• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[System] Combat State

Level 19
Can i use this system so that i won't need to import extra libraries and which will give the "in combat" units new attacking skills according to their weapon.

And the combat mode will be triggered by just a simple spell rather than being attacked. Another question is can enemies lock onto each other and move facing each other like strafing to the left or right in circular motion.

Level 31
Can i use this system so that i won't need to import extra libraries and which will give the "in combat" units new attacking skills according to their weapon.

And the combat mode will be triggered by just a simple spell rather than being attacked. Another question is can enemies lock onto each other and move facing each other like strafing to the left or right in circular motion.

Pays to read the description : ).

This allows you to detect whether a unit is in combat or not and provides events for when those units enter/leave combat. What you do with that is up to you.

This system does not give in combat units new skills. This system does not make units strafe. This system does not make units lock on to each other. It does exactly what the description said. I'm not sure where you got this stuff from ^_^. You can even check out the API.

Level 19
Pays to read the description : ).

This allows you to detect whether a unit is in combat or not and provides events for when those units enter/leave combat. What you do with that is up to you.

This system does not give in combat units new skills. This system does not make units strafe. This system does not make units lock on to each other. It does exactly what the description said. I'm not sure where you got this stuff from ^_^. You can even check out the API.

I have a nice imagination :) The question shouldve been is there a way to improve this system with those questions.

A system which will give in combat units new skills. Make units strafe. Make units face each other amd does what exactly the description didnt say.

I hope its clearer now :D

Im workin on the combo systems but i really need a combat mode for my campaign for better and easier (user friendly) gameplay for the players.

It can be extended yes. The idea is this: you would use this system to detect when a unit gets in combat, and then you would add all those skills or enable whatever triggers that allow a unit to strafe, etc. (see the demo map for an example--I think the skills only activate when you enter combat) When the unit leaves combat, you would disable those spells or those triggers for the unit that left combat.

Most of the work will be up to you (you can go to the WEHZ if you need help!), since those sorts of systems vary wildly by map. :)

If you want a GUI alternative, check this out:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-combat-system-2-0-a-256075/

It might help you get started. Just start off with something simple, e.g. add an ability when a unit enters combat and remove it when he leaves combat. Then move forward from there.