1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Blake8, Feb 20, 2017.

?

Do you agree with my opinion?

1. Yeh

2. neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good ideas guys, originally the "tank" unit was meant to be able to pass through briar (thorn) forests. But that idea was scrapped due to bad mechanics, then we tried other things that didn't give the desired results, these new ideas (both tank and ship) however are more practical since we can easily implement them without having to create some sort of complex systems to make them work

2. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I send you guys an e-mail regarding the various concept, I think you'll really like them

3. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good concept but we need to develop mechanics for some of them

4. Razorfang

Razorfang

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Colonel Aster just send me a pm or e-mail I'll tell explain how we can make it work

5. Razorfang

Razorfang

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can use this ElvenMagicGenerator as the mana harvester rather than a moon well, it looks very appropriate

6. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Blake I think it will would be a good idea to start one of those wikias for your campaign

7. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    I find him to be a very fascinating character
    [​IMG]

8. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Yeah, he's definitely interesting

Eliver the Diviner from my campaign was sort of based on Yuri, if you ever wanna check it out just click the picture in my signature

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Communism incarnate.

10. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Blake8 Didn't you tell me that Dioneve character was based on some girl from chat? Or was it someone you knew irl?

11. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    @Siler Dioneve was loosely based on someone I knew irl, this girl who had a holier than thou complex, thought she was smarter than everyone else and pretty much couldn't get along with anyone, I was assigned to be partners with her in one of my classes, she was such a damn pain to be around. This girl got ostracized by like every social group, and got kicked outta clans in wow, her reasoning for it was basically that people are assholes...its fucking impossible to be around someone who thinks they're smarter than you, doesn't know what the hell their doing and yet wants everything done just the way they want it without compromising at all...ye there's a reason why people that like have few or no friends you just gotta stay the hell away from these fuckers...

12. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see, people like that tend to piss me off, but the people that you really gotta stay the hell away from are the snakes, those are the ones who really fuck shit up, but I agree people with attitudes like that(the girl you described) are a huge pain to be around, sometimes too much of a pain to tolerate, is that why you loosely based your villain off of her?

13. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Again the character was loosely based on her, but she just makes for a good villain, think about; someone who has an "I'm better than you" complex ("I'm smarter than you" complex in her case) and this very attitude causes her to get severely ostracized and yet she completely doesn't see that her attitude towards others is the cause of others hating her and instead plays the victim and demonizes these people for their actions...and it's basically a cycle...now this could make for a rather nice villain, don't you think?

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One that will end very badly and surely.

Kidding, look at how Stalin's reign ended.

15. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    You guys seemed to have taken over my thread about Yuri and completely changed the directions, but I don't really mind,

anyway

@Blake8 : How would you imagine the final battle against this arch-Villain(ess) to go down ?

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

17. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fair question, so Blake enlighten us

18. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    She wasn't supposed to be a major villain (at least not compared to Eliver or others who are opposed the player) so it wasn't gonna be a 200 food mega epic battle or anything like that, but basically the battle would consist of her raising hordes of soldiers against the player

19. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should really append all these things about her being bitterly vile and humanity hating to her character description in your campaign thread, it would add a lot to your campaign

20. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with Siler, also if you call her "Dioneve the Vile" it would give her persona much more character than simply "Lady Dioneve"