• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 15
So when is the feedback/comments/opinions about my 15th Pack coming? I can wait, but not forever...

Oh, you will be using computers in the future ;D the future's all about computers!
I'd really love to continue using computers, but the jobs are no joke--they're dead serious. When people return from work, they rarely get enough free time for anything as time flies pretty fast. But the true fact is, my parents won't be around forever and being unemployed for the rest of my life won't grant me a better future. So I want to avoid becoming a homeless vagrant by getting a job as soon as possible.

And about computers, what I find most frustrating is that the technology evolves so fast and I can't pick up the pace. I got my PC for few years and now it's becoming a bit outdated and obsolete. If things keep going on like this, I doubt my PC will have enough caliber to support any new future games, programs, and probably hardware components.

A awful lot of techno on THW, and lots of them are great... howerver your are better than most
Thanks!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Dude, great stuff, these would fit perfectly as Mortal Kombat OST. Definitely waiting for more.
So you're using FL Studio ? You should definitely try Reason 4 :p.

You should make an ending for your songs, most of them seem to end abruptly. :D

Level 15
Dude, great stuff, these would fit perfectly as Mortal Kombat OST.
Thanks.

Definitely waiting for more.
I'm sorry, but I've retired from music making.

I need to first sort out all my life problems by getting a job and start earning some cash.

So you're using FL Studio ? You should definitely try Reason 4 :p.
Hmm, never tried Reason before. But I'll stick with FL, because I got used to it since the beginning.

You should make an ending for your songs, most of them seem to end abruptly. :D
That's because those music are meant to loop, not to end. And that's what the OGG files are for.

Now, a music that doesn't end abruptly, that's what the MP3 files are for. MP3's are not capable of looping as its encoder cuts few milliseconds at the beginning and/or at the end of the music while saving.

Level 15
I'm back, dudes and dudettes!

After a very long hiatus, I returned to this old thread after... like what? 10+ freaking years?! Well, a LOT of stuff happened during these last years... some good, others bad. If you're curious, don't hesitate to post and chat with me in my profile.

Anyway... during my hiatus, some of my friends (from a certain institution I've been attending for some years now) were impressed with the music I made so their positive feedback gave me the motivation to make some more music around 2014 and 2015 (they were still being prepared until my old desktop PC "died", but I managed to retrieve my data much later thanks to a friend of mine who gave me a HDD to USB adapter), so after thinking about what to do with these "beta-version-like" music...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
...I decided to share them with you guys and gals by "unleashing" the 16th Pack right here, right now!

Cheering_Up
Somewhat nice and pretty melodic.

Giving_The_Creeps
Not much to say, just a "creepylicious" music.

It_Is_Hip_It_Is_Now
This was my first attempt at Hip Hop genre. Although it doesn't sound exactly like Hip Hop, but daaaaamn! After adding some Electronica-like instruments and this amazing melody I came up, this music blew my mind with awesomeness!

Jungle_Madness
Of all the jungle-like music I made previously, this one is short but a bit "sci-fi-ish" and very bombastic.

Strive_For_Victory
Now, this music has a funny story. During my days in the institution, the music teacher and my friends were playing instruments and singing (no, I didn't sing), creating their own music which would be used as an anthem. I, of course, couldn't resist the temptation of showing my music to the music teacher, and boy was he impressed! He then asked me if I could make a composition of their song in my own style... and here it is. In short words, it's nice, though the snare beating part in the middle (and later in the middle) tends to get a bit... umm... repetitive, but that's due to their part, not mine.

Utmost_Terror
Some of you may be familiar with a certain eerie-like instrument sound heard from some TV shows, movies, and even PC games (like Simcity 4 music called Terrain, Freelancer music called Omega Danger, et cetera). Well, I've fallen in love with it. So I "grabbed" this instrument sound from a video game music, and made both a test and this music with it... and even given it few tweaks.

And there you have it, the last and final Pack which completes all 16 Packs. Why the last and final Pack? Well, it's because... from now on, I'll be doing music only whenever the mood hits me and share only a single music whenever I decide, so there'll be no more Packs. This should give me plenty of time to focus on my real-life issues during these difficult times... what with this "corona-morona" thing going on around the world.

Also, my music-making habits changed, so I'll be using only LMMS, OpenMPT, and DefleMask. Still, I've been getting the hang of LMMS lately and I'm currently doing few music dedicated to Danganronpa (due to a great inspiration from its game and anime)... or should I say "Fanganronpa"? I also made a small but nice tune with DefleMask which I will share later or sooner.

So where are you from :D ? What do you plan to do ? (what kind of work ?).
I'm terribly, terribly sorry for not replying to your post many, many years ago, but I'll reply now... I'm from Portugal and unemployed. I'm currently attending at an institution which helps people overcome their life problems and stuff. Unfortunately, this whole "corona-morona" situation we're all in kinda hindered some or most of my progress.

Anyway... despite everything, I'd like to thank you for not giving up on me. 🥲

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_16.7z
    21.4 MB · Views: 33

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm terribly, terribly sorry for not replying to your post many, many years ago, but I'll reply now... I'm from Portugal and unemployed. I'm currently attending at an institution which helps people overcome their life problems and stuff. Unfortunately, this whole "corona-morona" situation we're all in kinda hindered some or most of my progress.
Don't worry about that. I'm actually sorry for you having troubles.
You could open a PayPal account for donations.
I hope life will be fair with you but you will also have to be fair to it.

Now, on the new pack:
The first two remind of your old style.
The others seem a bit different overall.
Good stuff!

Level 15
Don't worry about that. I'm actually sorry for you having troubles.
You could open a PayPal account for donations.
I hope life will be fair with you but you will also have to be fair to it.
Well, in these last few months, life has been fair with me, so all is well for now!

As for opening a PayPal account, I might consider doing so in the future after I create a DeviantArt (or create a thread in Hive's "Art and Graphic Designs" section) and a Patreon accounts for my yet-to-be-planned comics...

Now, on the new pack:
The first two remind of your old style.
The others seem a bit different overall.
Good stuff!
Thank you! 😉

Last edited:
You have my attention, TDG! :grin:
They are all great stuff. I like the rythm on "Strive for Victory".
Ever thought of sharing your old songs on SoundCloud or even YouTube? I'm sure you'll get a lot of attention and praise there.😁👍

Sorry about your circumstances. I do hope things are going well for you despite this pandemic. 🤗

And DefleMask? Knowing how legends like Savaged Regime pushes the limits on Sega Megadrive's sound hardware using that software, I'm curious about your take on it. 🙂

Level 15
Heeeeey! Long time no see! It's really good to see you again! 😄

You have my attention, TDG! :grin:
They are all great stuff. I like the rythm on "Strive for Victory".
Ever thought of sharing your old songs on SoundCloud or even YouTube? I'm sure you'll get a lot of attention and praise there.😁👍
Thanks! From here on, the next ones will sound a little bit different since I'm using LMMS now.

Well, I do have a YouTube account (thanks to Gmail account). But even though I never uploaded any video there before (and I'm not yet keen to do so), I'm a bit mad at Google/YouTube...

I mean, a best friend of mine (a gamer girl who I met in real life) likes doing "Let's Play" videos and I often post comments there. It was fun after some months, but then... one day, the "evil" Google/YouTube had the audacity to deliberately delete my newly posted comments without warning for no reason whatsoever. I dunno what is it they have against freedom of speech but I felt so upset and tried posting new comments over and over again but to no avail, so I've had enough of their antics and created a Reddit account... since she's also there, posting and linking her "Let's Play" videos, thus I can freely post comments there without fear of them being deleted.

Sorry about your circumstances. I do hope things are going well for you despite this pandemic. 🤗
Thanks, I'm doing okay now... and I hope it stays that way. 😉

Yeah, the reality of this pandemic kinda slapped me in the face... especially after it arrived in my country. I admit I was really scared in the first months, and the lockdowns were quite depressing (but necessary). Still, good thing I've been very careful when going outside so far...

And DefleMask? Knowing how legends like Savaged Regime pushes the limits on Sega Megadrive's sound hardware using that software, I'm curious about your take on it. 🙂
Well, I'm still a newbie at using DefleMask... and speaking of which, I guess it's time for me to share my very first music I made with it (had to export it to WAV, and then converted to OGG)! This one is called Going_Too_Soft. It was made as a test, but it does sound pretty catchy, doesn't it? 😉

About the application itself... yeah, it's a bit fun experimenting with it, but one thing I don't like is how limited the channels are (unlike OpenMPT), even when using the Arcade (YM2151, PCM) system, and I like using as many channels as possible.

Also, I'm saddened and disappointed that the v1.00+ (which has NeoGeo system support) is now Payware, but the so-called "legacy" version (0.12.1) is still being offered as Freeware. Oh well, it's better having a free version of it than nothing, methinks. 😒

Attachments

• Going_Too_Soft.7z
    918.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Heeeeey! Long time no see! It's really good to see you again!
Same here, mate! :grin:
And I too am not as active as I used to be. And like you, bunch of stuffs have happened in my life, both good and bad.

As for wc3 modding, I've pretty much retired from that. And that Reforged disaster didn't change my mind. I was curious when it was announced, but got disappointed when I found out it was using the same engine (although slightly updated) as vanilla wc3 and that both of them were being merged into one game (with Reforged being a DLC).
I'm more hopeful and optimistic with Diablo II: Resurrected as it will be a seperate game, and that Vicarious Visions is involved in the development.

Well, I do have a YouTube account (thanks to Gmail account). But even though I never uploaded any video there before (and I'm not yet keen to do so), I'm a bit mad at Google/YouTube...

I mean, a best friend of mine (a gamer girl who I met in real life) likes doing "Let's Play" videos and I often post comments there. It was fun after some months, but then... one day, the "evil" Google/YouTube had the audacity to deliberately delete my newly posted comments without warning for no reason whatsoever. I dunno what is it they have against freedom of speech but I felt so upset and tried posting new comments over and over again but to no avail, so I've had enough of their antics and created a Reddit account... since she's also there, posting and linking her "Let's Play" videos, thus I can freely post comments there without fear of them being deleted.
Fair enough. Youtube do have become too big for it's good, and unfortunately keeps becoming less and less about You and more about catering to advertisers, old fashion corporates and medias, and politics. Oh, and don't get me started on all those double standards. 😒
At least I can still watch videos from channels that I like to follow/subscribe, and ignore all the garbages appearing from the home and explore sections.
As for comments getting deleted, it's thanks to their very flawed automated system. I've seen harmless comments that aren't even spammy that have been put to pending mode on some of my videos.

Thanks, I'm doing okay now... and I hope it stays that way. 😉

Yeah, the reality of this pandemic kinda slapped me in the face... especially after it arrived in my country. I admit I was really scared in the first months, and the lockdowns were quite depressing (but necessary). Still, good thing I've been very careful when going outside so far...
That's good. Just make sure to wash and sanitize your hands and keep yourself at distance. If possible, I recommend wearing a mask and gloves when going through crowded areas (such as grocery stores). 😷

Well, I'm still a newbie at using DefleMask... and speaking of which, I guess it's time for me to share my very first music I made with it (had to export it to WAV, and then converted to OGG)! This one is called Going_Too_Soft. It was made as a test, but it does sound pretty catchy, doesn't it? 😉
Indeed! Sounds like it would fit in a classic Sonic game. 😁👍

About the application itself... yeah, it's a bit fun experimenting with it, but one thing I don't like is how limited the channels are (unlike OpenMPT), even when using the Arcade (YM2151, PCM) system, and I like using as many channels as possible.

Also, I'm saddened and disappointed that the v1.00+ (which has NeoGeo system support) is now Payware, but the so-called "legacy" version (0.12.1) is still being offered as Freeware. Oh well, it's better having a free version of it than nothing, methinks.
Deflemask becoming payware? That's a bummer.
Though I haven't learned from it's interface anyway, lol. It's a lot different from FamiTracker (and it's various forks) which I prefer using, even if it only uses NES sound hardware and it's japanese sound expansions though.

As for limited channels. Deflemask (and other chiptune trackers) were made with emulating actual sound hardwares in mind, which have their limitations (including the amount of channels).
So if you like old FM synthesis, but want unlimited channels, I suggest getting a VST plugin called VOPM (it's free) and use it on LMMS and OpenMPT.
I do know newer versions of OpenMPT have built-in support for OPL3 emulation with up to 18 FM channels.

Last edited:
Level 15
As for wc3 modding, I've pretty much retired from that. And that Reforged disaster didn't change my mind. I was curious when it was announced, but got disappointed when I found out it was using the same engine (although slightly updated) as vanilla wc3 and that both of them were being merged into one game (with Reforged being a DLC).
I'm more hopeful and optimistic with Diablo II: Resurrected as it will be a seperate game, and that Vicarious Visions is involved in the development.
Ah, yes... the "Deformed" version of Warcraft 3. The Reforged trailer we all saw before its release did show some promise, but... just as EA ruined Maxis' Spore, Activision also ruined Blizzard's Warcraft 3. Tsk, tsk, tsk... merging companies often "breed" bad results, in my opinion. And fixing what ain't broken is also their specialty.

I never played Warcraft 3 Reforged before, but from what I've seen and heard, I think I'd rather stick with the classic version of it, get the last working patch (dunno which version) for it before the Reforged "apocalypse", and go offline while running the game.

Also, I've been staying away from the modern purchasable PC games since most of them have this compulsory Internet connection requirement and can't be played offline and also dropped support for old Windows OSes (which is why I'm using Linux now). However, I still appreciate most old (and older) games and free and/or open source games.

Fair enough. Youtube do have become too big for it's good, and unfortunately keeps becoming less and less about You and more about catering to advertisers, old fashion corporates and medias, and politics. Oh, and don't get me started on all those double standards. 😒
At least I can still watch videos from channels that I like to follow/subscribe, and ignore all the garbages appearing from the home and explore sections
Don't worry, I won't say a word about their double standards. Also, I totally agree with you. 😉

Anyway, about me making videos and uploading them on YouTube, I'd need plenty of time to think about this matter and also think what kind of videos I'd make and if I have enough free time to do so. I mean, I seem to have the necessary applications like Shotcut (which seems to be my preferred video editor), GIMP for creating and editing (and hopefully drawing stuff with a USB-compatible drawing tablet which I must buy first) pictures, music/audio apps like LMMS, Audacity, Ocenaudio, et cetera, and OBS Studio to record my desktop while playing games and/or doing other stuff with sound and... God forbid, my voice... anyone eager for my voice reveal?! 🤭

As for comments getting deleted, it's thanks to their very flawed automated system. I've seen harmless comments that aren't even spammy that have been put to pending mode on some of my videos.
Well, I may be 100% wrong, but sometimes I get the feeling that their automated system acts more like a human than a bot...

Still, I can't shake the thought that I've been somehow blacklisted and now my newly posted comments go poof (though my old comments still remain untouched)... and even after clicking on the "Like" button, it still shows as 0 after I logged out! Also, I've seen lots of comments and few of them have inappropriate words or strong swearing or links and they don't get deleted... only mine get deleted. Kinda makes me feel like I'm being discriminated. 😢

But meh... the least I can do now is wait till this blows over and then try posting comments again. Oh, how I miss the good old YouTube before "Googlevil" came along, took over, and ruined it...

EDIT: I just gave another try and posted a new comment and it got deleted yet again! Geez... what is it with Google/YouTube and their antics of constantly deleting everything on a whim? By the way, it looks like this kind of issue has been brought to attention over here! After reading it and the replies, I'm feeling ambivalent as to whether this problem will be solved or not... but I'd vote for the latter due to their constant prejudice against the freedom of speech. Let's see how this plays out, shall we?

That's good. Just make sure to wash and sanitize your hands and keep yourself at distance. If possible, I recommend wearing a mask and gloves when going through crowded areas (such as grocery stores). 😷
No worries! I've been very careful. Additionally, I never touch anything outside in the streets (but I always carry a small and portable alcohol gel bottle just in case). Also, the shops, stores, and markets have alcohol gel dispensers at the entrance.

As for the masks, I wear the surgical ones when going outside for a short time, but I also wear others that look like "duck beaks" or whatever which provide longer and better protection.

Indeed! Sounds like it would fit in a classic Sonic game. 😁👍
And the funny thing is, some of the instruments I used came from those classic Sonic games! It's FAN-PINGAS-TASTIC (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)! 😉

Deflemask becoming payware? That's a bummer.
I'm sure the creator (Delek) and/or the team must've had some good reasons... and I'd fully understand if it's due to pandemic. However, people (me included) frown upon (and scorn) software developers who decided (and often out of spite) to suddenly put their new versions of Freeware applications behind paywalls. Not only it hurts few/most users and the reputation of the software that used to be (and was supposed to be) free, but selfish decisions may encourage piracy.

Usually when things like this happen, people tend to either stick with the last free version of the application or stop using it. Me? I'll stick with the last free version of it, of course... because I still like it and I can live without the so-called NeoGeo system support. Anyway, here are the reactions and comments of the people from this site about this matter.

Though I haven't learned from it's interface anyway, lol. It's a lot different from FamiTracker (and it's various forks) which I prefer using, even if it only uses NES sound hardware and it's japanese sound expansions though.

As for limited channels. Deflemask (and other chiptune trackers) were made with emulating actual sound hardwares in mind, which have their limitations (including the amount of channels).
So if you like old FM synthesis, but want unlimited channels, I suggest getting a VST plugin called VOPM (it's free) and use it on LMMS and OpenMPT.
I do know newer versions of OpenMPT have built-in support for OPL3 emulation with up to 18 FM channels.
Hmm... well, there's this TFM Music Maker (supports up to 6 channels) which seems to function a bit like DefleMask, but the interface reminds me a bit of OpenMPT.

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that limiting the channels for each system type has one purpose... to export them as a compatible format which is later imported and then used for ROM modding or homebrew ROMs... which is pretty cool. But adding an option to increase the number of channels (after putting a warning that it can't be later exported except as WAV) wouldn't be too much of a request. Regardless, I can live with that limitation... and I could (although it'd be pretty tiresome and confusing) export two or more seperate music as WAV and then merge them together as one to make it look like it used plenty of channels! 😊

Yeah, I have most FM-based VST plugins... and I already have VOPM, but sadly it doesn't have any built-in presets (unless I find and download them). Also, OpenMPT's OPL emulation is truly a great addition and can be used alongside with digital samples.

Last edited:
Level 15
Here's a new music for y'all! Made with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_On_Going_Quest (HU-4 Space Station)
LOOPED: Yes (as OGG)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played while the protagonist explores around the mysterious HU-4 space station, doing main quest stuff (if this was to be a game). The thought of being stuck (and forced to participate in a killing game) in a gigantic (and seemingly abandoned) space station orbiting close to Mars-like planet (and far from Earth-like planet) gives away a slightly spooky atmosphere.

Enjoy! 😉👍

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_On_Going_Quest (HU-4 Space Station).7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Level 16
Here's a new music for y'all! Made with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_On_Going_Quest (HU-4 Space Station)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played while the protagonist explores around the mysterious HU-4 space station, doing main quest stuff (if this was to be a game). The thought of being stuck (and forced to participate in a killing game) in a gigantic (and seemingly abandoned) space station orbiting close to Mars-like planet (and far from Earth-like planet) gives away a slightly spooky atmosphere.

Enjoy! 😉👍
Very good cool stuff! You should upload some of you work on the new Sounds Maps & Resources too! Went through a few of your previous songs, I can tell you're improving for sure! :thumbs_up:

Level 15
Thanks! My improvements wouldn't have been possible without feedback/comments from people in real/digital life (which boost my motivation), my inspirations on things I like, and ideas.

You should upload some of you work on the new Sounds Maps & Resources too!
I saw the announcement not too long ago in Hive about the new "Music & Sounds" resource section. It looks interesting, but I don't think my music would belong there unless they're Warcraft-ish and/or Starcraft-ish. Also, Hive doesn't support OGG file attachments... 😢

Even so, it's much more comfortable for me to upload my music only on this thread instead of other places/sites... I prefer simplicity over complexity.

Last edited:
Level 15
Alright, here comes another one! Done with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Investigate (Without Delay)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played after the Ultimate students were told (and forced) to investigate the murder of one of their classmates. However, not only they lack detective skills but the time they were given to look for clues and evidence at the crime scene and other places in HU-4 space station isn't long enough... and going to the class trial "empty-handed" would greatly reduce their chances not only to find out "whodunnit" but to survive. Everyone is filled with anxiety... and the most sensitive ones are filled with fear.

Happy listening! 😎

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Investigate (Without Delay).7z
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 15
Ready for more? Here's an interesting music... well, not as interesting as the next one coming soon. Produced with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Debating)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played while all the Ultimate students (both the blackened killer and the spotless innocents) debate and talk in a neutral manner at their podiums in the courtroom... presenting their arguments and clues/evidence gathered during the investigation phase, until someone is found suspicious (and later exposed as the real culprit... probably).

Have fun! 😊

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Debating).7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Level 15
Err... I hope no one will open a can of whup-ass on me for multiposting. Sorry...! 😅

Anyway, here's a more intense version of the previous music. I tried making it a bit longer, but it didn't sound just the way I wanted, so... despite it being a little short, looping it makes it sound cool. I might give it another try some other time. Produced with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Panicking)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when an Ultimate student (blackened killer or spotless innocent) is being accused and cornered by others and freaks out in pure terror (especially when no longer able to rebut), knowing that the blackened (if voted correctly) or everyone besides the blackened (if voted incorrectly) will face the inevitable execution!

"Let's rock!" 🤘😆

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Panicking).7z
    1 MB · Views: 45
Level 15
This very, very short music took me a while. Yeah, it sounds similar to those "Game over" chip music from Danganronpa games. If you don't know what I mean (or just curious), check the video within the spoiler thingy.

WARNING: Spoilers alert! Any Danganronpa player who hasn't beaten any of these games yet, do NOT watch the video!

So, here's my own version... "mah" masterpiece! However... and besides the obvious single chip instrument, I added some non-chip instruments just to make the melody more cooler and scarier (sort of looming and impending doom). "Hatched" with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Punishment_Time (Thanatophobia)
LOOPED: No (as MP3)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when an Ultimate student has been found guilty of murder and sentenced to death. As the convicted person is being forcefully dragged and taken away for execution, his/her despairing fear insanely grows all the way to the pure, unbearable, tear-inducing, agonizing, catatonic, and absolute terror! Well... except the brave ones.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's... PUNISHMENT TIIIIIME!" 😈

EDIT: Replaced the YouTube video link with other derivates due to it having been set to private.

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Punishment_Time (Thanatophobia).7z
    175.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 15
Say hello to my next music! Made with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Distrust (Danger)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played after the sadistic headmaster presented to the Ultimate students a motive (which may trigger and/or induce someone to kill one of his/her fellow classmates) and then left. Later on, the anxiety, claustrophobia, anger, depression, frustration, fear, strife, et cetera (and let's not forget despair)... each person will (or not) experience one of these negative feelings, and in the end (and when driven mad enough), one of them might snap, betray, and eventually murder somebody...

Enjoy... again! 😏

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Distrust (Danger).7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
Level 15
Another music is... "finito"! Done with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Free_Time (Hanging Out)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when the protagonist hangs out (or goes on an outing or a date) with one of the fellow classmates. While interacting, the protagonist learns more about him/her and strengthens their bond... and it's also possible that the two might fall in love--despite being forced to participate in the killing game (and fall into despair) by the bloodthirsty headmaster.

Cheers! 🍺😄

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Free_Time (Hanging Out).7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 15
Two more finished music coming right up, but the other will come pretty soon... and it's much smaller. This one is basically a remake of my old Similar_Chip_Life. It sounds nicer and longer... and a bit repetitive, too. Made with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Free_Time (Glimmer of Hope)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when the protagonist hangs out with one (or few more) of the fellow classmates, but without the pleasantries part... just deep and emotional stuff. The conversation plot involves sadness and/or the seriousness of the past and/or future events during the killing game imposed by the bloodthirsty Headmaster, and the protagonist does his best to cheer him/her up (or vice versa) with encouraging words of not giving up, not losing hope, et cetera.

Happy New Year, everyone! 🍾🥳

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Free_Time (Glimmer of Hope).7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Level 15
Here's the other one. It's based on the body discovery music heard in the video below.

And here's my own version... and it's a little longer. Done with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Body_Discovery (Traumatic Shock)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when the protagonist and few others make a shocking discovery... a corpse of a classmate. As the cutscene plays, it starts out a bit dark, then the camera moves slowly and in a creepy way (showing some bits of blood and causing some slight visual glitches) until the dead body is in view, and then... dun dun DUUUN! The folks gasp, scream, or panic! Or faint...

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, the Class Trial will begin!" 😈

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Body_Discovery (Traumatic Shock).7z
    534.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Level 15
Oookaaaaay... it's been few months, but I'm still around!

So, I've recently gotten a new, shiny, and hopefully reliable 1 TB SSD and already transfered (or cloned) everything from my old 1 TB HDD to it. Sadly, Linux can't seem to trim USB-connected SSD's, unlike the Spyware-infested OS "Windoze" 10 from "Micro$oft" (though it can't trim ext4 formatted SSD's, obviously). Regardless, this SSD thing... it's blazing fast!

Now, before I bring you yet another musical masterpiece, I'd like to point out very few things. There may be more... and maybe I'll do a voice-log-like recording next time just to satisfy everyone's curiosity of how my voice sounds like. Eh heh...! 🤭

Anyway, regarding the SoundCloud conversation from few posts ago... well, a not-so-shocking-but-still-shocking discovery has been made in the thread named "Soundcloud has crossed the line." from the LMMS forums. Good thing I didn't upload my music there, or the sound quality would've been degraded due to unwanted "mangling" on their part!

As for Google's/YouTube's antics, I'm amazed and appalled that this issue still remains unresolved almost a year... as I expected. Well, this surely means they don't give a "fudge" (no surprise there, Sherlock) and will keep on being so hell-bent on censoring and deleting every innocent people's comments on a whim for no reason whatsoever. Someday, way later or hopefully sooner, their self-destructive acts will be their inevitable doom...

Now, getting back on-topic, say "hi" to my latest creation! Popped outta LMMS by "moi".

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_On_Going_Quest (Nighttime)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played when the protagonist decides to go outside of the dormitory in the middle of the night despite the Headmaster's warning of everyone staying inside their rooms and locking their doors. So, what's the night like in the HU-4 space station? Well, the Mars-like planet is pitch-black and all the corridors and few areas are slightly illuminated by small red lights. The mixed dark and red atmosphere is much more scarier since anyone could pop out from the shadows, give the biggest scare ever, and then murder someone!

"Well, if for whatever reason you feel compelled to go outside of the dorms, then by all means proceed. But remember, it ain't safe for you humans outside during nighttime, and you're more likely to be attacked by... err... the boogeyman when you least expect it! Oh, well, don't blame me if you get eaten alive like a tasty and scrumptious human you are! Oh, yes, indeed! Meh heh heh...!" 😈

"Boogeyman... what nonsense! Creepy and sadistic little bastard that Headmaster turned out to be..." 🙄

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_On_Going_Quest (Nighttime).7z
    3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Level 15
Tomorrow is my birthday and will go out (and will return in the afternoon) with few of my friends to have some serious fun in an aquatic park. Though the entrance fee is a little bit steep, it's worth the sacrifice! Until then, another "mastahpiece" is ready to go! Done with LMMS. Y'know, I kinda wanted to make a small art illustrating a fearsome scene where this "evil" music would fit best, but my time is sooooo little! 😭

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Distrust (Ososphobia)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played few minutes after the evil Headmaster has given the Ultimate Students a very, very bad news. So, what's the bad news anyway? Well, each week, the ginormous HU-4 space station has to be supplied with plenty of important goods such as food, water, et cetera so that everyone can survive. However, the shipment that was supposed to arrive was destroyed in the asteroid field. The folks then realize the grave danger they're in now (and few even begin dismaying and despairing in fear), and until the next shipment arrives, they'll have to make an effort to eat less, because if they run out of food, they'll have no choice but to either resist hunger, starve to death, or resort to cannibalism...!

Bon appétit! Om nom nom... 🍽️

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Distrust (Ososphobia).7z
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Level 15
Time to deliver you with more music!

But before I do, allow me to say that I've been through a slightly difficult time... I was tested positive for COVID-19 on 23rd of June (and was also unvaccinated due to my personal choice--and still won't change my mind). But no worries! The symptoms I had was unlike what I had greatly feared earlier (because I sure as hell know that the damn virus "eats" our lungs alive), so what were my symptoms? And what did I mean by "slightly difficult time"? Well, I had a small fever (around 38,4 Celcius in max) and was feeling slightly light-headed for two days, and had to do a lot of nose-blowin' and loogie-hockin' just to get that nasty mucus outta my nose and throat for the remaining days. Luckily, I didn't suffer any kind of pain, but I was kinda sad and bored for having to stay at home for 10 days (had to play few PC games to keep me entertained and help me pass the time). Regardless, after that time period, I tested negative and have been feeling better! By the way, here's a small comics (of moi) illustrating how I felt and reacted when I tested positive...!

tdg_c19ohno-jpg.404377
"I admit, I was really, really scared back there. So yeah, go ahead and call me "coward", "sissy", "emo", et cetera... I don't mind it and/or I could care less. Fear is a very natural thing (though it's an extremely unpleasant feeling)... it's sort of a defensive mechanism that keeps our mind and body on full alert and prepare ourselves just in case we face any danger, threat, et cetera."

So, what do you think? If you say something nice about it, I might consider creating an Art Gallery thread in the future... now, if only I was motivated enough to draw stuff and make enough room on my table for a large drawing tablet. Anyway, this was my third attempt (the first was my avatar and the second was a picture of me holding a birthday cake) at drawing myself on a paper, scanning it, and then fixing, adding color, objects, and lighting/shadow with GIMP. I know it's not perfect, but meh... it's a cartoon-like drawing, not a super-duper-perfect one. Besides, not only I rushed this but it took me four days to finish!

Anyway, getting back on topic and without further ado, I shall now bestow upon thee... my latest creation. Done with LMMS.

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Warming Up)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played while the protagonist prepares himself for the upcoming class trial. Also, this is where the "Mr. Invisible Tutorial Guy" shows up and explains the player about this and that (if this was ever a game).

"No! We musn't despair! We must do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this... and if we fail to find out who murdered our classmate, then we're done for! Except the real killer."
sstop.gif

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Class_Trial (Warming Up).7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 15
Thank you so much, Shar Dundred.
thank_you2.gif

Now, after mustering some motivation for nearly two years, here's a new music for y'all...

TITLE: Giganotoronpa_Execution (Hellcome)
DESCRIPTION: A music from Giganotoronpa... a fan-made novel/comics (still WIP, but no comics yet) by me based on (and inspired from) Danganronpa. This music is played in three phases. One, the Ultimate student--the one who's been found guilty of murder and sentenced to death--is being prepared for the execution. Two, the psychopath/sociopath Headmaster shows up, ready to give him/her the ultimate punishment of his/her life, and then begins savagely butchering him/her in many gruesome and agonizing ways while he's/she's still alive. And three, after slaughtering the convicted person, everything settles down and goes silent in a slightly eerie way... and the remaining Ultimate students feel mortified after watching the poor sod being executed right before their eyes. And before the Headmaster leaves, he gives out menacing remarks, but his first one is:

"Now you understand how dead serious I am...!"
spiteful.gif

Attachments

• Giganotoronpa_Execution (Hellcome).7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: