• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 35
Oh, I have fruity loops now TDG ^^ And upon remembering that you too use Fruity Loops, I was wondering.

How exactly do I use it? Where do I find VST plugins (for things like classical instruments and choirs) And also...where do I put these plugins when I get them?

And again, excellent music, excellent work.

Level 15
Oh, I have fruity loops now TDG ^^ And upon remembering that you too use Fruity Loops, I was wondering.

How exactly do I use it? Where do I find VST plugins (for things like classical instruments and choirs) And also...where do I put these plugins when I get them?
Awesome! But which version you've got? My FL Studio's version is 8.

Now, using FL for the first time can be very complicated, but not if you first check the Help's manuals and learn the basic functions, and the advanced functions. I, myself, had to go through all the manuals to learn everything about FL. You can also load the Tutorial projects created by the FL's crew to learn how to do this and that, tweak the knobs, create sliced beats, creating vocoder effects, etc..

Now, where to put the VSTs? Anywhere! But first, go to the Options, then File Settings, then you should see VST Plugins Extra Search Folder. Click on that folder, then choose which folder you have stored your VSTs. This will make FL search for any VSTs in the folder you've specified.

But don't mix all the plugins into the VST folder or there'll be problems, so put each plugin and its stuff into a separate folder inside your VST folder. Ex:. "C:\VST\Cosmo Girl II\" or "C:\VST\DSK Brass\"

Now that it's done, you need to make FL detect those VSTs in order to use them, to do this, go to Channels, then Add One, then More.... Now you'll see a tiny window displaying many plugins, to start detecting those new VSTs, click on Refresh, then use Fast Scan (Recommended). After waiting few seconds, it'll reveal the new plugins as red, red means newly detected plugins. Now click on a tiny square and it'll appear an F mark on it, the F mark means the plugin is enabled for use and can now be loaded whenever you wish to use it.

If you have any more questions, then ask. I'll see what I can do to help you.

And again, excellent music, excellent work.
Thanks, Elenai!

I'm still enjoying my siesta after a hard work...

It seems you have a new avatar, Giganotosaur.
Well, sometimes we change our avatars from time to time.

But my dino mascot will always remain the same...

Level 15
I have 8 as well, still not quite mastered any of it, but I love the edison recording thing, it finally gave the perfect angelic voice effect I required.
Ah, the 8th version, excellent choice...

Don't worry if FL looks too complicated, you'll learn as you use it, or reading the help manuals, and opening Tutorial songs. There's so much to learn. And, of course, you can still ask me something if you need help.

Yes, I also use Edison as well. I often call it Mr. Edison because it's so easy to use, and very helpful for my music exports.

Try using Fruity Dance, and you'll admire the most cutest, beautiful, and also an anime girl, FL Chan! Of course you'll need to control her movements in order to make her dance.

Oh, any success detecting the VSTs in FL?

Keep up the amazing work.
Thanks, and I will.

As soon as I'm done taking a break...

Level 35
Actually TDG, I have successfully placed VST's within the program, and tested them out. They work perfectly.

I wish I still had all my psycle plugins from before the crash however XD they would have been incredibly useful.

I have also grown to admire FL chan, chibi chan is cute ^_^ But I wont steal your heart's joy away :D

I think that as soon as I have created my first song, (the fall of Arthas) I will send you a pm of it, so you can critique it.

Oh, by the way, would you know of any good VST plugins that I might find useful?

Level 15
Actually TDG, I have successfully placed VST's within the program, and tested them out. They work perfectly.
Problem solved!

I wish I still had all my psycle plugins from before the crash however XD they would have been incredibly useful.
Losing files can really hurt, I know how that feels. Because I once lost everything from a defective 20 GB HDD.

The only way to prevent data loss, is to use a CD-RW or DVD-RW to backup important files, so they'll remain safe for recovery in case something bad happens.

I have also grown to admire FL chan, chibi chan is cute ^_^ But I wont steal your heart's joy away :D
Heh heh heh... I'm not jealous. Besides she's not flesh and blood, and lots of guys have a crush on her.

Sometimes I think of FL Chan as a music goddess or something, because of the way she's dressed.

And looking at her sometimes reminds me of Sonia the Hedgehog.

I think that as soon as I have created my first song, (the fall of Arthas) I will send you a pm of it, so you can critique it.
Okay.

As for the PMs, I have one tiny question. Does creating a folder in the PM section means creating a folder in the PC or in the Hive? I'm confused...

Oh, by the way, would you know of any good VST plugins that I might find useful?
Well, I know some, not all. Give me some time to make a list of some good ones.

Level 15
Nah, you see there are folders within your profile already (browser based, nothing to download). When you get the PM, you'll be notified and the browser itself will open it. Pretty simple.
Hive. Everything from the hive is stored on the hive. Rather like web-based email.
Thanks guys!

I was a bit afraid to mess up with my profile's configuration, so I haven't touched them since I got here for the first time.

I quite lack of knowledge about Internet stuff...

<EDIT>
Okay, I think I've solved the PM problem. Try sending me a PM as a test to see if it works.

<EDIT 2>
Aha! Got one reply!

Last edited:
Level 15
I hate techno..
Most of that was a huge shit pile to me, but i liked that menu music thing.. and i couldnt listen to the .ogg stuff though :(
Nobody is forced to like. We all have our own likes and dislikes.

But please, be nice with the comments, my music projects costed me a lot of work and not all of them sound exactly like techno. But I thank you for at least liking the menu music.

As for the OGG format, you need an OGG decoder in order to play them.

Level 35
Ah, Lord Giganotosaur. I am pleased to see that you are still here.

I have an idea that might interest you. Perhaps a dark vision might suit you?

"Fore deep under the halls of this ancient forgotten Cathedral, where the dead slept and the kings were laid to rest ere their last breath reached the high peaks above, like mountains of carved stone and slate tile.

It was herein this once bastion of the Holy Light, that terror awoke, and when his eyes were opened, the minds of the dead were broken from their slumber, and their old bones and rotting flesh began to walk, and creak with the clacking footfall of their feet.

And as they walked, the smell of their decay filled the air, as it was torn asunder by the rifts of Hell, pouring forth demons of all twisted variety, and misshapen form, that even the most depraved mind in all creation could scarcely have conjured in it's most horrid imaginings.

And so it would be that Terror would awaken, and a king would fall, betrayed by a false light...that Bishop of ill reprieve.

And the son of the king would be taken, and the town whipped into a mob, driven by fear, guiled by panic, and of course...wracked with terror.

Into the depths of their stony tombs they went, urged onward by the treacherous Bishop into the very hands of the living cleaver, The Butcher.

The screams echoed in the night, and the laughter of the Fallen filled the very moonlight with dread, as the stained glass, once depicting the saints, were all but red with blood, and a mysterious fel light that emanated from within as the frail and poisoned corpses of the townsfolk were hurled against the walls, the scarlet waters of life within them dripping upon the slabs of stone beneath their lifeless bodies, gashed and rended by the blades of Hell, and the Butcher's favourite instrument of carnage.

And above the halls of the Cathedral, in the town of Tristram...the women and children wide awake for ever darkening days, were cast to insanity, and fled their cursed dwellings forever to what ever end....forever now widows and orphans of the Lord of Terror.

All that remained of this realm of light, was but a shadow of without escape, cast by a mountain of horror...

And not even Heaven itself, was prepared for what would be set in motion upon that most light bereft of days."

-Elenai-Lefael, Keeper of the Tomes in Pandemonium Fortress-

Level 15
Ah, Lord Giganotosaur. I am pleased to see that you are still here.

I have an idea that might interest you. Perhaps a dark vision might suit you?
I'm still present. And I've already checked the story within the reveal button.

And I've got to admit, you're really good at this. Well done!

The story brings me great memories of the good ol' Diablo games that I've played for a long time, and I'm still playing. And I'm quite eager to try out Diablo 3.

But was the idea meant for me to create a scary themed music? I'm confused...

Level 35
Well yeah, essentially

A dark gothic cathedraleque sort of theme.

Do you remember the music that played in Diablo 1 when you first entered the cathedral and it was sorta like:

"aaahhhhhh.....dum dum dum duum."

and then a little bit into the song it would have a sorta chorus like:

"aaahhh, Aaahhh, AHHHH AHHH Ahhhhh!"

Well I was thinking, something with that sort of choir effect, with some dark sounding church bells to punctuate some of the lines of music, accompanied by tinkling chimes.

And for the music, something that gives an effect of walking in a dreary fog, illuminated by a pale moon, and as you walk you hear soft screams in the night and the moaning of souls far away.

That was what I was imagining ^^

You might also look up Nox Arcana, for more information.

YouTube - Music Box _ Nox Arcana

YouTube - Memento Mori Nox Arcana

YouTube - Nevermore - Nox Arcana

YouTube - Lullaby - Nox Arcana

YouTube - Nox Arcana - Carol of the Bells (this one especially)

Level 15
I like the idea. Interested, in short words.

However, I'm afraid my musical skills are no match for that kind of perfection.

But I'll try to create a spooky music based on my musical skills. The music may sound very different, but the needed instruments will be present.

Level 15
is there a way to download those songs without them being in a package.
like if i just want one song, can u send an attachment of each song...

sry if im askin to much .
I'm sorry, but my musics are best shared as compressed files. And the Hive doesn't support OGG attachments either.

Compressed files can save space (Or should I use RAR instead? Or 7ZIP?), they're always organized, easier to distinguish, and they can save time when uploading or downloading (Depending how fast your modem is, I guess.).

But look on the bright side:

Compressed = Smaller files (Shorter time and smaller to download.)
Uncompressed = Larger files (Longer time and bigger to download.)

Of course, the Giganoto_Byte was hard to compress due to its monstruous size.

Level 15
Thanks.

I was eager to compose a huge music. But then I've learned how hard and tiresome that was to make. I was about to give up on 16 minutes, but luckly, I came up with some good tunes and finally made it, up to 21 minutes.

Now, I'll keep making normal musics (The small ones.). Making another huge music would definitely kill me.

And speaking of it, I've finished making four musics for the 9th pack. But there's still more to be made, so they're not ready to be released yet.

Last edited:
Level 15
Exciting, isn't it? Now tell me how exciting this one is:

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
After enjoying the big marathon of fun with the Giganoto_Byte music, I bring you the 9th pack with 8 more musics. Here's some infos about them inside the reveal buttons:

Simple music. Just as the name states, it is basically simple. Four laps and two different pitch changes.

I know it sounds a bit repetitive, but it's quite intense and nice to listen.
Spacial-inspiration music. It is true that in the vast space holds many beauties, not just stars or planets.

If you have played Freelancer, then you know what I mean.
Spooky-like music. Imagine a blighted planet, the homeland of the Undead.

Has four stages, and look a little repetitive, sorry.
Chase-like music. I have the need, the Need for Speed!

Very wacky in the last parts of the music.
Shivering-like music. When all is calm in a dangerous place, sometimes we're never too careful of what we do...
Is it an egyptian-like? Is it desert-like? Or snake-charming-like?

Well, one thing is certain, it sounds majestic.
Panic-striken music. Oh, yes, the third version of the wacky music is here!

Hopefully this one should be an improvement since my last two Wacky_Zapper's.
Two-sided music. The left is the beautiful peace, while the right is the reign of terror.

Sort of major and minor styles merged.
Well, that's all for the 9th pack. Oh, and sorry about the size of the ZIP file, these compressing programs keep failing me when I compress big files, especially compressed audio files such as these.

Have fun...

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_9.zip
    40.7 MB · Views: 213
Basic's tune I liked. However, like you said, it got a bit repetitive.

Beauty of the Space was my favourite :3

Hot pursuit I also liked. Good tune to it as well as intense <3

Intensive tension though... that got really repetitive :/

Majestic was good...

Wacky zapper 3... I think the thing is with these wacky zappers is that you're making the tune more and more complicated. The first one was good because it had a simple tune that got in your head. (Other works of yours that I absolutely <3 now are Computing the Chip and Electromagnetic Life, because those tunes really get in your head :D)

Haven't surfed the last one yet but I will do soon.

Level 15
Basic's tune I liked. However, like you said, it got a bit repetitive.

Beauty of the Space was my favourite :3

Hot pursuit I also liked. Good tune to it as well as intense <3

Intensive tension though... that got really repetitive :/

Majestic was good...

Wacky zapper 3... I think the thing is with these wacky zappers is that you're making the tune more and more complicated. The first one was good because it had a simple tune that got in your head. (Other works of yours that I absolutely <3 now are Computing the Chip and Electromagnetic Life, because those tunes really get in your head :D)

Haven't surfed the last one yet but I will do soon.
Well, thanks. I did my best, but the boredom was already starting to take over me. But still, they were good, weren't they?

The third Wacky_Zapper was the last one. And as the last one, it was an attempt to make it sound as best as possible.

Repetitiveness... I once said it wouldn't hurt anyone, but it seems it can sting a little bit. Perhaps I should start practicing on reducing them by putting different melodies and other things, or my future musics will start losing quality...

I LOVE YOU! AHHH! *fan girl screams, groupies yelling, pictures flashing*
I LOVE YOU TOO! *waving at the fans, giving them autographs, and then leaving in his big black BMW GTR-whatever car, with a giganotosaurus sketch on it, and with a red neon light under it*

Heh heh heh... Good one, eh?

So, was the Cemetery_World a little spooky? Or you liked Majestic best? Or... all?

Repetitiveness... I once said it wouldn't hurt anyone, but it seems it can sting a little bit. Perhaps I should start practicing on reducing them by putting different melodies and other things, or my future musics will start losing quality...

Well, for example, your older ones were slightly less repetitive because they were shorter. Most of them were around 2-3 minutes. Some of these new ones, however, are 4-5 minutes, which might be why they sound a bit more repetitive. :p

Level 15
Well, for example, your older ones were slightly less repetitive because they were shorter. Most of them were around 2-3 minutes. Some of these new ones, however, are 4-5 minutes, which might be why they sound a bit more repetitive. :p
Screw the repetitiveness issues, keep 'em long. That's what electronica's all about.
Well, repetitive or not, it's not the end of the world.

Good job on the new pieces too btw.
They all came through with wonderful finesse and stayed faithful to the genre.
Thank you.

The Cemetery was indeed delicious to listen to.
I had to use many instrumental WAV files to do this one. Same goes for Majestic.

Thunder and lightning shot sounds inspire me very much, and I fear it too...

I've relistened all of your music today, and I must admit that my favorites are:

Freedom
Menu Alike
Is This Horrid
Canine Desperation
Cementry World
Ready for Action
Smash'n'Burn
Majestic
Elven Events
To Spook Or Not To Spook
Basic
Beauty of the Space
Clear View
Dangerous Situation
Electromagnetic Life

Note that those favorites are not in any order, it is pretty much what I've liked the most.

Oh, and would you try to make your own version of this, I think it would've been awesome :D

Level 15
I've relistened all of your music today, and I must admit that my favorites are:

Freedom
Menu Alike
Is This Horrid
Canine Desperation
Cementry World
Ready for Action
Smash'n'Burn
Majestic
Elven Events
To Spook Or Not To Spook
Basic
Beauty of the Space
Clear View
Dangerous Situation
Electromagnetic Life

Note that those favorites are not in any order, it is pretty much what I've liked the most.
Nice selections!

Oh, and would you try to make your own version of this, I think it would've been awesome :D
Looks great!

Well, I'll try. But with a different or same melody? And how much length in the music?

Right now I'm planning something really scary, kind of evil-like music. Probably a small music loop (OGG, what else?) that I'm going to use for my secret game project during a delicious scene of cannibalistic terror.

Looks great!
Well, I'll try. But with a different or same melody? And how much length in the music?
Thanks :D Well, I want the melody, basses to be played the same way, but in your style, basically, I would like something that is ALIKE that, just a lot better, you get what I mean :p
Right now I'm planning something really scary, kind of evil-like music. Probably a small music loop (OGG, what else?) that I'm going to use for my secret game project during a delicious scene of cannibalistic terror.

Hmm, that's bound to be awesome! Though, I think you should make a bit longer loops (so stuff doesn't really repeat all over again too much).

Level 15
Thanks :D Well, I want the melody, basses to be played the same way, but in your style, basically, I would like something that is ALIKE that, just a lot better, you get what I mean :p
Hmm...

Okay, but like I've said, I'll try.

Hmm, that's bound to be awesome! Though, I think you should make a bit longer loops (so stuff doesn't really repeat all over again too much).
Yep, I know.

Because first, it'll have two musics, one is a small tension music, but when the terror strikes in, another music is triggered and that's when the music roars into a terrifying panic style. But for the release of my 10th pack, I'll be merging them into one, so it won't be THAT small.

And yes, I think it'll be awesome. It's an adventure game like Day of the Tentacle, Leisure Suit Larry, Sam & Max, etc.. But my game will be different, and no, the game will not have humans.

TDG has done it again!

Many new awesome tunes you have provided us with (oi, that sounded a bit Engrish).

I especially love Cemetery World. It fits very well for a hellish castle themed final level in an epic adventure game (be it 2D or 3D, platform or rpg).
Oh, yes...

Thanks!

The Cemetery_World and Majestic were intended to be special musics for the 9th pack, while the others were, you know, normal musics.

Last edited:
Level 15
Sorry for double posting, but there was no more replies so I was eager to post this...

HappyTauren, I've finished your music! I don't know if you like it, but I did my best. The work was a little bit complicated but I did it. You'll notice two little melodies of my own, since I've made it a little bit longer (Max. length, two minutes.).

And, of course, allow me to give you credits for your original music. Oh, and this music has no ID3 Tag...

Last edited:
Level 15
Sorry for my "inactiveness", but I haven't been well lately. Not only bored, but a bit depressed.

But that's not what I came here for, I came here to give you the news...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Yippie-ki-yay, let the roars of joy be heard as I finally unleash my 10th pack. Seven more musics, and their infos:

Be_In_Love
Space-like and romantic-like (Dunno.) music.

Well, I don't know what to say. I'm lonely and I can't love *sigh*.

Let's just say it's similar to Beauty_Of_The_Space.​
Cannibalistic_Terror
Extreme panic-stricken music.

This is the music that I'll be using in my secret project. It has three parts:

1st - Two scared victims, knowing they're being watched.
2nd - The huge cannibal comes out, and begins the chase!
3rd - The victims caught into a trap (Usually a hole covered with fake grass.), and now it's lunch time (Well, they're not going to be eaten!)!​
Eradicate_The_Chip
Space-like music?

This is a devastating REMAKE from Computing_The_Chip.

Cover your ears, cuz it's gonna get too loud!​
Exciting_Adventure
Adventurous-like music.

Pretty nice. Good for platform games, I guess...​
Fantastic_Fantasy
Wonder-like music.

Sometimes we dream of things that don't exist in real-life. The things we imagine, create or make, is called unreal (No, NOT Unreal(tm)!) or fantasy...

Anyway, it sounds pretty nice.​
Freedom_Forever
Awe-like music.

Before you start saying "Hey! I've already heard that one!" Let me tell you that this is a REMAKE from Freedom.

The only differences are, it's longer, has some tweaked melodies, replaced some instruments with others, and added an ending part.

For those who loved Freedom, you might love this one instead.​
Wish_Your_Wishes
Nice-like (Or a little sad-like?) music.

Ah, this one was astonishing to make. Quite melodic with solo and metal guitars.

This music was made due to one of my greatest wishes that I will not speak further (It's a secret.).​
And that's it!

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_10.zip
    27.2 MB · Views: 208
Damn dude, you've outdone yourself again. You just keep getting better and better :D

Be_In_Love was nice. I don't really have an impression at the moment but it might be one of those songs that just grow on you, ya know? I liked it though :3

Cannibalistic_Terror... I could definitely tell there was some "story" thing going on like you explained, and you pulled it off brilliantly. :D

Eradicate_the_Chip - The original, Computing_The_Chip, I didn't really have much of an impression with at first but it ended up being one of my favourites. With this "remix", so to speak, you took the original and made it even better! Woot.

Exciting_Adventure - see Be_In_Love. Same reaction, mostly.

Fantastic_Fantasy I LOVED. Seriously. <333333

Freedom_Forever was a great remix of one of your older pieces and, yeah well, it was great! Loved this one too.

Wish_Your_Wishes. Great song, lovely melody.

I haven't surfed these yet but I will do so as soon as I can get a chance to--these look like they'll be a lot of fun :D

Level 15
Damn dude, you've outdone yourself again. You just keep getting better and better :D
Thank you, Pyritie.

The power of the VSTi(s) and the DXi(s) have served me well (Once again!). And not to mention some WAV files that I've used as well.

Collecting the VST plugins seem like Pokémon, there are too many of them!

Be_In_Love was nice. I don't really have an impression at the moment but it might be one of those songs that just grow on you, ya know? I liked it though :3
Well, if you say so...

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've added some NES instruments there. But they were under the effects of a flanger plugin, from which produced some nice leads and bass.

Cannibalistic_Terror... I could definitely tell there was some "story" thing going on like you explained, and you pulled it off brilliantly. :D
Actually, there is a story. Like I've said, I'm working on an adventure game. But I'm still at the very beginning, still mouse-drawing and animating the characters and stuff, and the programming is too hard.

But if I fail creating this game, I might create a nice movie-like comics, because the story's delicious, and not suitable for people less than 16 years old (Even if my story happens to be cartoonish and non-human sentients.).

Eradicate_the_Chip - The original, Computing_The_Chip, I didn't really have much of an impression with at first but it ended up being one of my favourites. With this "remix", so to speak, you took the original and made it even better! Woot.
Ah, yes. This one was a test just for fun!

I choose the word "eradicate" because it's too loud and a little explosive for the sub woofers.

Exciting_Adventure - see Be_In_Love. Same reaction, mostly.
At the beginning and at the end of this music, you'll probably hear a formant-like synth playing, which was nice.

Fantastic_Fantasy I LOVED. Seriously. <333333
Thanks!

Sometimes I even amaze myself...

Freedom_Forever was a great remix of one of your older pieces and, yeah well, it was great! Loved this one too.
I always wanted to remake this music, so I did.

Wish_Your_Wishes. Great song, lovely melody.
Thanks again.

This one kinda made me shed some tears of inspiration.

I haven't surfed these yet but I will do so as soon as I can get a chance to--these look like they'll be a lot of fun :D
On your marks... get set... AUDIOSURF!

<CURIOSITY>
I don't mean to ask this, but why have all the Frostwhisper's posts been deleted? My thread sounds a little messed up.

Last edited: