• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Post Ragnarok Midgard, need ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Don't mid the cheesy title, the project I'm making has a bit of promise (at least I think). It's a map which uses a turn based rpg system which could be kinda seen in FF, Suikoden or persona or a bit of all of them put together. Some different features so far are as follows:
-In the world map, you control a representation of the party which is the party leader who has a skill where he swipes his sword in front of him. If he hits an enemy unit first, his party gets the first turns and vice-versa.
-During battle there are two rows of six columns for characters; three at the front and three at the back. There are three different attack ranges depending on the character; short range which can only attack from the front row to the front row, mid range which can attack from either row but to the front row only and long range which can attack to and from any row. If all the units from the front row are cleared, the back row becomes the front row and S-M ranges can attack them.
-This ones interesting. If a character lands a critical hit or hits the enemy with it's weakness, the attacking character gets to move again and the target is knocked down and will skip it's next turn. This can be kept up as long as that character can hit all enemies with their weaknesses or critical hits. If the entire enemy party is knocked down, the party pulls together and performs an a "gang rape" on the fallen enemies, putting together their attack powers and dealing damage to all enemies. This also applies to the players party, though.

Well, that's it, for now. I would appreciate any form of help or criticism for my project and a beta would be out probably by September.

Status
Not open for further replies.