• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SvD v2.1

Information SvD is a cat and mouse game similar to Island Defense, Troll vs Elves and Vampirsm Fire. SvD was put into development phase 2012-04-03 and released to the public 2013-08-07. The aim with the map is to have a low filesize, system rich map with easy-to-learn gameplay containing a lot of depth.

Videos

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Screenshots

Changelog

All of these changes were made by MyQUIX! A big thank you to him for putting his time and effort into this update!

Game:
# Changed Restarting Time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
# Changed random Sound to Music
# Movespeed Max from 400 to 522
# Movespeed min from 25 to 1
#Added hero glow to draenei and satyr

Satyr:
+ Added Shadowsight Ability
+ Reduced Shop Area Healing AoE from 1000 to 700 and healing rate from 0.10 to 0.08

Items:
+ Added 5th armor item
+ Added block chance for all armor items
+ Urn Income increased from 6 every 7 seconds to 21 every 7 seconds and urn stacks now
+ Potion healing increased from 50 to 100
+ Attack potion up from 14 damage to 18 damage but reduced duration from 140 to 100

Wolf:
+ Prowl increased from from 6 to 12 seconds and movespeed reduction from 70 % to 30%

Fel Beast
+ Removed 99 % damage reduction and added prowl instead

Draenei
+ Changed income timer from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds but reducded income by 50 %
+ Watcher ability cd reducded from 120 to 50
+ Tower Range increased from 550 to 650
+ Destroy Building has now 5 second casting time

-Fixed issue where wisp could have more than 1 ancient
-Fixed description of Wall 1
-Added VIP status to players.

-Fixed issue where Pulse Staff caused crash
-Removed limit of how many Healing Towers you can build
-Fixed error with description of Pulse Wand

-Fixed issue where the wisp could repair animals
-Fixed issue where draenei healing tower could heal animals
-Fixed issue that caused -unally not to work properly
-Greatly reduced requirements for lategame food for wisp animals
-Fixed hotkey for Bouncing Heals
-Fixed issue where Bouncing Heals could heal animals

-Fixed issue where after picking talents the game said that the Satyr left the game even tho he didn't
-Reworked Healing Tower level 2
-Fixed issue where Satyr would die instantly after being re-picked after origial Satyr left the game

-Fixed issue where Makrura item would spawn a Dragon Turtle
-Fixed issue with game system for repicking Satyr if he leaves
-Added description for Nature's Heart that it doesn't block wave of corruption
-Fixed issue where sometimes incorrect amount of gold was displayed in a floating text when quickselling items as Satyr
-Optimized Quicksell System
-Optimized the Income System
-Optimized map by removing unnecessary systems that has been scrapped in previous versions

-Fixed issue with system that autospends talent points if not all talent points has been spent manually by the player when the talent tree timer runs out where the system wouldn't spend the talent points correctly
-Fixed so that Wisp's animals can be attacked by allied players
-Added a spell for Fel Beast that makes him take 99% less damage from draenei towers
-Fixed issue where lightning from Cosmetic Charge wouldn't be removed when wisp died
-Changed haste description to the accurate 100% faster instead of 300% faster.
-Added Battle.net quest that states that we have our own hostbot for Satyr Vs Draenei that is active across all servers
-Removed 1 bank level
-Fixed issue where the player color code wouldn't end in the string when a player leaves the game
-Fixed issue where a new satyr would be chosen if the satyr left shortly after the satyr died
-Fixed issue where the new satyr wouldn't get any spells
-Fixed issue where Power Exhale level 2 had the same description as Power Exhale level 1
-Fixed issue where if 1 draenei spawns and that draenei dies the game would restart even tho there still are other players picking their talents
-Changed color of ancient income from purple to gold
-Fixed issue where Satyr totem healed 500% instead of 5%
-Added 10 Health Regen items for the Satyr together with a new shop to buy them from
-Added 4 unique armor items for the Satyr together with a new shop to buy them from
-Added item Pulse Staff that deals 30 damage to a building or unit and jumps up to 5 times with 10% damage reduction per jump. Has a 10 seconds cooldown time
Added item Shield of Lightning that deals 3 damage to any unit or building within a 180 radius range of the target. Lasts 20 seconds, has 3 charges and has a 10 seconds cooldown time
-Reworked cost for Attack Speed items for Satyr
-Added 2 new Attack Speed items for Satyr
-Made Attack Speed items unique
-Fixed issue with Quick Sacrifice for wisp where sacrificing Tree Sap, Purple Tree Sap and Gravel would sometimes give inaccurate amounts of mana
-Reworked Obsidian Statue's Power Flow
-VIP status has been added to the following players: lenura
-Reduced build time of Healing tower to 1 second from 10 seconds
-Added upgrade for Healing Tower that enables it to heal both buildings and friendly units for 5HP per second in a 700 radius area. Has a Holy Light ability that can target any unit or building and heal that target for 50 hitpoints instantly
-Made banks get Increased hitpoints when upgrading from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 40 HP
-Fixed issue where using the quicksell system to sell items for the Satyr wouldn't display any floating text sometimes
-Increased damage dealt by wolf from 1-2 to 6-7
-Increased hitpoints of Obsidian Statue from 5 to 45
-Increased hitpoints of Flux Generator from 25 to 35
-Reduced hitpoints of Factory from 50 to 20

-Fixed issue where upon restart when the trees in the middle ressurected the animation was stuck
-Added more trees outside of some bases
-Relocated the entrance of once of the bases
-Fixed issue where the aura from Obsidian Statue wouldn't affect towers
-Added message at the start of the game with information about our Garena group
-Added message for the draenei, satyr and wisp that tells them what their goals in the game are
-Fixed issue where the system to auto spend any remaining talent points wouldn't trigger sometimes
-Added message at the end of the round that states "Starting new round"
-Removed timer for "apply talents"
-Changed -vip1 back to -vip
-Added additional hitpoints to higher level towers
-Added description for Tower Level 1 that states that it can attack trees
-Added description for Mining Pick of where to find Gravel
-Added system to crown a new Satyr if the Satyr leaves the game
-Removed Eggsack Invisibility upgrade for wisp
-Buildtime of Tower Level 1 decreased from 3 to 1 second.
-Changed projectile of Tower Level 1 to Abilities\Weapons\SentinelMissile\SentinelMissile.mdl
-Increased range of all towers to 650 from 500.
-Fixed a issue with the -i command where players who left the game were still being displayed
-Greatly reduced cost of Constitution upgrade for Draenei (from 155 to 25)

-Fixed issue where the +50 HP upgrade for Draenei wasn't being applied correctly
-Fixed issue with map visibility at the start of a new round
-Fixed issue where at the end of a round some buildings would still be displayed on the minimap
-Nerfed Alacritous Strike to deal 10% of targeted unit's max hp instead of 20%
-Nerfed Improve Alacritous Strike to only gain 20% of damage dealt as income
-Fixed issue where all levels of Improved Alacritous Strike stunned for the level 1 duration
-Nerfed Restoration Totem's regeneration aura from 5000% of hitpoints per second to 5% per second
-Fixed improved Sabotage's multiboard icon to match the talent tree icon
-Fixed Elder Treant's projectile
-Fixed issue where auras for beta testers and VIP players wouldn't show up
-Adjusted quicksell region for Satyr
-Fixed issue where wisps spawned for leaving players

-Fixed projectile speed of Elder Treant
-Added calculation timer for when talents are being applied
-Added extra special effects for when game starts
-Fixed issue with Staff of Teleportation
-Granted following players VIP status: Sheep100

-Replaced the Wisp model with the normal WC3 Wisp model due to death animation bug.
-Fixed problem with applying VIP and Beta Tester auras.
-Fixed bug where items were not properly removed from dying units.
-Fixed bug where Transfer (Out) shared the same spell ID as Cook Raccoon.
-Fixed bug with quicksell system that caused players to gain 1 lumber for each 1k gold that was suppose to be returned to the selling player.
-Players can now drop the Dream Catcher item.
-Satyr now gains 80% income from dealing damage instead of the previous 100%.
-Fixed bug where Miscellanious shop dissapeared after the game restarted.
-Greatly reduced the cost of all levels of the Silith structure for the Wisp.
-Fixed description of Draenei Totem.
-Removed upgrades to Nature Heart that was intended to be removed together with a previous scrapping of the Herb system.
-Removed "Mechanics" quest due to irrelevance.
-Buffed Mana Shield to not give any income to the Satyr when taking damage.
-Decreased the cost of the Haste upgrade for the Draenei.
-Increased duration of Haste from 8 to 12 seconds and added a 1.15 seconds casting time.
-Removed the item Necklace of Attack.
-Reduced the upgrade time of Lumberjack.
-Made a second level of Lumberjack that can be upgraded once Lumberjack Level 1 has been upgraded.
-Made a new upgrade called Fortification that reduces damage taken of the draenei wall by 10/20/30/40/50%.
-Elder Treant now have a ranged attack with poison that reduces the attack and movement speed of the struck target by 20%.

Released to the public

Credits Satyr vs Draenei Developers
Sverkerman
2q9cdxj.png

Hashjie
2hdnw8z.jpg

Assistant Hagge5
acidbomb.gif

Beta Testers
GamerCreutz, Chaosy, xorkatoss, Razosh, Hagge5, Hashjie, abedab, VTZ, Skeletron_King, TheBaronen, Cangor, ndhwar, HardStyle, Catch_ya, AloneOthers
Lender, rulerofiron99, ap0calypse, Xtrheo, Kanadaj, Nestharus, inhuman89, Bribe, defskull, Lender, NelsonLaJe, eubz, Crazyrussian

battle_net21.jpg

Battle.net Hostbot
SvDHost
Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Azeroth (U.S. East)
Kalimdor (Asia)
Northrend (Europe)

garena_game_icon_by_wolfangraul-d30m2yw.png
Garena Group ID: 337296

Garena Hostbot:

SvDHost

Like us on Facebook
for important updates, tournaments
and become a part of our great community!
]

Support this map

197699-albums4412-picture62459.png
Code:
[plain][url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/svd-v1-2-a-239149/][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/197699-albums4412-picture62459.png[/img][/url][/plain]

Keywords:
Satyr vs Draenei, Defence, Hide and Seek, Vampirism Fire, Island Defence, Trolls vs Elves
Contents

SvD v2.1 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet00:51, 20th Aug 2013 Map Approved Satyrs Versus Draeneis (Version 1.7b) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 6
Hey, just thought I'd let you know two things that I noticed.

1) Your bot on Battle.net, SVDHost, is constantly trying to join "server.eurobattle.net" and then timing out. As an owner of a bot, I don't think this is the correct name for the server, and that's why it continually times out.
2) I think we isolated the desync bug. It seems to be on round 2+, when the host chooses to let players select a Satyr among themselves, and nobody chooses to be the Satyr. It seems to cause everyone to desync from each other, and the game therefore ends. Apologies if you already fixed this, you've been updating a lot recently.

Cheers,
Mech

Edit: Scratch number 2. I just played 2.0 and it desync'd on the second round even though someone decided to be the Satyr. I was the host and allowed people to vote for Satyr, and it desync'd us all. :(

Edit #2: Found a new glitch. If the Satyr leaves in the middle of the round, and a Draenei chooses to take over as the new Satyr, it will still think there's an additional Draenei. ie: We were playing with 3 Draenei, one of them took over the Satyr and killed a Draenei, and it said there were 2 remaining. When he killed me, it said one remaining, and we had to call it a draw. :p

Last edited:
Level 4
1) Your bot on Battle.net, SVDHost, is constantly trying to join "server.eurobattle.net" and then timing out. As an owner of a bot, I don't think this is the correct name for the server, and that's why it continually times out.

eurobattle.net is a pvpgn server, and it recently changed ip, but my bot doesn't realise it. I guess I'll have to restart the script eventually.

Level 6
Interesting map, I'd enjoyed.
How you made the terrain looks like been floating? and put spiky rocks a low level of the ground.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What the hell is this? I played as draenei and had to wait for years to get a wall.

Edit: nvm this, I didn't know you can attack trees for gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
What the hell is this? I played as draenei and had to wait for years to get a wall.

Years is over exagerating it a lot, but yes it does take some time and that's due to the fact that if everyone could build safe from the start then it would be impossible for the satyr to not lose controll over 10 draeneis at once.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

But it's boring, I deleted it from my PC already for taking space from my 2 tb hdd.

Edit: nvm this, I didn't know you can attack trees for gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Alright Sverker now I've played a lot of SvD in the past two months, which to me means a few hundred games and I'm ready to give you a piece of my mind. I've heard you're working on an AI and I feel compelled to ask, why?

You're spending all this time making things that is in my opinion could be spent more wisely. I understand that SvD is never going to be the competetive gameplay that I love in Island Defense and I'm not here to judge that. It just seems to me that you make all your things look pretty and not actually things that are enjoyable in Multi Player. For instance you've made this really neat talent tree and sure it offers veriaty but to a very limited level since you only have one draenei and one satyr and I would actually rather see you create more builders and hunters rather then work on an AI. If we look at Island Defense (sorry that's all I compare it too but I probably have played over 10 000 games of it (I've played it since I was 13 years old.)) and what I really love most of all is the veriaty of characters. Due to this veriaty no game is the other alike when you can play as 15 different titans and 20 different builders so every games leaves you feelng "I will never have a game as this ever again and this was an experience worth having.". With SvD I don't get feeling, after every game (I play Satyr 80% of the time) I leave feeling "This was pretty fun but I feel like I've experienced this before" and as you can imagine that feeling can be improved.

I love your map and I love the genre but not enough to give it more than a 7/10 (which will be a 4/5 on the hive scale) since it's a great game. But the fun dosen't last for much past 100 games so untill you add more veriaty to the game I'll keep on playing Island Defense. Sorry.

I hope you read this.

(Sorry Orcnet but you're being way to generous when you deem this a 5/5 in my opinion.)

Last edited:
Alright Sverker now I've played a lot of SvD in the past two months, which to me means a few hundred games and I'm ready to give you a piece of my mind. I've heard you're working on an AI and I feel compelled to ask, why?

You're spending all this time making things that is in my opinion absolute sh!t. I understand that SvD is never going to be the competetive gameplay that I love in Island Defense and I'm not here to judge that. It just seems to me that you make all your things look pretty and not actually things that are enjoyable. For instance you've made this really neat talent tree and sure it offers veriaty but to a very limited level and I would actually rather see you create more builders and hunters rather then work on a damn AI. If we look at Island Defense (sorry that's all I compare it too but I probably have played over 10 000 games of it (I've played it since I was 13 years old.)) and what I really love most of all is the veriaty of characters. Due to this veriaty no game is the other alike when you can play as 15 different titans and 20 different builders so every games leaves you feelng "I will never have a game as this ever again and this was an experience worth having.". With SvD I don't get feeling, after every game (I play Satyr 80% of the time) I leave feeling "I've experienced this same sh!t 3 games in a fudging row!" and as you can imagine that does not leave you feeling great. It feels like you're focusing to much on making many shiny buttons but not many usefull buttons, to compare it's like Island Defense is a PC and SvD is a Mac.

I love your map and I love the genre but not enough to give it more than a 7/10 (which will be a 4/5 on the hive scale) since it's a great game. But the fun dosen't last for 100 games so untill you add more veriaty to the game I'll keep on playing Island Defense. Sorry.

I hope you read this.

(Sorry Orcnet but you're being way to generous, play some Island Defense before you deem this a 5/5.)

We get it, you like Island Defense. People have different preferences, and stop calling this shit just because it doesn't have some of the things Island Defense has, and stop ignoring any quality this map has just because the feature isn't in Island Defense, and suddenly to you doesn't matter.

This isn't Island Defense, this is Satyr vs Draenei, and the whole point of this map is to put a different spin on the genre and provide a unique gameplay experience. Implementing all of the things you like would just turn it into an unimaginative copy of another map.

If you hate it so much, just play something else, but stop talking so much trash about it when the truth is that it isn't a bad map, you simply have different preferences. It is very self-centered of you to hate maps and expect them all to be changed to be exactly what you prefer instead of what would actually make them better. You need to learn to look beyond your personal taste and instead see the resource itself. For example, I hate DoTA, but I'm not going to lie; I would rate it a 5/5, because it is a spectacular map, it's just not the sort of thing that I enjoy.

Level 24
We get it, you like Island Defense. People have different preferences, and stop calling this shit just because it doesn't have some of the things Island Defense has, and stop ignoring any quality this map has just because the feature isn't in Island Defense, and suddenly to you doesn't matter.

Trust me I'm not calling it sh!t, far from it, this is probably one of the best maps in game. (The fact that I'm promoting it and have played over 100 games of it should assure you of that.) And yes I talk a lot about Island Defense since it's the best game out there that is the best of the same type of map.

And no I'm not ignoring anything sure I would give it + points in my book if it had an AI and I'm giving it + points for the talent tree and don't missunderstand me I think the talent tree is fing great. But when I'm given the chooise of picking between the best tasting cookie in the world and a really good tasting cake I'm going to pick the cake. I'm not saying any of the features Sverker has added are bad the polar opposite I'm just saying he could spend his time better if he improved the multiplayer rather than the single player. If you think that this is a SP game then fine I woun't argue with your opinion because no opinion is wrong, I just have a different one.

Although I agree that I should not have said sh!t it was taking it a bit too far, it's understandable if it made the post seem more hostile than was intended and I'm sorry if that's the impression I gave you.

This isn't Island Defense, this is Satyr vs Draenei, and the whole point of this map is to put a different spin on the genre and provide a unique gameplay experience. Implementing all of the things you like would just turn it into an unimaginative copy of another map.

I said add more veriaty not copy paste Island Defense and call it something similar like Iceland Defense.

If you hate it so much, just play something else, but stop talking so much trash about it when the truth is that it isn't a bad map

I say I've played over 100 games and that alone should be a clue that I think otherwise. What's even more is that I give the game a rating of 4/5 and you're the one who says that 4/5 isn't a bad rating in your signature. Please if you can somewhere find that I've written that I didn't think this game was worth playing than do inform me would you be so kind.

You need to learn to look beyond your personal taste and instead see the resource itself.

I understand that SvD is never going to be the competetive gameplay that I love in Island Defense and I'm not here to judge that.

Did you even read my message?

I would rate it a 5/5, because it is a spectacular map, it's just not the sort of thing that I enjoy.

So I'm wrong to compare games to other games or is it just that you think it's a universal truth that veriaty is bad?

Last edited:
Level 26
How does SvD make sense as non-competitive singleplayer? Island Defense is a good map, wut? But if this is the measure of Razosh and there seems to be something worse that could be otherwise, of course it would be taken as a comparison.

For example, I hate DoTA, but I'm not going to lie; I would rate it a 5/5

Because? The question is why do you hate it. If you are not into the genre at all, it's kinda futile to vote. If you are, you would not hate it per se and therefore be more differed.

Level 24
If you wanted to counter argument, you should have posted facts instead of trash talking Razosh. Its his opinion that actually make some sense and have the potential to help Sverker on the long run.

Stop dickriding.

Thanks for the backup but you sholdn't be too cruel to him after all my original message was a bit to blunt which is why I edited it.

Trust me I'm not calling it sh!t, far from it

You're spending all this time making things that is in my opinion absolute sh!t.

Really?

Did you even read my message?

I did read your message. Your original message was talking trash about a variety of features in the map, constantly talking about how you hated it because it wasn't like Island Defense.

It wasn't until later that you edited your post, deleting pretty much the whole thing and typing something different because you realized I was right, and you really were talking a bunch of shit just because of your personal preference.
If you wanted to counter argument, you should have posted facts instead of trash talking Razosh. Its his opinion that actually make some sense and have the potential to help Sverker on the long run.

Stop dickriding.

I never once insulted Razosh; my entire post was explaining why he should not rate one map poorly based on his personal preference when he likes a completely different map. This is SvD, not Island Defense.

You accuse me of dickriding just because I have a different point of view, but if anyone here is doing that, it's you, raging and insulting me in "defense" of your buddy without even reading what was said.

Hmmm, I haven't read the quoted message since I didn't realized it was edited. Welp, my bad I guess.

And don't try to pretend you did read it in the future. I'm quoting this as well for accuracy.

Last edited:
Level 24

I called the AI's sh!t yes because I think they make zero differense in a multiplayer map.

I did read your message. Your original message was talking trash about a variety of features in the map, constantly talking about how you hated it because it wasn't like Island Defense.

It wasn't until later that you edited your post, deleting pretty much the whole thing and typing something different because you realized I was right, and you really were talking a bunch of shit just because of your personal preference.

Not because of my personal preferences but rather due to the lack of variation ingame but yes you're right my message absolutly appeared hostile.

I called the AI's sh!t yes because I think they make zero differense in a multiplayer map.

You also called the talent trees shit, which is pretty much the backbone of the entire game, what sets it apart from others.

You keep talking trash about every unique feature this map has, just because they aren't in Island Defense. If you like Island Defense so much, just go play that, but let this be something different. There is no point in having 5,000 clones of Island Defense with different skins. I like the idea of having a completely different map, with completely different features, for people who have different tastes. If Island Defense is your favorite map in the world, then just keep playing that, but don't destroy someone else's work by asking them to destroy all of the features that make it unique (like skill trees and AI) while wanting them to implement all of the features existing in Island Defense. There's already a map like Island Defense, it's called Island Defense, and you can just go play that, if that's what you want to play. This is SvD, and it's supposed to be something different, for people who want something different. I know this might sound shocking to you, but out of the some 500,000 people across the different servers who still play Warcraft III, some of us actually want to play something other than Island Defense every now and then.

Level 24
You also called the talent trees shit, which is pretty much the backbone of the entire game, what sets it apart from others.

You keep talking trash about every unique feature this map has, just because they aren't in Island Defense. If you like Island Defense so much, just go play that, but let this be something different. There is no point in having 5,000 clones of Island Defense with different skins.

Razosh said:
For instance you've made this really neat talent tree

Maybe you need to pick up a dictionary.

And once again comes this comment about me wanting a Island Defense clone though I've already responded to it.

Ok so you keep on editing your post like crazy I'm compelled to ask why are you so unable to move past my original post when I've changed it and said I'm sorry it appeared more hostile than intended? Do you hold some personal grudge against me or is there any other reason you're hell bent on being hostile towards me?

Ok so you keep on editing your post like crazy

Pot calling the kettle black. You edited your entire post, practically deleting it and typing something completely different just to pretend you never said any of the things I mentioned. The only edits I've made to my posts were quoting other parts of your posts and responding to them (rather than double-posting), but I haven't edited anything that I've said.

Ok so you keep on editing your post like crazy I'm compelled to ask why are you so unable to move past my original post when I've changed it and said I'm sorry it appeared more hostile than intended? Do you hold some personal grudge against me or is there any other reason you're hell bent on being hostile towards me?

Again, pot calling the kettle black. You were talking all kinds of trash about the map, and all I did was point out that you were being overly hostile and shouldn't be so angry just because this isn't a clone of a different map that you prefer.

You made a hostile post, and I responded appropriately. Don't pretend I'm the one being hostile just because you edited your post afterwards.

Then I guess every multiplayer game should never have AI's? Melee maps should have no AI's? Co-op campaigns should have no AI's? AoS maps should have no AI's?

You may not value AI's yourself, but that doesn't mean they're a bad thing, and you should quit raging about it over and over again just because you don't think it should have AI's.

Yes, it's a multiplayer map, but there are many instances where someone might want an AI, such as when practicing to learn the game, when stuck without internet, when not having many people in the lobby and wanting to fill up a slot, or when the Satyr quits the game. Plenty of people, including myself, consider an AI a valuable feature to any map, as that allows people to continue playing even in the above situations. If you don't like AI's, you don't have to use them; it's not like they'll take over players and insert themselves into their games against their will. (Cue AI Revolution against BNet) "There are too many of them! They've filled the lobby! I can't kick them all! I need reinforcements! The computers are everywhere!"

Last edited:
Level 24
This have gone on for too long I'm ending this petty argument right now. I have already appologiesed and tried to right my wrongs and that's all I can do.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Razosh & TLI-Inferno
I really do appreciate that you two feel so strongly about the map. This map is no longer under development due to life changes.

This was my first real attempt at creating the "best" multiplayer experience. When I was modding WC3 it was very important to me to be the best at what I was doing. I created Dualism which "was" the "best" single player map.

Looking at the aftermath I can agree to that having several different classes with a more global set of aspects covered by the talent tree would have been a good idea.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Warcraft 4 which will make me pick up modding again! If the delay is long I might feel tempted to put a game idea which I've had for a while into works.

@Razosh & TLI-Inferno
I really do appreciate that you two feel so strongly about the map. This map is no longer under development due to life changes.

This was my first real attempt at creating the "best" multiplayer experience. When I was modding WC3 it was very important to me to be the best at what I was doing. I created Dualism which "was" the "best" single player map.

Looking at the aftermath I can agree to that having several different classes with a more global set of aspects covered by the talent tree would have been a good idea.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Warcraft 4 which will make me pick up modding again! If the delay is long I might feel tempted to put a game idea which I've had for a while into works.

It would indeed be cool to have other playable characters, but the amount of work it would take to create the talent trees, abilities, etc, would basically be almost as much as the effort of creating a whole new game, which could probably instead just be put to improving what already exists.

That's just my opinion, though.

Level 23
@Razosh & TLI-Inferno

its more likely Hive will program Warcraft 4 before Blizzard does

Also I wonder who rated the map "The best single player"? Or better said, by what you meassure "The best map"?

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
5 years since SvD was released :D
A big thank-you to @myqix for this update! Here is the complete changelog:

Changelog SvD 2.1

Game:
# Changed Restarting Time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
# Changed random Sound to Music
# Movespeed Max from 400 to 522
# Movespeed min from 25 to 1
# Added hero glow to draenei and satyr

Satyr:
+ Added Shadowsight Ability
+ Reduced Shop Area Healing AoE from 1000 to 700 and healing rate from 0.10 to 0.08

Items:
+ Added 5th arour item
+ Added block chance for all armor items
+ Urn Income increased from 6 every 7 seconds to 21 every 7 seconds and urn stacks now
+ Potion healing increased from 50 to 100
+ Attack potion up from 14 damage to 18 damage but reduced duration from 140 to 100

Wolf:
+ Prowl increased from from 6 to 12 seconds and movespeed reduction from 70 % to 30%

Fel Beast
+ Removed 99 % damage reduction and added prowl instead

Draenei
+ Changed income timer from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds but reducded income by 50 %
+ Watcher ability cd reducded from 120 to 50
+ Tower Range increased from 550 to 650
+ Destroy Building has now 5 second casting time