• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SweetRevenge

----------
Imago_ Presents
----------

Sweet Revenge
Created by Imago_
with help from Lockheart
SR-Banner.png

SRs-gameinfo.png

What a family affair. Our once so close sister didnt hesitate to stab us when she had the chance to. It seems she underestimated our will power.
What ever was her reason... I just want to see her and her allies dead.

Explore and enjoy this lovely terrained 1-2 player suited RPG map.

SRs-features.png

Choose one out of three unique heroes. Alleria the agility based range hero, her sister Vereesa, a strength based melee battle maiden, or their arch mage Kael'thas, the intelligence based ruler of magical destruction to stroll through these corrupt lands for a last time.

SR-orb01.png
6 unique spells for every hero
SR-orb02.png
Choose 1 out of 6 star signs with the rune stones
SR-orb03.png
Custom spell system with 2 possible upgrades for ea spell
SR-orb04.png
Custom alchemy system for brewing out of 12 various heroic potions
SR-orb01.png
Comfortable backpack system for secondary equipment and ingredients
SR-orb02.png
Shared income for creeps and drops
SR-orb03.png
Damage detection system
SR-orb04.png
Entertaining cinematic clips while exploring the adventure
SR-orb01.png
Various hidden secrets and events
SR-orb02.png
Interface changes for an appropriate atmosphere: cursor, menu and music!
SR-orb03.png
Several uncommon quests leading you closer to your longed for revenge
SR-orb04.png
Custom equipment system with 2 possible upgrades for ea hero specific items such as:

Duell Mode: When you're 2 players and you've beaten the map the both of you can write "-duell" to activate a duell mode inside of Maedros' cathedral halls.
This way you can fight for the place of the true vanquisher! To leave simply write "-duell off"

Alleria: bow, quiver, leatherchest | Vereesa: sword, shield, mailchest | Kael'thas: staff, book, clothchest

SRs-recordings.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SR-01.jpg

SR-02.jpg

SR-03.jpg

SR-04.jpg

SR-05.jpg

SR-06.jpg

SR-07.jpg

SR-08.jpg

SR-09.jpg

SR-10.jpg

Image Description:
The Starting Area

SR-00.jpg

Image Description:
User Interface

SR-GP.jpg

SRs-credits.png

Models:
Icons:
Tutorials/Systems:
Other:

SRs-note.png

I would like to share my undead themed map with you. I'm an ordinary warcraft fan that put a lot of work and time into this game and I hope you will enjoy this. I tryed to keep it as close to Warcraft as possible. If I used your materials and I forgot to put you on the credits list send me a PM with the filename and I'll add you asap. Feel free to help me improving my mapping abilities with either your positive or negative criticism.

Keywords:
2 player, rpg, quest, adventure, horror, fanmade, sweet, revenge, sweet revenge
Contents

SweetRevenge (Map)

Reviews
12:24, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Gameplay, Terrain, and other aspects of the game is amazing, although the cons of this map is when you press the Esc button and it takes some seconds before you can control your hero again. Map approved for recommended.

M

12:24, 30th Mar 2014
Orcnet: Gameplay, Terrain, and other aspects of the game is amazing, although the cons of this map is when you press the Esc button and it takes some seconds before you can control your hero again. Map approved for recommended.

Level 10
Thank you for the reply Legal_Ease, I lend a hand with description and screenshots and I'm glad you like it.

Imago_ did a fabulous job with terraining, events and gameplay.
I played it quiten often now while testing and it always was a big fun.

Edit: Gathered most of the credits. Check 'em out! They really earn them.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm really searching for ways to improve the map but it's great. The only thing that's needed is a regeneration fountain or something, I have to wait a lot of time doing nothing just so the potion recharges. Some info about the game at the quests menu would be also helpful, some tips maybe?

I am still lvl 10 but map is very promising

Level 10
Well we thought a regeneration fountain wouldn't fit to 'heal' the undead heroes and it originally was intented to fit especially for 2 players,
however you should be able to play it solo if you care and make use of the potion.

After reading your post I thought a map could be helpful, so I created one and Imago_ will place it into the map description above.
I marked all the quests, besides main quest since you can't miss it. Notice that I didn't mark the secret spots/events.

I hope you can make use of this map. Klick it to enlarge! (You start at the bottom right area)

Level 6
Thank you! Finished the map yesterday it was really fun. Found 2 bugs:

-burning armor can't upgrade to lvl 3
-after we kill Sylvanas nothing happens
-She has a bug where the animation plays over and over again.

Some thoughts: (we played with archer and tank)

-Game is very hard in the begging but very easy after you get to bandits.
-Items need balancing. The first sword is the strongest and you start the game with it.Why not start the game with a "simple" sword and armor, and you change it later? Or you could allow later items to upgrade to higher lvls. First slot lvl 3, second lvl 4 third lvl 5.
-Potions are useless. I was a tank and the first potion was necessary. Also would like to start with something weaker and upgrade from there.
-You can kite every boss, makes it very easy to kill them.

Maybe I remember more, these are my first thoughts.

EDIT: if you don't want a heal fountain, than maybe something more..."undead like"? after you kill an enemy it heals 10 hp AoE or something. Or you get souls from each that you can use as a potion or buff .

Level 10
Thanks man. Feels good to read you had much fun! :)
I also want to thank you for your suggestions. We'll keep them in mind!

I also want to tell you a special I forgot to mention!
When you're 2 players and you've beaten the map the both of you can write "-duell" to activate a duell mode inside of Maedros' cathedral halls.
This way you can fight for the place of the true vanquisher! To leave simply write "-duell off"

Level 12
hey, i played the map with robizeratul. How to reach the top right spot? Map showed that there are still creeps but we couldnt figure out how to get there. Plus what about those booksshelves, is there a riddle behind them? and speaking about riddles, you definitly should implement some.

Level 10
hey, i played the map with robizeratul. How to reach the top right spot? Map showed that there are still creeps but we couldnt figure out how to get there. Plus what about those bookshelves, is there a riddle behind them? and speaking about riddles, you definitly should implement some.

Hey! There are some riddles, but they are pretty well hidden. For those bookshelves...
I can tell that you've got to collect the propper book for each bookshelve. There are spread 4 books around the world.

There's also a hidden boss in a cave north west of the map.
You might miss him since he's no main target.

The creeps you are speaking of are bosses and other creeps that spawn once they've been activated, for example due to a quest.
Theres no way to walk there.

Last edited:
Level 6
I collected the 4 books and tried to drop them on the pedestals in the middle but it didn't work. I think it's either a bug or a different secret...

Will you be making more heroes for this map? would add a lot of replay value

Level 14
I collected the 4 books and tried to drop them on the pedestals in the middle but it didn't work. I think it's either a bug or a different secret...

Will you be making more heroes for this map? would add a lot of replay value

I see, well this is a bit tricky. You've got to place the books next to the bookshelf.
Afterwards you've got to select one of the shelfs by klicking it and you'll see their inventory.
You've got to pick them up with this inventory.

Maybe this will be changed soon. Right now I'm working on something different. You'll see it once I'm done.

Last edited:
Level 5
Consider putting a fountain of life/healer at the "bases". It really is frustrating to sit around doing nothing waiting for the potion cooldown. Waited 5 full minutes to full heal at level 20 against first boss, then he locks my skills and kills me in 5 seconds.... I eventually killed him, dying 3 times in the process therefore loosing a good chunk of my money and rage-quitted as I would've gone insane running around trying to get the money back from creeps for the potion I wanted to make (had 330 before boss, needed 400).

I really don't see the point in not including a 'fountain of life'-ish thing, so you can at least go back to graveyard, chill around for a few seconds and be at full health/mana.

The only way I was able to keep my life and mana up was between lvl 10-20, where I had enough mana to kill enough mages to get to the next level and get the level-up-heal.

I checked, I was playing for around 3 hours, 2 of which consisted mainly of running away/hit-and-run/standing around - waiting for potion cooldown.

A "rest" ability as found in "Chosen Ones" and "To The Bitter End" and some other games would be a welcome alternative.

I actually have many good things to say about this map... I guess I'll restart and see if the strength hero has more survivability, but since the endless wait for healing is especially present in the beginning I don't feel like doing it right away.

The Graphics are beautiful, I love the way the ravens suddenly appear on lvl 10 (Agi-Hero), the design and layout of the map is stunning and the exploration value is high. Well, I will fully review this one as soon as I get back to and finish it.

Great Work

Krolan
The Twisted

Level 12
The Description is like...... ≥Ö‿Ö≤
The Gameplay looks cool, but ima gonna wait until a Moderator have looked into this and yes.
The terrain looks..... ٩(●̮̃•)۶
Interface...... (─‿‿─)

Overall it should be a good gameplay but im waiting!
see ya! \ (•◡•) /

Level 5
Hive Journey

Played it through, didn't make it to the end cinematic though because of a bug. Killed the final boss anyway, so I consider it finished.

Gameplay - [++] ([0] as a singleplayer)
Story - [+]
Characters (+NPC) - [+]
Graphics - [+++]
Exploration - [+++]
Quests - [++]
Layout - [+++]
Items - [++]
Bugs - [+]

Full Review

3/5 - Vote for approval

Level 3
As someone mentioned earlier:

- Can't upgrade to level 3 of the Burning Armor (for the strength hero)
- The final cinematic with Sylvanas gets triggered over and over (think you forgot to turn it off or destroy it after it's triggered the first time)
- After you kill Sylvanas, nothing happens,
- Several quests "Complete" inside the quest description, but aren't marked as complete
- When you hit f10, just about all of the custom icons turn green ... same thing happens when you are fighting Maedros...maybe it's one of his spells that stun you? Anyway, icons turn green, so maybe they need disbuttons?

Nice map. Needs a tiny bit more polish, and then it will be great.
I agree with people that cooldown on your starting potion is too long, and that you have to wait around a lot at the beginning. I went in circles killing wolves for a long time before I even tried to fight the Flesh Golem, and that worked out well for me (I managed to avoid dying to him), but still, a LOT of waiting around at the start.

Level 3
I beat it in single player mode (with the strength hero), but it was definitely tedious at the beginning. I had to be patient for probably about 30 minutes, and then once I got strong enough to kill the flesh golem after that the difficulty was pretty good.

Level 5
Just play on, you'll discover...

Well, before you feel unanswered: You get spells as you level up, you upgrade spells with skillpoints provided ONLY as Quest-Reward

Level 3
When your hero levels up, you get bonus stats.
Automatically every few levels you learn a new spell (I think it's something like new spell at level 1/3/5/7/9/11).

If you want to "upgrade" a spell, you have to buy those upgrades from the acolyte with a book floating over his head. It cost one purple soul for each upgrade, and you get purple souls by completing quests.

You can level up each skill all the way to it's "max level" of 3 without waiting for the others. That's why the game gets easier around level 4-5...because you get a level 2 and then level 3 skill, and then your level 3 skill crushes early enemies.

Level 1
I'm having a bit of a problem with "Mortal Remains" quest. I have all 3 skulls. I tried to put them on the graves @ the beginning, but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Level 2
Agreed beginning could use another health recovery option for single player

Perhaps a blood fountain rather than a normal fountain?
Or an unholy aura on the vendor in forgotten cemetary? (doesn't have to give much even 0.2 health per second would help)
Or purchasable out of combat consumables to restore health
Or some natural regeneration.

Or i guess i can try a public game and hope someone joins without quitting and that i don't get bored and want to resume later doesn't sound ideal either though.

*edit* Well things work out much nicer once you kill butcher with strength hero (the damage reduction can make it so you take no damage at all from smaller wolves)--the pace now seems like a different game---much improved

Also confirmed Quest log bug for some of last quests (Stop the inquisition! says quest completed instead of quest started at top but never counts as wc3 completed nor does the sub-objective to wait for further instructions from kel'thuzad; Sylvanus Wildrunner quests never gets credit for killing Sylvanus; and Bandit problems never gets counted as completed by wc3 despite quest text changing and only objective--killing 15 bandits--being completed--rewards work though)

And confirm the Sylvanus bugs (cinematic that will keep playing if you move to location again and her death not counting towards anything.

Other than the few bugs and the difficulty roughspots for soloing (and yeah not how you intended it to be played) a really well made game with some neat spells.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's quite good although there are some really annoying bugs especially what relates to cinematics:
-the quest fresh meat appears two times and only one completes
-the bandit problem quest has issues with doubling and not completing. One of them has a the main objective changed to completed (15 bandits killed) but the ques does not appear as completed
-when meeting Sinderian the cinematic starts without the enemy units being paused. Your units can't move or do anything for 5 or so seconds while the enemy attacks
-three times did the Sylvanas start cinematic begin while battling her (while this happened all units were paused and Vereesa's slicers still cut through nearby enemies). After she dies the cinematic continues to start if the players are in that region. Nothing other than that happens, the game does not continue with its purposed event
-units are still selected during cinematics

-Alleria's ravens attack enemies from a distance that they do not come to retaliate. This also happens after using the attack (E) spell
-Vereesa's slicer nova/immolation spell hotkey (E) does not work
-Blazing Armor's level 2 still shows 5 damage like level 1
-each strength point increases hit point regeneration by 1 (so it says) but in reality it does not do so
-does the evasion moonsign work with the Phatom Skin armor evasion?
-does critical strike from Eagle Eye work with the one from Sharp Arrows?
-Spirit Arrow (level 1) freezes the game for several seconds after using the ability

-bosses and enemy units do not regenerate. The game is easily exploited this way
-experience is spread at higher distances. If an ally dies it will be left with a lower level or lesser experience than players that didn't die
-when wanting to take something out of the backpacks the hero does not move like it does when doing so from the owned inventory
-the hero is not teleported if it is in the portal zone after it selected a moonsign. Getting out of the region and in again teleports the hero

-when the game is paused the spells appear as green squares

I have to write that it was an inspiring map nevertheless.

Last edited:
Level 1
I've found funniest bug and broke my gameplay process with it. Here it is, sweet sheeps revenge:
Vereesa_Stuck.jpg
To be short: used CHAAARGE!! on poor cattle. And stuck there.

Last edited:
Level 5
Level 6
I played this with someone and noticed a few things that would make the game a bit smoother.

My natural reaction was placing items on the graves/bookshelves the same way you give items to other Heroes or sell them to shops.
Some quests/hidden events can't be activated because of the need to put items into the inventory of enemy objects. With no clue at all how to do this, it felt kinda bad there was more to be explored but impossible to reach due to this mistake. It can easily be fixed by making everything you want the player to put an item in be an ally of the player. If you want it not getting attacked by enemies of the player take it easy and make the objects Neutral Passive.

Ability buttons turn green when you're hit by Maedros or when you press F10 or the like.
Fix this with DISbuttons.
There was a very annoying bug where a quest triggers twice when the 2 players walk into the area on different times.
Fix this with putting Trigger - Turn off <this trigger>
at the start of the entering region trigger.
Also, when I press Esc to skip a cinematic, I have to wait for the trigger to finish before all units are unpaused again.
Fix this with putting Unit - Unpause all units
in the trigger where you exit the cinematic.

Surely having no regen was quite exciting, having to watch your HP in fights. And I get that you're undead and all; ''healing'' isn't really a thing among them, but waiting tens of thousends of minutes for your only way of recovering health to get off cooldown is abhorrent. The Undead in the casual game have Blight they can heal on. Maybe an idea to use that instead of a Fountain?

I liked the fighting part and the skills, but the walking is terrible. It takes a really, REALLY long time to get from point to point. Place some teleporters at important locations to avoid unnecessary agitation and waiting.

Still some fixes required for the things others mentioned earlier like fr0ggE summed up. Other than that, it was kind of interesting to play and I like the setting and theme.
If you apply these changes I'd even recommend it to other people if only they would play War3 :< :<

Good work!
:ogre_haosis: