• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~Sverkerman's Professional Terraining Thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Mike: Yellow is the most beautiful color.
Eric: No, you are entirely wrong Mike, blue is actually the most beautiful color.
Mike: but...
Eric: SHUT UP!

Has nothing to do with it. Your terrains need contrast and definition. You can easily add those by adding colors that aren't around in the environment.
The color scheme of a piece should be balanced. That's all.
If you don't respect that, then you're never going to make it anywhere in any art tranche.

I believe the situation we have here is "Trollimus Classicus". Basically, Devine comes in, says some troll random bullshit, and Sverkerman follows him like a blind rat.
Also Devine, I'm sorry for ruining your fun. I'm trying to now.
What the bloody hell are you on about? Are you mocking my opinions?

Level 30
Devine do not push it too far. I do not want to hear such things as "f you don't respect that, then you're never going to make it anywhere in any art tranche."

You believe you know more about art than I do? You dare talk to me like that after I give you advice? What kind of arrogant brat are you? I shall retreat from this thread at once. If you can show the courtesy of apologizing, I might consider giving you feedback again.

truevisionorpg2.png

Is that supposed to be an ancient temple or something? Maybe some broken walls would make it look more natural and maybe add a green color to the walls.
Also the less wider archways look really weird, the one going into the roof of that hallway looks way off. And I hope there's some kind of green fog in-game.
The archways aren't precisely played either, holes here and there, hope you'll fix those. Also add sky omg¨!!!!11!!"p3

And also, I don't really want to join the drama-lama discussion, but at least remove this part ' I am one of the best terrainers known to Warcraft 3.' from your description to stop the discussion. If you think you're one of the best, then that's fine, but you shouldn't say that on a forum like that, that would be just arrogant. I do agree with the other users, but I'm not going to insult you in any way, I'm just trying to help everyone here, well not everyone, but some trololololololol.

Your terrains look really messy, but I'm sure you're on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.