1. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Lord Aiden, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    What was interesting is he had no major roles, dialogue or anything untill I gave him that bio

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because of you he's now a major antagonist in Dioneve's army

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks to me :)

4. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Although you did write the bio, the theme of the "cold crusader" was always on our minds, you just put into words what Blake has been talking about for awhile, Ghrenis was always supposed to be this crusader who went to the northlands, saw half his fellow crusaders meet their end either on the cold and perilous journey on in ambushes on the way and then eventually came to lose his mind such that instead of proclaiming himself to be the king of a defeated city or something similar which anyone else in his position would likely do he simply slaughtered every living inhabitant of the city.

Anyway this hero is meant as a major tank and he also buffs the hell outta any friendly melee unit in his proximity, should make some missions very challenging

5. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea, I was thinking the same thing, beating this guy alone would not be a breeze, beating this guy in a group, well that would be a damn challenge

6. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blake had informed me that he would have the amulet of spell immunity in his possession at all times....so it gets harder...

7. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    It does, but what it ultimately amounts to is using aerial and ranged units to attack him, I think with enough siege weapons attacking him from afar he would be done rather quickly

8. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree, that could work, but he can also attack flying unit, after all he comes with an orb of darkness or something similar

9. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I've already discussed this with a few people, that's why I gave the hero the abiltiies he has, those abilities seem to make him very able to both boost others around him as well as fight effectively on his own, I mean I could make him even stronger but that would be too much, especially because you have to go against him several times, and in these chapters he and his troops are really all that stand between you and victory

11. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I see...well done then

12. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Lord Aiden
    you trying to purposely piss me off or are you actually trying to get feedback? cause Im getting sick of all these shots randomly thrown at me because of something I've done in the past that should be forgotten by now

13. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry if you feel we're taking jabs at you, but I was sincerly looking for feedback this time, I even had convos with other team members about this. Razor was suggesting he comes with immolition or some sort of shield ability to prevent him from getting melee rushed, and Rem suggested giving him an ability that would deal 300 damage to all melee attackers around him to deter that strategy, mostly people were concerned with him being the target of multiple melee units or flying units

14. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just to be creative you could give him an ability that checks if he has 4 or more hostile melee units surrounding him and then if so allows him to do 2x or 3x his base damage to them

15. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good idea, I think that would be very appropriate actually :)

16. Razorfang

Razorfang

Resources:
    Resources:
    this guy will be like nemesis from resident evil, he will basically dog you for several missions. each time u beat him dioneve will appear and revive him and from what blake tells me hell be tough as nails, especially if youre not playing on easy

17. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thought he was only meant to appear in like 2 chapters, but hey that's really interesting...you wanna develop the concept further I mean thats whatt he thread is for (and Blake said hes all for it)

18. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea he's like the nemesis in certain missions (btw people, we still need a good model, that abyss knight model sucks, so plz search for a better model)

This guy is Dioneve's Khight if that's what you wanna call it, and there's also more backstory which will be revealed in the missions, also if Blake frees up early expect the test missions to be a real challenge, we're not going easy this time

19. Razorfang

Razorfang

Resources:
    Resources:
    gonna be a pain again?

20. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't say I didn't warn you