• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 15
Oh, if it would not be too much trouble, could you (tell me/send me/link me), any free vst "choir" plug-ins you have knowledge of?

I have searched, and all I seem to find is Magnus which doesnt work on Psycle unfortunately.

I dont want to sound like a bum or a burden, but I would be most grateful to a fastly growing member of the modding community.
No trouble at all, what are friends for? I'll be glad to help, if I can...

First, you must make sure Psycle trully supports any instrumental VST plugin (VSTi.). And the VST plugins are DLL files that must be placed in a VST folder. But some VST plugins brings more than just DLL files but some stuff, such as config, soundbanks, etc..

Second, sometimes each VST plugin brings more than one instrument. Synthesizers always brings lots of instruments.

Third, all I can give you is these two useful links of the basic VST sites that I've used before...

http://www.kvraudio.com/ - Some are not free!
http://www.vst4free.com/ - Free simple plugins...

...and you can find more sites if you type this in Google: VST Instruments

And be careful, sometimes Google shows some unsafe, unwanted or malignant sites. DON'T go to such sites!

I've seen some choir VST plugins in KVR Audio, but I've never downloaded them. I'm more interested in subtractive, addictive or whatever-type synthesizers.

Hope this helps.

If you wish, you may Private Message them, I wanted to send this request in a PM...but I couldnt pm you.
Well, sorry about that. It's because I'm not used to PMs, and I'd rather deal things in public. Sorry.

Thankyou for your time and patience.

-Elenai the Epic-
You're welcome.

I always got time, but I can't always be here because my sisters are constantly using this computer (The one I'm typing right now.).

And your last music set was quite gorgeous.
Thanks.

My god Wacky Zapper was fun. But hard. :D

Yes I know it's laggy. Youtube borked it. As usual.

Anyways, I attached an ogg of that song which has the correct metadata and stuff so the high score list isn't disabled like it was in the recording.

Attachments

• Wacky_Zapper.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
You have no idea how much I fapped after I've listen your songs (from all the zip files of course). Seriously, you're freaking awesome at this.
I'm adding you to my list of favorite music composers (which is in my brain).

seal-1.gif

I encourage you to continue with your talent, TDG. Keep up the good work.

+rep

Level 15
My god Wacky Zapper was fun. But hard. :D

Yes I know it's laggy. Youtube borked it. As usual.

Anyways, I attached an ogg of that song which has the correct metadata and stuff so the high score list isn't disabled like it was in the recording.
Yeah, awesome, isn't it?

I love using subtractive, addictive and FM synthesizers to produce such beautiful instruments, a truly gift from the gods, I suppose...

But I'm yet planning for more devastating and frightening musics, as long as they don't blow up any of my speakers and my sub-woofer. I'll also be making calm ones too...

You have no idea how much I fapped after I've listen your songs (from all the zip files of course). Seriously, you're freaking awesome at this.
I'm adding you to my list of favorite music composers (which is in my brain).
Thanks, it usually takes few minutes for a simple/quick musics, while impressive ones sometimes take days, weeks or months (Depending how many things I have to fix.).

It all started when I had for the first time the Scream Tracker (Good old music making for DOS.). My first musics weren't that good, but I kept improving and improving. Then after few years, came the ModPlug Tracker, which gave me more power to create any MOD, S3M, XM and IT modules. My musics got improved quite a lot. And then I've met, the unconquerable FL STUDIO! Wow, my musics got REAL improved by using its wonderful plugins, both instruments and effects (And some 3rd Party VST and DX plugins too.). And there you have it, nice musics made.

My only difficulty are the volumes, both Master and Channels, when one is louder than other, I'll have to synchronize them or the sounds won't sound too good.

I encourage you to continue with your talent, TDG. Keep up the good work.
I will.

Right now I'm converting all of my MOD, S3M, XM and IT modules into FL, so it'll take some time. And thanks...

Yeah this is definitely really cool music. Keep it up.
Thanks, and I will.

Level 35
I must say Lord Dark, you have inspired me to make music, in much the same way that General Frank inspired me to start modeling ^^ You have earned my greatest regard and friendship. Honored of the Noldorin.

(such honors include, an avatar when ever you wish (and when I have time) of your choosing)

Level 15
I must say Lord Dark, you have inspired me to make music, in much the same way that General Frank inspired me to start modeling ^^
Yes, I know General Frank. I still haven't paid him a visit to his model gallery yet. All I know is that he's the greatest model creator that I've ever seen.

Oh, sorry, your models are also great, Elenai. And others' models too.

You have earned my greatest regard and friendship. Honored of the Noldorin.
Ah, Elenai. You're like a brother to me. Well, we truly aren't but...!

(such honors include, an avatar when ever you wish (and when I have time) of your choosing)
Well, I still like my avatar, but no changes will be made for now, sorry.

But do please, I'd like to see how an anime dinosaur is made, and show to us in your art gallery, if you don't mind...

I've always liked anime-a-like characters, they make me hungry when I look at them. And especially anime girls, like I've said, I'm in love with FL Chan (The dancing anime character of FL STUDIO.).

make him anime-ish dark gigantosaur :D
Humans are always looking anime, but the animals...?

Don't you dare make him an avatar.
His current one is simply perfect.
That's okay, Frostwhisper. Werewulf made an impressive dinosaur picture before, so let's see what Elenai can do.

But don't worry, I won't replace my avatar, yet.

If you need any ideas for future works, maybe an icy/windy/cold one would be nice :D
Who? Me or Elenai? Sorry, I'm confused...

Yes, I know General Frank. I still haven't paid him a visit to his model gallery yet. All I know is that he's the greatest model creator that I've ever seen.
How can you say he's the greatest you've ever seen if you've never seen his stuff? :p

Who? Me or Elenai? Sorry, I'm confused...
Well, seeing as this is your thread...

Level 15
How can you say he's the greatest you've ever seen if you've never seen his stuff? :p
Before I've registered myself to this site, I used to go see his model gallery. And I sometimes go there.

But when I've said "pay him a visit", I was refering to go there and chat with him, which I haven't done yet.

Well, seeing as this is your thread...
Uh... okay.

Level 15
Oh, and just as a note, could you please add ID3 tags to your songs? So then me and others can play them on audiosurf? (Because if they don't have ID3 tags then the high score list is disabled and we can't compete :< )
ID3 Tag? If you mean by adding a music title, music genre, and other texts into a music file, then yes, I'll start adding them from now on. But first, I'll make 2 small and simple musics (MP3 and OGG.), and add ID3 Tags into them as a test to see if they really work on Audiosurf.

However, I'm afraid I can't update all of the old musics I've uploaded, but if the need is urgent...

As for my new musics, I've just finished converting 3 music modules into FLs, but I'm thinking of uploading a ZIP file with plenty of musics, just like the first ZIP.

ID3 Tag? If you mean by adding a music title, music genre, and other texts into a music file, then yes, I'll start adding them from now on. But first, I'll make 2 small and simple musics (MP3 and OGG.), and add ID3 Tags into them as a test to see if they really work on Audiosurf.
Yes, that's what I mean by ID3 tags. :D

I added a few to some of your songs on Audacity (on mp3 and ogg) and they both worked fine on audiosurf.

However, I'm afraid I can't update all of the old musics I've uploaded, but if the need is urgent...
I could if you wanted to.

By the way I can't get enough of wacky zapper... so fun :D

Level 15
All of them seems to sound like "techno".
Not all of them.

They're digital made musics, not made like what we hear nowadays on MTV or other music channels. Although some musicians still use synthesizers to play.

Could you make something closer to "Medieval"??
Medieval is quite hard for me to make. But I keep trying...

It's not piece of cake to use plenty of instruments and percussions simultaneously.

They don't sound techno at all to me, especially for being completely electronic.
Exactly.

I could if you wanted to.
Well, there's no problem if people add ID3 Tags to them manually...

By the way I can't get enough of wacky zapper... so fun :D
We'll see how much fun it is when my fifth pack is ready...

<TO PYRITIE>
Pyritie, here's the ZIP file with two simple/quick made musics to test in Audiosurf, but first, check them to see if I added the ID3 Tags correctly, because I've used GoldWave to add them.

I've made them in a hurry, but I think they sound a bit great.

Attachments

• TEST.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
Yep. Those ID3 tags work perfectly fine on both the ogg and mp3. (The only fields we need are Title and Artists, the others are optional :3 )

TheDarkGiganotosaur said:
Well, there's no problem if people add ID3 Tags to them manually...
Well some people might put you as TDG, others as TheDarkGiganotosaur, and some people might put _ in the title, others spaces. So if the ID3 tags are already there when people download them, then there's no need to change them so everyone's would be the same. :3

Last edited:
Level 15
Yep. Those ID3 tags work perfectly fine on both the ogg and mp3. (The only fields we need are Title and Artists, the others are optional :3 )
Then the problem is hereby declared solved.

Well some people might put you as TDG, others as TheGreatGigantosaur, and some people might put _ in the title, others spaces. So if the ID3 tags are already there when people download them, then there's no need to change them so everyone's would be the same. :3
Then there should be no problems getting the musics ready for Audiosurf.

Huh? TheGreatGigantosaur? Well, I don't think I look great but darker (I'm white as a human.), and I'm definitely not vegetarian.

(Giga + noto + saur = Carnivore Dino)
(Giga + nto + saur = Vegetarian Dino)

Adding or removing the "o" word between the "n" and "t" words can sure make a lot of difference between these two dinosaurs!

<WHAT'S COMING SOON?>
Here's some titles/comments of my fifth pack:

Be_At_Peace - Another promising inspiring music.
Last_Days_On_Earth - Only when the Earth is REALLY in trouble.
Run_For_It - Maybe based in a desert area...
Similar_Chip_Like - Simplistically delightful music.
Stadium_Chanting - When a music is played in a stadium, the crowd sings.
Thrill_Of_Phobia - Sometimes fear can cause excitement...
Undead_Pursuit - Scratching metal guitars and smashing percussions.

And I'm about to work on Dragon_Strikes_In, a quite speedy tempo music. Think of a great dragon that proudly flies, does impressive loopings, and then chases after its prey with a frightening speed...

Level 35
It happens to me all the time. Elves grow weary of the world more often than humans or dinosaurs I believe ^^

I think TDG, that I will create a musical piece that I would like for you to evaluate...though I usually prefer to PM my WIP pieces.

However if you do not work in the private sector, I shall post it in my Epic Productions thread, if allowed by the forum mods to post music in the "concept art" area.

Level 15
It happens to me all the time.
See? It happens to all of us.

Elves grow weary of the world more often than humans or dinosaurs I believe ^^
Well, the truth is, we're all humans in real life.

Elves? All I know is they're good looking, yummy.

Dinosaurs? The carnivores only get cranky when they let their prey escape.

I think TDG, that I will create a musical piece that I would like for you to evaluate...though I usually prefer to PM my WIP pieces.
Okay. I'll try, I've never evaluated before...

By the way, any luck finding the VST plugins you wanted?

However if you do not work in the private sector, I shall post it in my Epic Productions thread, if allowed by the forum mods to post music in the "concept art" area.
You could ask Brad.dude03 if you're allowed to post it in my thread...

Okay here's a 7z I did with all of your music you've made so far with ID3 tags.

WinRar can decompress .7z so there should be no problem.

Just go here to download (too big for attaching), and then perhaps you can update your first post with the updated songs?

(Wait 15 seconds or so, then the Download link will appear below the 3x2 table on the left)

Level 15
Actually I did find some good VST's Magnus Choir doesn't work with psycle, but it does work with Mad Tracker so I have a choir now ^^
Amazing! The Mad Tracker's site already brings some nice selection of VST plugins! And the most incredible thing is, the Mad Tracker fully supports ReWired!

Luckily, FL STUDIO also supports ReWired, which means I can load Mad Tracker as a host plugin into FL STUDIO (Or vice versa.) and make them both playing the musics simultaneously!

Okay here's a 7z I did with all of your music you've made so far with ID3 tags.

WinRar can decompress .7z so there should be no problem.

Just go here to download (too big for attaching), and then perhaps you can update your first post with the updated songs?

(Wait 15 seconds or so, then the Download link will appear below the 3x2 table on the left)
Uoh! That must've been some hard work! I could've done it myself, but re-exporting my musics again would've been painful to me.

Okay, I have repacked everything what's inside of your 7Z file into ZIP files. Now here's a new problem, how do I update my uploaded files? Do I have to remove the old uploaded files and upload the new ones?

Uoh! That must've been some hard work! I could've done it myself, but re-exporting my musics again would've been painful to me.
Not really, actually. I have some program called JetAudio which adds a few buttons to the right-click menu, one of which is "Edit tags".

Okay, I have repacked everything what's inside of your 7Z file into ZIP files. Now here's a new problem, how do I update my uploaded files? Do I have to remove the old uploaded files and upload the new ones?
Yep. Remove the old and upload the new.

Level 15
There, the four ZIP files have been updated! However it has reseted the views' toll, but then so be it. All they need now is a test (Recommended.).

And here's a little surprise for everyone...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Behold, my fifth pack! More seven new musics with the ID3 Tags included! Let's hope these will now work on Audiosurf.

The Dragon_Strikes_In music was not added in this pack, because the conversion is not doing so good; having problems with drumloops and some instruments...

Now, I'm going to need plenty of time to prepare the sixth pack...

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_5.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 244
Level 15
Hooray for more music!
_tardgrinn__by_InvaderZaeon.gif
Indeed...

Let's celebrate with... CHEESE!

Wait, scratch that, not all the people like cheese...

TDG, you are seriously the greatest musical revolution to come to the hive :D This stuff's awesome!
Thanks, I just wanted to know if my musics are looking good or not, that's all.

Are we allowed to use these In our maps as long as we mention you somewhere?
Well, like I've said, it's fine by me using my musics as long as the credits are being given...

you can't use oggs
Exactly, because WC3 does not support OGG files. However, they can be converted into MP3 files, but that'll screw up the looping points.

Level 15
Are there any specific songs you want me to surf, TDG?
Well, I've already sent the fifth pack. Are they not good for surfing?

<EDIT>
Oh wait, I see what you mean. Which one of the musics to try on Audiosurf? Okay, you may want to try the Run_For_It, Thrill_Of_Phobia or Undead_Pursuit, I guess they're loud enough to cause a lot of cubic traffic while surfing. Or Be_At_Peace, for 5 minutes of race length, but the traffic will be reduced a bit.

Last edited:
Level 15
Uoh! Does my eyes deceive me, or this site just got updated? It looks much better and has some nice appearances!

Sorry for being late, but I'm suffering of tedium (Boredom, that is.), so I'm afraid the sixth pack will have to take much longer to be made... I might have to necropost if I don't finish them soon...

I posted links to your stuff on the audiosurf forums, is that okay?

Hopefully then it'll get more publicity. I posted links to back here so they're all downloading from where you originally posted them.

http://www.audio-surf.com/forum/index.php/topic,3201.0.html
Hmm...

I think that's okay. But please don't spread them to anywhere but in this site and perhaps in Audiosurf forums. I don't wish to draw too much attention, it scares me. Sorry.

Remember, these musics are free and were only made just for games and fun.