Wars v2.2 (Map)

Reviews
11:18, 15th Mar 2014 Orcnet: The gameplay is brilliant, with so much hard coded triggers and along the work load given to be a similar replica of the online game, controls are user friendly and very much recommended with friends or co op online.

M

11:18, 15th Mar 2014
Orcnet: The gameplay is brilliant, with so much hard coded triggers and along the work load given to be a similar replica of the online game, controls are user friendly and very much recommended with friends or co op online.

Level 13
uh, well, not the scanner, about the pointer. it lost from the tank or something :/
well, its very hard to play this game >.< but not if i play it many times. :) the rest is good, well done! 4/5 :D

It's when the crosser get's far within 3000 range... I did it so you can still see where you are aiming at...

And yeah... it's difficult for the first timer cause there's so many things to do :) but this makes the game not so boring ....

Nice!! I love how the trees break when you run over them, and how the aiming system works (i know lots of people will find it complicated, but this is the best method for wc3). The terrain is also beautiful.

A few points of criticism though:

*I dislike how there is just one lane. Or i mean, the lane is really the only point of interest of the map. Why not make some hidden glades, where you need to bulldoze your way through trees to get to? Or some smaller paths that you could use to sneak past defences? Just something to add more playable zones of the map.

*The collision is causing the tank to jitter. I suggest you use this method:
Add X and Y velocities separately to the tank. If the terrain is impathable at (x+xvel, y), then don't add xvel. if it is impathable at (x, y+yvel), then don't add yvel. You should also incorporate collision with other tanks. Just compare the distance between the two tanks with the sum of their radii, and move them along the vector of collision using half the difference each.

*I want more feedback as to when my shells hit enemy tanks. Some kind of sound perhaps? A different visual effect? Right now it feels like i'm shooting through holograms.

Otherwise, this map seems really promising!

Level 13
Nice!! I love how the trees break when you run over them, and how the aiming system works (i know lots of people will find it complicated, but this is the best method for wc3). The terrain is also beautiful.

A few points of criticism though:

*I dislike how there is just one lane. Or i mean, the lane is really the only point of interest of the map. Why not make some hidden glades, where you need to bulldoze your way through trees to get to? Or some smaller paths that you could use to sneak past defences? Just something to add more playable zones of the map.

*The collision is causing the tank to jitter. I suggest you use this method:
Add X and Y velocities separately to the tank. If the terrain is impathable at (x+xvel, y), then don't add xvel. if it is impathable at (x, y+yvel), then don't add yvel. You should also incorporate collision with other tanks. Just compare the distance between the two tanks with the sum of their radii, and move them along the vector of collision using half the difference each.

*I want more feedback as to when my shells hit enemy tanks. Some kind of sound perhaps? A different visual effect? Right now it feels like i'm shooting through holograms.

Otherwise, this map seems really promising!

Thanks!! I really need this..
• you can really go through trees so, I think the lane is just for formal.. players can go anywhere they want... second, hmm...there are shallow rivers at the left and right side of the map... there are hidden turrets though...
• I read the x and y thing.... and suddenly my brain bleeds... haha ... What I did is.. there are 5 units for each player..
1st - Hero - determines the HP and MP for your tank (foot)
2nd - Tank Head - where it faces the crosser and separated from the Tank Body facing but follows the Tank Body when it moves...also attack animation when firing.. (flying unit)
3rd - Tank Body - determines where the position of your tank (flying unit)
4th - Crosser - determines where you are aiming at (flying unit)
5th - Control - where you can control your tank ex fire, radar, pickup item etc.. making your mouse useless in the game except when selecting upgrade buttons..(placed somewhere in map where players can't go)
my movement triggers are so complicated... because of the crosser and tank movements..well If it is explained well.. I can study it to make my map jitterless.. :D

• like camera shake when you fire or received damage?? I want to put those but I'm lacking knowledge about camera shaking.. yeah I'm gonna search for sounds that you want.. xD

Feedback on hit would be nice (this is actually really simple in wc3, even with GUI), but what i was refering to was a way to know if you hit the enemy tank or not. Right now, you just get a ground explosion underneath the tank... I don't know how you deal with your missiles, but if they are units, and you do your collision checks manually, you could try to remove the projectile when it hits a tank and replace it with some kind of effect (preferably with sound) at the same height as where the missile hit. This way, you would know that you actually hit something.

Another thing you should know is that "crosser" is actually spelled "crosshair" (google if you don't believe me) because of how it resembles two thin strands of hairs. Just a typo that has been bugging me.

About the collision:

Are you familiar with vectors? In wc3, there is already a kind of 2d vector type - the "location". It is basically a container that holds an x and an y value. Mostly in games you work with 3d vectors, which is represented by (x,y,z). It can be used as anything that has 3 values really, but is mostly used to represent a point, motion, or direction in 3d space.

In a game like this, it would make sense to have two vectors, one for position, and one for velocity. To the velocity vector, you would add the tanks thrust. As you might know, you could add the thrust at every game loop in this way:

velx = velx + thrust * Cos(angle*bj_DEGTORAD)
vely = vely + thrust * Sin(angle*bj_DEGTORAD)

This will make your tank accelerate (given that the UP key is pressed). But it would make it accelerate infinitely!! Therefore, you might want to add a force of friction to the velocity, and this you can do by scaling it down by a few percent every frame:

velx = velx * 0.95
vely = vely * 0.95

There, now our tank will have a natural limit to its speed, and more importantly, it will grind to a halt without the thrusting force.

Finally, we want to add our velocity to the position:

posx = posx + velx
posy = posy + vely

But THIS is where we can do our collision check! One popular way of checking if a point is pathable, is to move an item to the point, and then check immediately afterwards to see if its location is equal to the point where we set it. If it is not, it means that something is in the way (a unit, or a cliff edge for instance). You could also just check the pathing for that particular spot using the pathing map (there is a function for this somewhere). In any case, you only integrate velocity if the target spot is pathable:

JASS:
if isPointPahable(posx+velx, posy) then
    set posx = posx+velx
endif

if isPointPathable(posx, posy+vely) then
    set posy = posy+vely
endif

This is in JASS, but i am sure you will be able to understand it. You don't have to use that function, what i am trying to say is that you only add the velocity to each axis, if it doesn't cause the tank to collide with something. This way, if you run into a wall on your x axis, the tank will still slide along it using whatever y velocity you have.

This can also be used for projectiles!! you first create the projectile using a muzzle velocity in the direction of the pitch and roll of your tank barrel:

xvel = Cos(barrel_pitch*bj_DEGTORAD)*Cos(barrel_yaw*bj_DEGTORAD)
yvel = Cos(barrel_pitch*bj_DEGTORAD)*Sin(barrel_yaw*bj_DEGTORAD)
zvel = Sin(barrel_pitch*bj_DEGTORAD)

So, now we have your starting velocity! The starting position you propably already know how to get, just use a polar coordinate from the turrets position using the turret direction and the barrel length.

Now, at each loop, you first want to make the projectile affected by gravity. We simply do this by substracting gravity from the z velocity:

zvel = zvel - (9.1*INTERVAL)

(you can use any number, but this is the real acceleration by gravity in m/s)
In this case, INTERVAL is your looping rate - if you uptade the coordinates every 0.03 seconds, then you should ofcourse also multiply your speeds with 0.03 aswell! Otherwise they will be too large.

Second, you might want to add air drag to the equation. To do so, just scale all axes by 0.98:

xvel = xvel*0.98
yvel = yvel*0.98
zvel = zvel*0.98

There you go! All the while, you may want to compare the z position with the terrain height! To get the terrain height, just use a dummy location, move it to the point (posx, posy), and use the jass function GetLocationZ(loc) to get the height.

There is propably a lot more to explain, but i reckon you already know some since you made this map. Ask me if you need to know anything more.

Level 13
^
•My missiles are units.. I'm using Paladon's jump system for it xD
•hmm vectors.. are u preferring when the tank starts to move it will start to 0 then increases up to it's max speed whenever you hold UP key then decreases movement when you release UP key? if that is that then.. I guess I can merge my movement system from my car racing map.
•My brain still doesn't want to learn jass i dunno why.. I'm just a GUI user.. I'm still not familiar with bj's and complicated computation such as sin and cos .. if you want to check out my map I'm gonna send it to ur email ..you explained it very well but I still don't get it sorry for being a slow poke xD

Last edited:
Level 13
well, as I said in the first page "[Note:] If between the position of your tank and the crosshair exceeds 3000 range, the camera zooms out and changes the angle." :) ...in this case... the player is able to see enemies clearly with their accurate positions.. if the crosshair is near on your tank, the camera will go back to normal..

Level 13
First time I tried firing, I was seeing the tank from behind. After I got past the bridge and started firing the camera was shooting from far up, almost perpendicular to the ground and the target.
Thanks for the rating! I might update the map again, I'm looking to add more features like capture zones , air strike, etc. I may also change the tank selection part as it is a bit simple and the controls too.

Level 13
Tank wars 2.0 official update released! :D
New features:
Turret mount system
You can purchase turrets from the WarFactory
You can equip 2 turrets at the same time
-Machinegun Turrets
-Rocket Turrets
-Sniper Turrets
-Flamethrower Turrets
-Tesla Turrets
Superweapons!
-each tank has its special superweapon
M1A2 - can call Nuclear Strike
T90 - can call Ion Beam
MLRS - can call Rain of Rockets
Telsa Tank - can call Gravity Storm

+new Tank (Tesla Tank) - get ready to be electricuted!
Optimized Tank movements - tank head will somehow follow where your tank's body is facing
New mode (Survival) - survive as long as you can!

Last edited:
Level 13
Will upload the latest version 2.1 soon, here are some of the changes made:

-Added new UI
-Increased the damage for Sniper Turrets/Tower and increased projectile speed
-New Tannk upgrade system
-Fixed bug when selecting tank for t-90 and MLRS
-Change the description when selecting tanks showing basic statistics
-Improved the crosser to easily identify its location
-Increased Gold per seconds by 1
-2 New Tanks (Tiger Tank & T-34)
-2 New Items (Titanium Platings & Nano Repair Bots)
-Turrets now have their own slots so it will not occupy to your inventory space. You must left click the Turret Item in order to equip it to your tank.
-You can unequip turrets by left clicking the item from your Control Inventory.
-Fixed bug Rain of Rockets

Level 13
Due to the bugs found after the new release, I immediately updated and fixed the bugs. If you have any suggestions or found a bug, please feel free to message or send me an email thru [email protected]

v2.2 bug fixes and adjustments
-Mode selection will now depend on the next player that is controlled by a user. For example if there is no player 1, the mode selection will be given to the next available player.
-fixed Airstrike bug
-fixed respawn of tanks
-remove timer windows
-added a small visibility area for both bases
-respawn time will now be 4+ your tank soldier level

Level 13
Excellent, except for the commands, very difficult to control and I think there are bugs with controlling.

Thanks for your feedback. I admit that controls can be a little difficult for the first time, but once you get used to it, it is much easier than you think. Please let me know if you found bugs so I can update the map and fix it.

Level 13
HUGE UPDATE IS COMING!!! TANK WARS 2.3

Here are some of the updates that will be included once the new update is released.
-Fixed Tank selection where tank is not visible
-Added zombie survival mode
-decreased enemy spawn time in survival modes
-players can now leave their tank and walk on foot using a Marine Soldier and can be used to loot items on ground or fight enemies
-to leave the Tank simply type "-exit" and when you need to go back you need to be near your tank and type "-enter"
-Fixed crosshair should no longer show any health bars
-Fixed respawn camera lock bug
-all turrets now needs to reload after mana is consumed
-added weather and fog system
-added a new vehicle (Military Jeep) you can ride it and can also carry 1 turret
-MG and Sniper Turrets (Buildable) can be upgraded up to lvl 3
-Rocket Turret mounted to tanks can shoot multiple missile at once
-Players can now enter any Tanks in-game as long as it is not owned by any players
-owned equipped turrets will automatically transfer to the tank that you are currently using