• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swedish Pirate Party Wins a Seat in the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
attachment.php

Swedish Pirate Party Wins a Seat in the European Union

"The Swedish Pirate Party—Piratpartiet—has got a seat in the European Union parlament. The ballots are still being counted—almost done now—but with 7.1% of the votes, it's a sure thing. Aaaaaaaarrrrr is all I can say."

Credit to Gizmodo for the pirated image and text.

If you're interested you could read go over to TorrentFreak to get more details.

Discuss if you'd like.

Attachments

• tpb.jpg
    tpb.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 270
Level 8
Gotta respect those swedes..

Going to post one of these smileys too: :pir:

edit. Who you think would win if Swedish pirates and Somalian pirates would fight?

Level 16
That's just awesome.

Sooner or later the pirates will take over the internetz or if it fails build an invisible underground network.

Another awesome thing about this, is that if these guys did not participate in the election many of their votes would instead have gone to a xenophobic party who has also gaining some support in Sweden through the latest years.

It may even have been so that PP prevented them from getting a seat at the EU, which is nothing to look down on :)

Level 19
Another awesome thing about this, is that if these guys did not participate in the election many of their votes would instead have gone to a xenophobic party who has also gaining some support in Sweden through the latest years.

It may even have been so that PP prevented them from getting a seat at the EU, which is nothing to look down on :)

But because Pirate Party is a lot more popular and fan promoted I think they deserved it. They'll get a lot more public attention which I think is great.

Level 16
But because Pirate Party is a lot more popular and fan promoted I think they deserved it. They'll get a lot more public attention which I think is great.

Yeah. Yet a lot of the Young voters we're about to vote for the xenophobic one, but when PP came as a option, many of them chose to vote for PP instead, which is good, since xenophobia is a really bad thing IMO.

Level 19
xenophobia = a fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners

The party is named "Sverigedemokraterna" which is basically "the Sweden democrats" or something.

Basically their ideology is to blame it all on foreigners :p
They're like.. A light form of racism I guess.

Reminds me of Hitler's party...

I agree with Viikuna on having a free internet with full of love and joy! Jk! Nha, the internet is a warzone with hackers and such... But by making everything free they'll have a harder time!

Status
Not open for further replies.