1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Taking Spell Requests

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Freyleyes, Mar 29, 2009.

1. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i MADE it. So read what i write maybe...

2. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im i just think its not good to abuse someone when you can do it yourself but Xilinger don't have anything against it so i guess its okay now :p

3. Tiche3

Tiche3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, i heard from above posts that Xilinger is kinda sick, wish him luck, health. Okay, the request:

Ice Trap.
    Places a trap on the ground and when a unit steps on it (about 300 AoE) it freezes, dealing damage/second. (After the unit is frozen, destroy teh trap)
    Level 1 - 1.5 Second, 30 Damage per second.
    Level 2 - 2 Seconds, 40 Damage per second.
    Level 3 - 2.5 Seconds, 50 Damage per second.
    Level 4 - 3 Seconds, 60 Damage per second.

The spell should be GUI (i don't think it should be MUI cause it's AoS map so)

Regards,
    Tiche3:grin:

4. Freyleyes

Freyleyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the dely, I was a little sick, but I am fine now. Here is your grenade spell TWIF.

I hope it does what it must.

@Tiche3 : Ill take yours now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  5. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol now i really need help with a spell.
    This is a spell i was able to remake 100% perfectly but its not MUI. Its all GUI.
    Its a spells for DotA (yes dota).

Its called Mystic Snake.

Tooltip is
    A mystic snake made of energy jumps from target to target dealing damage and stealing some energy. After it reaches its last target, it jumps back to Medusa to replenish it with mana. The snake deals more damage and steals more mana per jump. The snake's
    power(Mana Stolen and Damage done) is increased by 20% each jump.

Damage = 20 + 40*Level of ability
    Mana Stolen = 10 + 10*Level of ability

If some1 can convert my code (messy kinda) into an MUI version or recreate this spell please tell me. I would rather not post the test map i made here.

6. Freyleyes

Freyleyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Post your spell here and I will see what I can do.

7. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this is the right map.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  8. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That's Medusa's spell from DotA, right? :p

9. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup, tis.
    If you cant make it MUI with GUI it is even better in Jass.

10. Freyleyes

Freyleyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think its going to be vJass. Ill do it tomorrow, I already have a chain system, its kinda old (pre 1.24) it just needs a little editing.

11. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    I keep forgetting this what's the difference between vJASS and JASS? ^^

12. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tomorrow or "Tomorrow"?
    Lol just joking so i can delete my map off my post?
    Also can you please make sure it moves at the same pace and "wriggling" part of it. Also please make it easy to change the models like i have done.

13. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Name : Ice Water Fusion.

Levels : 10, +50 damage total each level. 5 each level for each spike of ice and 25 each level 4 the biggie.

Description : The user shoots out a huge spike of ice and all that are touched by it freezes(500 aoe?) Each unit that is affected gets hit by five frost novas, each 0.5 seconds apart. 1 second after the frost novas are done, all of the units that are affected are trapped in a huge field of ice(one huge frost nova, bunches of small. your choice) and are stunned for 5 seconds. the caster is frozen for 2 seconds.

Tooltip : The caster freezes nearby units, than hits them with ice, than finally coats them in a huge layer of ice for 5 seconds. The caster is also stunned for 2 seconds.

Requires : I dont mind if u use vjass/zinc, just tell me if u do/ what uve used :)

EyeOfSargeras
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/eyeofsargeras-50471/?prev=search=eye%20of&d=list&r=20

And also, for the first and last spike, use /|\ for the 5 fast spikes, use the normal frost nova.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  14. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The spell is excellent. works perfectly. i would rep you again but i have to spread. hope your better.

I have a request, Its more of a system really, its probably very difficult. TRD told me its doable, but he is too busy. its a 'squad' system for a group of airplanes. what it has to do is make the airplanes rize and fall in hight, and move around. (they are gyrocopters so they can be stationary at times, but they should move up and down.) and when they move to a new location they should randomly move XYZ. maybe the most difficult, is when they attack, they shoulden't be just stationary, but they should just move around and if possible, 'strafe' randomly. and if one or two of the units could have different movment charicteristics, such as when they attack, they instead of strafing, circle the enemy. or remain stationary etc.

So yeah its a really tall order, but this one sysem will be a basis for the entire map. this is not really time sensitive, and if done, you would recive major rep, and credits in the map.

15. kaizar

kaizar

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is it going with my spells request, Aspard?

16. Freyleyes

Freyleyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am working on something like that for the hero contest, its like a self created locust spell. When I am done with it ill send it to you. Please be patient, it is going to take a while to create(first have to create the one I need, then edit it for you)

The planes, are they selectable? Do they just fly around randomly, and when a unit is in range, they attack it?

17. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello Xiliger and Aspard. Xiliger you know the blademaster spell you did for me with the enemy unit going round and round him. Well it works good. So if you cast this spell he will pick nearby enemy units and rotate them round him during the bladestorm but if you later go to andother spot with a bunch of enemy units he dont pick them. Hope you understand. Awesome if you could do this!

Regards Chewii.

18. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its great that your doing somthing like it already. its not a time-sensitive matter. it just needs to be quality, and the longer you take the more ashured that is. thanks!

it depends on what is easier. a centeral 'control' plane or blimp that has spell books for the others or each selectable. i like the idea of selectable but if your doing somthing else go with it.

19. Tiche3

Tiche3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Xiliger, how is it going with my spell request? :)

20. HeX.16

HeX.16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Xiliger so you know if you cant finish that spell 2day its fine.