• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SWAT: Aftermath 1.10

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Yet another zombie shoot them up survival map with an IQ requirement of 1? I do not think so! In fact this is the very opposite, where you have to use tactics to outcome physical power and brains over brawn.

Welcome to SWAT aftermath, one of the greatest and most well thought through and bug free maps ever created. The current versions of this map are of near unmatchable quality and few flaws can be pointed out by even the best of testers. Once into it, it will provide at least a few games of enjoyment even for players who are not fans of the genera of this map but on average you will easily find your self getting addicted to this map and even forgetting about other maps.

Basically like all maps of the type, survival is a must but on top of that you must complete 3 objectives to win. Do not think this is a cake walk thou, since mobs are more aggressive and smarter than your normal mobs in other maps and, on top of that, they can 3 hit kill you with easies. Worse still, they can even spawn behind, next to or in front of you from the various buildings around Recoon city and to make survival even harder, insane bosses will try and rip your hearts out with 1 hit kill damage.

Do not think how ever that is enough to stop you since, after all, you are the SWAT team. Your latest and best survival system is your Nanites, which will reduce the damage you receive by draining your power, even to such a degree that the strongest mobs will struggle damaging you. Who says you need to take damage in the first place, by letting other players take the damage for you, you can use your anti mob moves to an extreme efficiency making short work of the largest mob. To top all this, your also can use special class skills, which when combined with tactics and team work, become totally lethal to any poor undead opposing you. So those undead better be planning something bad in their graves, since otherwise they will be returning to them before they can even stand up.

The game has a complex character system that enables you to customize your hero out of 9 classes, 3 armor types, dozens of traits and many sub abilities. After completing games, you will be given a code which will reload your hero for action again, maybe even stronger than it was before. There are also multiple super items located around the city which grant you supreme power in the fields they help. With these odds do the zombies even stand a slightest bit of a chance against you!?

Sadly yes, since they have one weapon with them that you do not, the difficulty setting.
Normal difficulty is easy, even newbies will find it pretty easy to get used to and to be able to win if they work as a team.
Hard is where the noobs get separated from the pros. Although still easy, you can no longer joke around in it unless you really know what you are doing.
Insane is not for anyone without a plan, careful organization and team work is needed to win this difficulty, and even still victory is not certain.
Nightmare is for the pros who want a challenge. Not only skill is needed but luck also since the zombies are infinitely superior to those even seen in hard difficulty.
Extinction is for the homicidal pros who want a near never winnable challenge. Only with the extremist of luck, the best of playing skills and the most "l33t" build of SWAT team will you be able to win this near impossible difficulty.

Your objectives are, reduce the radiation levels, as quickly as possiable to avoid over exposure. Revive some undead zombies by pumping them with drugs and shipping the civilians formed back to the capital. Finally restore power by feeding enough energy to the failed reactors to get them going again. Order of the objectives is not important but do not think Umbrella will let you through with this that easily. When you least expect it they might send their latest toy, the Tyrant to gut you where it really hurts or worse, their mega elite commando platoons equipped with the same weapons and training you are using . You also may have to sell hazardous containers around the city to A.B.M.s so that the radiation levels can be lowered, but this does need power first.

Although no Player verses Player (PvP) is in this map, you do have a survival mode where you have to just survive with no tasks. This is still not easy thou.

May your team be blessed and your undead foes cursed.

---[Tips]---
Nanites are crucial! Turn on the mana shield like spell (spell icon located in middle row second to right box) ASAP or you may find yourself pushing up the daises rather than your living-dead foes.
Always play on normal if your playing with no one who has played before until you know how to play decently and some of the more advanced tips of this map as hard is still easy but not that easy.
Be kind on other beginners since you were also one once, although some may not be at all suited to play this game.
Maxing nanites is the only way to be able to receive a decent number of hits before dying. This also leaves you with more mana for abilities if accidently hit.
Lead your group carefully, you can easily get surrounded and butchered if not careful.
Rather run and fight another day than fighting and being killed.
Do not solo unless you know what you are doing, this is a team work game.
Code rank does help, keeping codes is recommended.
Ammo upgrades are finite, choose who to use them wisely.
Watch out for living dead spawning underneath your feet while inside rooms. Countless have perished in this unforgiving way.
Most important of all tips is to work as a team. This is a team game and so being selfish will be your downfall.
------------------

---[Change Log]---
------------------
Version 1.8.1
------------------
Added cooldown to all levels of Plasma Rounds.
Increased the permanent boss armor reduction from Incendiary Rockets.
Reduced effectiveness of Courage talent.
Improved Masamune item.
ChronoTech crate spawns in Survival.
Added restrictions to mini-boss spawns.
Reduced the number of Commandoes spawned by Nemesis.
Redesigned impact of ground zero radiation fragment.
Fixed mobs getting extra upgrade if NM/EXT activated too quickly.
Fixed top-left item not dropping from dead heroes.
Fixed Robodog energy exploit.
------------------
Version 1.8
------------------
Added Hidden Talents.
Redesigned Mind Rot ability to be less performance intensive.
Unimproved Confidence ability.
Fixed Mind Slay cooldown bug.
Reduced movement speed of Mecha Mutt.
Increased energy cost of shadow pack.
Added Retrieve Items ability to robodogs.
Changed Cadet training time and levelup process.
Improved Plasma Rounds ability.
Reduced rockets damage against Nanites by 66%.
Improved BioChemical Energy ability.
Replaced Create Claymore ability with Gear Mod. ability.
Improved M.I.R.V. ability.
Improved Place C4 ability.
Improved Adrenaline ability.
Improved Rapid Therapy ability.
Improved toughness of Mending Stations.
Added Antipersonnel Rounds ability to all medics.
Improved Pack Rat trait.
Increased movement speed bonus of Cybernetics spec.
Changed bonus of Chemistry specialization.
Added Empathy to mavericks.
Significantly reduced movement speed penalty of Rez. Sickness.
Added permanent experience gain penalty to death.
Super Mutants react to high damage sooner on Nightmare and Extinction.
Super Mutants no longer react to high damage from Mind Slay or Inc. Rocket.
Defeating Godzilla awards 1 skill point.
Reduced base cost of Cargo Bot item and made the unit tougher.
Added new items for high intelligence heroes.
Changed Flare Gun to be a consumable item.
Increased cost of bandages.
Rebalanced all stim pack type items.
Lab. Locker's Construct Item ability will also check stowed circuit boards.
Changed item stock quantities and replenish rates.
Scaled quantity of item crates based on player count.
Scaled-down time-based effects on mob movement speed and boss spawn frequency.
Rescaled challenge level of various aspects of Extinction difficulty.
Finished implementing Nemesis encounter.
------------------

-----[Support]-----
Visit the official site and support forums at http://www.redscull.com/swat/ .

This download is provided and kept up-to-date by The Hive Workshop.

If this download is not up-to-date, please inform a moderator to update it.

Keywords:
zombies, resident evil, aftermath, swat, save, load, shooter, marines, survival
Contents

SWAT: Aftermath 1.10 (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: A very good map, played hundreds of games of it and still am not bored of it. Easy to learn and very fun, this definatly is a must play type of map, atleast to experience a well made map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
For the last time, this is an old version of the map. I can no longer update it.

Firstly, make sure you are patched to the lattest version of WC3 by logging into battlenet.
Secondly go to their offical website and download the map off there (lattest version is on forums always).

I then garuntee it to work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Because the map was very well pollished for years. It must have been the longest running map I know next to DotA having gone through hundreds of versions and lots of ballencing. It only started falling appart with the last few patches.

This has to be the WC3 map I spent the most time playing, and a lot of people did the same. Thus why directors cut due to its extreem life. It is still hosted every day infact.

Level 1
That is exactly how I feel about this game. Looking back, I pretty much bought WC3 for SWAT: Aftermath... And I would certainly pay for a retail version. There aren't any AAA games that are quite like this. The closest (and still far off) would be something like Alien Swarm or Alien Breed... but even those are at most 4 players. I've been waiting for something like this to come out in SC2. Nothing even remotely close in quality. There are tons of boring zombie survival maps... but nothing like Swat. Really wish Redscull ported this. But wait! You said this map was still being hosted? Do people still play? I gave up on WC3 since it was boring clicking refresh for half an hour to try to find a game of Swat... (I wasn't able to host on my new computer)

Level 1
Well yes, I didn't expect a SWAT of the same quality to emerge so soon, but I was hoping to see a map project that is going the same direction as SWAT gameplay wise. As SWAT was underdevelopment for some 5 years, it isn't unreasonable that there would be projects working towards a SWAT-esque map right now. I just haven't found any yet. NotD: Spec Ops is probably the closest thing, but it's just not the same.

Level 1
If people are still interested in this, there are 2 public game hosts bots, they multi-realm the games and they are located both in east and west servers,(i don't know the others) the name of bots so you can track them: MindBlink and Bloodsbenign.
Also, join channel SWAT in east/west because people generally stay there, and both PUBLIC and PRIVATE game bots are there, also swat people stay around there.

There is a ventrilo channel which people use to play pins/nightmares and sometimes extinction, check this ventrilo channel, here is the info:

IP: vent64.light-speed.com
Port Number: 7177
Owner is DragonRiderX, both clan 151 and clan SWAT(active clans) have people in this ventrilo channel.

I'll also leave some URLs you guys might want to check it out:

Some info about game-> http://redscull.com/swat/readmeafter.html
Wiki of the game-> http://swatam.wikispaces.com/
Forum-> http://redscull.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Since you have to get codes to load higher ranks you get, i HIGHLY recommend you to use this tool to make easier the code saving, also you can build heroes with traits/specs you already ranked up and the accounts are never destroyed, basically if don't log in for 1 month it just doesn't count on the Rank system, but anytime you join again it will count once again and your codes will be there.

Level 2
Dr Super Good, thank you. Have downloaded it from official site/
Is it the last version I've got from there?

Last edited:
Level 1
Oh man...I used to play this game so much with my friends.We owned this map and it never got old.Best zombie map for me.

Level 9
Dude, you might want to check again your giant Infernal boss. Just reduce the radiation below 25, fight that Infernal, BAM! The radiation goes up again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Dude, you might want to check again your giant Infernal boss. Just reduce the radiation below 25, fight that Infernal, BAM! The radiation goes up again.
The infernal boss increases radiation by 20 while alive. On higher difficulties he will also sleep the entire team periodically (usually as he spawns and when you fight him), cast a rad bolt that deals 2k+ damage, has insane armor (although recently nerfed) so is hard to kill and will release super rad gargs (or normal rad gargs at lower difficulties) when killed as well as dropping some rad fragments (which decay over time). When killed his 20 radiation is removed near instantly but he may have spawned other sources of radiation that require eradication.

He is quite a weak boss as long as you have a few mechanical units to keep the team awake. He is annoying due to high health but his DPS is far from anything special. Super Mutant boss is considerably worse as you can easily crit him into enraged mode which makes him invulnerable and immune to all damage for a while. Godzilla is also worse for having even more health and huge AoE energy degeneration aura. Sludge monster is also worse since he periodically goes invulnerable and spams tentacles everywhere dealing high damage.

Let us not forget the Umbrella Commandos boss which spawns a pack of merciless long ranged invisible units that will hunt you down. They are virtually immune to ion cannon and mini-nuke as they will dodge (although this is of advantage as it brings them out of mob into range). However unless you ion their bodies they will be able to chain resurrect. This boss has lost more games for me than any other boss.

Also radiation of 25 is hardly an achievement. That is the level you get to 20 minutes into a pinsane game. In 30 minutes you can reach near 0 radiation with a good team and some luck (not too many Rad Monsters spawning to boost up radiation count).

Level 9
Wow, never met the Godzilla or Umbrella Commander. How do I met them? (Don't worry, my team is profesionally profesionalists)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Umbrella Commandos spawn usually once or twice a game. They are only really a threat in Survival and Nightmare where they often come as part of a double boss spawn.

Godzilla is more random and usually appears once every 10 games. Uber Godzilia only spawns on Extinction difficulty as is considerably tougher than his normal version.

Don't worry, my team is profesionally profesionalists
Then you will have already met them. Umbrella Commandos or Commies as are called by regular players are a common boss spawn that occurs about as often as the new slime boss or Super Mutant. They are only a threat on Survival and Nightmare (Extinction obviously included) where they can chain revive. In insane they can be hard to kill but as long as your team has not dropped you should have little problems.

Level 2
Am not sure if what I got map is what should be the latest version..
Map name is: SwatAfter110.w3x so I'm thinking it is not updated since the description in this page says it is version 1.8.1. (on change log)

before anything else, I want to ask, is it really made to be Dalaran ruins tileset? Not an imported tile? and the hero marine is also a warcraft model and not an imported one? Just wanna make sure that I downloaded the right one.

Last edited:
Level 1
Huh, I didn't even realize SWAT was still listed on this site. And always updated to the lasest version... neat.

Sorry about 1.8 coming so soon after 1.7.1. I've gotten into a cycle of releasing new versions in pairs. First I make a version that adds tons of content that I think is pretty polished, then after 1-3 days of feedback, I typically release a followup with the few remaining bugs ironed out. Some things are just too hard or time-consuming to find on my own.

To those of you enjoying the game, I'm happy to hear it. And if you don't, I hope you find another game you do enjoy. =)
Hello there friend I like your map I enjoyed the mechanics and the gameplay but sadly I cannot save my progress in single player I kindly ask if you can fix it so that I can play it as long as I want without any problems and I like the mechanics where you can control your allies if they are computer player and I hope it will stay that way.