1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[System] Bonus

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Nestharus, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Laiev

Laiev

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nest, do you allow me to make a demo (updated of course) of your Bonus using non-lua? :3

2. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Do it. O_O

I'd do the same thing if I was in your shoes, so who am I to judge :p

3. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    I might end up using this; since BonusMod's lua script is apparently bugging with the cJASS parser? Has anyone else had this problem? I think it's cause of the ( inside the " " 's for the lua script or something like that.

I'd switch to this; but it'd be better if things like MovementBonus, and SetUnitMaxState libraries were made to work with this new structure somewhat.

Also a way to improve upon MovmentBonus from what i've heard -80% = no movement.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Well, actually, I am planning to update this eventually. I have the new version of this 99% written, I just have to finish it ; |. I've been procrastinating the fine bits of code ; P.

The update features better Lua code, a good SetUnitMaxState, and I've decided to include MovementBonus % as SetUnitMoveSpeed doesn't achieve the same thing or show the bonuses on that =).

5. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds good. :D

As for movement you could go for a way of using both %'s and regular numbers similar to this: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/133708-MoveSpeedX

I think movement speeds greater than 512 would be fine; but isn't required. Maybe setting a cap that would change the code a bit would work even better.

6. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can't go above 522 unless you use timers. I'm not including anything except for bonuses that use generated abilities in this script =p

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. Laiev

Laiev

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    522 is the limit of Warcraft :p

8. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yea, I was really tired when I wrote that ;P, so I just wrote whatever number was posted ;D

9. Dirac

Dirac

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nes if it isn't much to ask, please add support for "raw damage" bonus using the item bonus damage ability, it would come in handy to know the current attack damage of a unit if it's fully coded up from 0.

10. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sure : )

Just keep in mind that I really want to finish my interactive save/load tut first : P

Doing a lot with advanced catalog filters right now. After those are written, got one more algorithm to write. After that, finish the lessons on all of the stuff and done ^_^.

11. Berb

Berb

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wow all these systems re-writes are completely useless. Why don't you just use what is already available and release this "map" of yours? If optimization is required, then work from there. Don't work on optimization before you even have a product to optimize.

I would rather have a fun map to play than dozens of libraries that don't provide anything more than what is already available. Not to mention the resources section is just becoming cluttered with crap that I've already seen. It would be nice to see libraries in the JASS section that are actually useful, not cluttered with all this crap.

If copyrights were enforced on Warcraft III modding, you would be in violation of many. You're simply taking what someone has already wrote and then applying tiny optimizations here and there. You don't support credit to anybody who made these systems first, but then you act as if it is purely all your own work. I could re-invent the wheel and call it "my" invention but that would be ridiculous. That's what all of this rewritten crap is. Ridiculous.

I'm really sick of seeing all these Nestharus submissions that don't provide the community with anything they did not already have. You just make it harder for people to work with you because you've got your own versions of everything that people consider standard.

12. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    All I can say is that every Bonus library, including this one, is written incorrectly. I do have a planned update that will address this issue, but I just haven't been in the mood to write it :\.

edit
    Notice the Needs Work in thread title.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  13. Berb

Berb

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Well that's helpful. I immediately retract my previous statement.

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hello Nestharus, did you know this thread was already open or did you send me the wrong thread?

Anyway, make sure you keep it at 4 levels maximum for the bonus, because that way the bonus abilities can be converted to *.SLK files.

15. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I can't make that happen for you. It adds too much complexity to the code, complexity that I frankly don't feel like dealing with.

edit
    And 2.0.0.0 is out. I still really want to be able to have users be able to pass in custom code for Bonuses, but that'd require triggers, so this is the best it's going to be ^)^. This is how a Bonus lib should be written ;D.

16. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You just use powers of 10 - 1, 10, 100, 1000.

To figure out how much to add, find the log10 value the user is requesting, or use the StringLength(I2S(integer)) trick.

17. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The only other update I'm going to do on this is checking if v is equal to the current bonus, which is a very tiny update that I am too tired to apply right now.

sooo, in short, here is my list of answers that are never going to change

no to custom code bonuses like Bonus at wc3c

no

no

There is no point arguing anything above as my answers are going to firmly remain no. End of discussion.

This resource is completely ready for approval. The only update I'm planning is just a speed increase for handling 0 change cases (couple of lines of code) (very slight, but helpful in the map I'm working on).

18. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just by saying "no" is a pretty retarded euphemism for being lazy with this resource, to be honest.

19. cohadar

cohadar

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Nestharus][Needs Willpower] Bonus

20. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's not laziness in the slightest and those are my final answers. The 10s idea is a special hell no..

I'm not gong to spend my time making the resource crappy with bad ideas.

10s is beyond horrible and I will never do it. I'm not going to spam the map with hundreds of objects to cut loop size down a tiny bit... if you think that like -5 iterations is worth it for like 30+ objects per buff, then you are crazy, unless you somehow think that you can add the same ability multiple times now.

This drastically complicates the code, increases object count substantially (+1 for every extra object), and slows down the speed of the code, hence my no.