• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tag Unit As Gold Mine With No Harvestable Gold (For AI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Topic title explains it. Is their a way to tag a unit for an expansion point so I can command the AI to build around it? Without it being a gold mine.

Level 5
Does the AI consider anything else as expansion point? It will most likely need to be a gold mine but you may try some methods that ward off harvesting like constructing a barrier around it, turning the unit locust or just removing the gold mine ability later on.

Well getting the AI to not harvest is easy, I'm just more worried about players collecting gold as "Please just don't collect gold" is kind of unprofessional and cheesy. The command points I have are like that, but the AI doesn't see them as expansion points.

Level 29
add all units that can harvest gold into a unit group. Then check each unit to see if it is issued an order to harvest gold from a gold mine that you dont want the gold to be mined from.

Alternatively. (not sure about this one)
when a mining unit enters the map add the event unit - specific unit is issued an order targeting the gold mines you dont want it to mine from. Then in the trigger that gets those events added stop the triggering unit from mining the gold.

Level 5
So what way did you choose to deter the AI from harvesting?

The AI editor has a section for what you want workers to harvest, and how many workers will harvest it. I am using a custom AI that I made, so things like that are no problem, I just sent 10-15 workers on lumber and none on gold.

I forgot to mention earlier, that another issue is if something is tagged as a gold mine, it shows up on the mini map, and as I have a decent amount of CPs, the map looks entirely like a large amount of yellow circles.

add all units that can harvest gold into a unit group. Then check each unit to see if it is issued an order to harvest gold from a gold mine that you dont want the gold to be mined from.

Alternatively. (not sure about this one)
when a mining unit enters the map add the event unit - specific unit is issued an order targeting the gold mines you dont want it to mine from. Then in the trigger that gets those events added stop the triggering unit from mining the gold.

Probably going to sound dumb, but could you elaborate a little more, I'm a little confused about what you said.

Level 4
Couldn't you just create a gold mine with the locust ability?

Also you can edit the minimap icon by going to Advanced > Game Interface > Icon - Minimap Resource and changing the path: UI\Minimap\minimap-gold.blp to something else in order to remove yellow circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.