• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survival of Scourge 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A very basic Survival custom map that will focus on powerful tweaks to standard abilities and player's control on their Hero to last for 10 minutes! Lots of fun when playing with friends!
Contents

Survival of Scourge 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...
Level 23
Played your map and I can say it was disappointing.

Terrain: The terrain is terrible, it was plain. I didn't see any tile variation, you only used 1 tile on the base and some blight on the enemy's base. No decorations even a single rock or flower. This is just awful, right now it can't be accepted. The terrain really needs a revamp. I think you could re-think the whole terrain and improve it. Also the base is on the very edge of the map and you can see the empty black area. You could relocate the base somewhere in the middle perhaps? or where do you like but not on the edge of the map. Put rocks, houses or any other decorations that will suit your map's theme to spice out the terrain and used variety of tiles too.

Gameplay: I played it alone, so I was overwhelmed quickly and died. First, healing items are nowhere to be found in the markets. You can only buy tomes and the standard Goblin Merchant items which is not useful at all and also you have no starting gold too. The Mountain King hero is fine and you can defend several waves of undead with his thunderclap but you'll get overwhelmed cause waves are too fast to reach you while you are still battling the last wave they sent. Mountain King has it's default and original spells but with increased levels and damage. I think you need to give him more valuable spells, cause stormbolt is not helpful versus masses of undead unless there would be heroes to battle but I didn't saw one or last until a hero will come or maybe there wasn't any hero present? A variety of custom spells and heroes could work. It's rather boring you'll have only the Mountain King as your hero when the game starts. It would be better you can choose to perhaps 10 more heroes? It would be neat.

As to finish my review to your map. I really think this map could be better both terrain and gameplay. Plus the map description is totally lacking. I'll give it 1/5 and vote for Needs Fix. Happy Mapping!

Last edited:
Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation

No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!