1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

System Reinventing

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by IcemanBo, Oct 17, 2016.

1. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @Chaosy what about your GUI combat system? Is there still some interest? You could make an update and we could discuss further things there, in the thread, if so.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not looked at it in ages, somehow I thought it was approved.
    I'll look at it sometime tonight.

3. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There is this old thing

JASS/script.j at master · nestharus/JASS · GitHub

Best not to start an aura thing from scratch. I think that lib went through 2 years of debugging to handle a seemingly endless amount of fringe cases ;o. If anyone wants to revive it, you have my blessing ; ). Should perform faster than whatever is out there at the moment short of c#.

There are a ton of resources in my git repo that are using outdated systems or contain bugs that I never got around to fixing if anyone wants to tackle them.

There are also a few resources that are solved but nobody has coded yet.

I am likely never going to code for Warcraft 3 again : /.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Added 'Timed Capturing' and 'Unit Fusion' new attemps from @Tasyen.

5. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have a pretty configurable combat system in my unreleased systems (see signature). It's pretty modular though, so it comes out of the box only allowing you to make units enter, leave combat and check if a unit is in combat. So you have to define your own methods of entering and leaving combat.

The biggest differential feature is that it creates a unit group for each indexed unit in the map that keeps track of what units that unit is currently in combat with. I haven't seen another combat system doing this, though there might be one out there.

The test map comes with a nice pre-coded example of defining methods to leave and enter combat. It uses my Timer System.

GUI Combat System | HIVE

I haven't posted it in the spell section because I already have 5 pending systems in the first page there, so I would feel like I'm flooding it way too much.

6. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Very nice this gets remembered. You shouldn't feel bad at all. Just maybe don't have too high expectations towards its moderation speed ;D .. but you should just submit it. : )

7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Added your resource.

8. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks :D Also, I don't mind the moderation speed, as I know you guys are busy and reading other people's code can be a hassle.

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  10. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @IcemanBo Oh, hey! Don't want to bother you too much, maybe there is a reason for skipping over, but may I point your attention to this

I just found this pretty interesting thread and was looking through thinking "I can give a try to this... and this other thing... I've done one of those but never published and one for this but highly-customized" and then I saw the "CustomBunker" and thought... "Eeeeh, what is happening here?" as this was the only thing that I've published myself on THW... :|

There was this guy in WE Help Zone who said "Hey lads, how do I make a starcraft-like bunker from which each unit can shoot?" and both me & ruller thought "Hm, that may actaully be intereating to do, why isn't one out there already" and made system that supports this in a way pretty much at the same time...

11. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    No worries to bother me with participation in a thread.

Though, I'm not sure what you mean to state with linking to the resource? ;p

12. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ah, well, my spoiler contained a tl;dr explaining what I mean.

All in all, there's another bunker system out there... and if I am not mistaken tank commander has one only for moving "bunkers".

13. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I was not aware of you are speaking about an other attempt for a element of the list.

edit: then right, it's not needed anymore

14. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I should have been less sneaky ;)
    Btw, it may be worth rather putting it as a second attempt(old) as I haven't been working on that for the past 5-ish years...