1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Taking the Galaxy Editor very seriously

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by OverSky, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viikuna

Viikuna

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont really know, but the old legend tells that he got angry and left because some moderator didnt handle his UnitProperties thread well enough.

But anyways. Why you even need to dig Cassiels past, may I ask? He didnt do that to you.

He only talked about himself alla time, and you cant even blame him, because even you started to talk about him and even quote some old posts he made in some other forums and shit like that.

I mean shit, if everybody talks about you, then its quite natural to start talking about yourself too.

Anyways, Cassiel is a great guy and hes my wc3 modding idol and those guys in tidesofblood.com do the coolest shit I know in wc3 modding currently, so we can of course create a thread about Cassiel, his good and dark sides and everything related to him, which might not be a bad idea so we can go back on topic again.

In other words: dont go personal even if you dont have anything else to say.

edit. So what it takes to make a popular map for sc2? We cant really say yet. I just know that if there was a possibility in wc3 to search games by map name, things would be really different these days.

Since the nature of the game is that after the game has started, new players can no longer join, it means that its really all about how fast you get enough players to join in order to start a game.
    So, you are gonna need a community for your map. You are gonna need website, few clans, clan matches, leagues, rankings, competitive shit and more.

Your map needs to be popular, so things can work smoothly, and when they work smoothly your map will be damn popular.

So, if the shit is still same in sc2, you better learn how to promote your map. Either way, its gonna be interesting to see how custom game system has improved from wc3.

2. Berb

Berb

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I just read the thread and think its stupid how this arguing is going on. Its bad enough that the arguments are aggressive without one person treating the other like a babbling idiot. Neither Cassiel nor Mr.Cheese know each other so I don't see how either of them could be very intelligent in how childish they throw words at each other.

3. DungeonM

DungeonM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. Trolling is not "any" off-topic matter. If you were to make a thread titled "Your Favorite Musician" and I came in and said "Michelangelo is my favorite musician" or maybe "I like Pink Floyd because they wrote stairway to heaven~~KEKE!", I'd still be on topic but there is obviously something wrong with what I said with intent to cause controversy.
    (Just for context, Michelangelo, as far as I know was an artist and did not produce music. Additionally, Led Zeppelin wrote up Stairway to Heaven.)

In another instance say we're dealing with the same thread but I come in and say "Michelangelo is my favorite artist", that's not trolling. It IS off-topic, but nobody in the thread is (most likely) going to get outraged at what I said, after all Michelangelo was an artist.

The people in this thread are not trolling. They MAY be flaming each other or arguing, but most definitely not trolling.

4. Berb

Berb

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Well, if someone were misinformed then could you still rightfully accuse one of trolling?

5. DungeonM

DungeonM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're limited to what you know about the poster and the environment in which you're posting. You gotta make the call.

6. Berb

Berb

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That doesn't answer my question.

7. DungeonM

DungeonM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, that's the problem. Unless the poster explicitly claims they're trolling, you'll never really know. To quote...

8. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Obama has the fastest and biggest drop in poll numbers ever recorded in modern American politics. Not even members of his own party want to campaign with him since he is now so radioactive. Don't insult Cassiel by comparing him to a very unpopular politician.

Why don't you respond then? Perhaps it is because you cannot.

How funny this thread has changed. When I was off doing other things, before I made the latest reply to Cassiel, you guys were saying things like, "Each day Mr. Cheese doesn't reply makes it even funnier!" and Cassiel was declaring how amazing he is, how his 'big words' were so great.

So days later when I notice people are waiting a response, I gave a response. The result? Friends of Cassiel go:

"OMG, lock this thread immediately!"
    "This is trolling! Stop this thread!"
    "Oh no!"

How utterly delicious.

9. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I totally lost my respect for you.

TheWorldIsFlat actually supported you.
    dontassumethingsthatarenottruekkthxbai

10. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "The Marist Poll found that 46 percent of registered voters approve of the job Obama is doing, up from 44 percent in a survey conducted in early February. Forty-three percent disapprove of his performance compared with 47 percent last month."

more popular than not.

And first of all i am not a friend of cassiel. at all. i jsut think this thread has turned into an emo-flame battle. if its not trolling then its flaming. use whatever words you would like. IT IS WHAT IT IS. and this is an emmotional opinion driven argument that is not about provable facts.... can't we all just agree to disagree?

11. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Marist poll is very much an outlier. Most of the polls show him plunging. Gallup, which polls only 'adults' and not likely voters, even have him upside down. Never before has there been such a dive in approval numbers. It is so bad that Republicans are getting elected where demographically and registrations are so weighted against them that it should be impossible like New Jersey and Massachusetts. Facts are stubborn things.

The point is that it is not nice to compare anyone to a politician, no matter what or who the politician is. Comparing someone to a very unpopular politician is extremely mean. I will defend Cassiel on that.

I never said you were a friend of Cassiel. But his friends from his forum were posting here. Those are who I am referring to.

The only Emo-Flame battle is you trying to damn everyone. Cassiel talked lots of garbage. I called him out on it. And he wilted.

If you try to insult me by saying I am nothing but an "Emo-Flame battle", I will respond back. You can't go around asking someone to 'agree to disagree' after calling them an Emo.

12. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyway, I've had my say here. If someone makes a direct response to me, I will respond. Other than that, I'm bowing out of this thread.

New SC 2 invites were sent out today. I was able to get one. So I'd much rather play SC 2 than talk about Cassiel. If someone responds directly to me and I don't reply immediately, I'm likely too busy getting my butt handed to me by Koreans.

13. lelyanra

lelyanra

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    well that's commited o_O

14. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So, you plan to make a living out of coding for SC2 ? I seriously can't think that playing with Galaxy will ever get you more money than a real job but ...
    Well, if that is your goal, you can start already:
    - learn JASS. Galaxy will be an extended version of JASS.
    - visit this link: http://udmod.com/
    This link is from (an already) map making community. Here you will see the current Galaxy API that is developed and you may get your hands on more stuff.

If you have any questions you can contact me.
    A fair warning though, the life of a coder is not easy. Keep that in mind if that is what you wish.
    Good luck on your decisions.

15. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can only laugh. this thread is so very silly! :D

BTW

emo means emotional. a word i had been using before, yet you never respoded in such a way.

And acually. obamas poll have been increasing. not dropping. sorry if you got your facts wrong.

16. DungeonM

DungeonM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=obama's+approval+rating
    You don't have to look very hard.

Trolling? New to the internet? 13 years old? I can't decide.

17. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He probably thought that it was a shortcut of emotional. >_>'

18. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hate to bring the bad news but ... guys aren't you all going a little too off-topic?
    Just a thought ...

19. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not like the thread starter reacts on this thread anyway.

20. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah i agree. i'm going away from this thread now. these argument are none of my bisiness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.