• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survival 1.357

I've started making this map about 4 years ago, so it's filled with different rpg elements (such as item crafting and commander being able to promote other players and do other things like that). This map is recommended to play with 12 players (because it's more fun that way), but can be played with less amount of players or you can even play it alone. Oh and please don't let the empty minimap to fool you. :) This map is somehow like Hero Survival / RPG, but even that doesn't tell everything about this map. Please try it out with more than 1 player and rate it :)

Features of the current version:
  • Being able to be commander. (only 1 player at the same time)
  • Earn military ranks.
  • 5 secondary skills: (orange boxes which you can pick from ground, you can only get 1 of them)
  • Each secondary skill may contain up to 11 sub-skills, some of them having a bit less.

[*]Mining Pick (being able to get resources)
    [*]Medical Kit (being able to make hp/mp restoring potions + defense/speed/invisibility potions, being able to heal yourself and other players)
    [*]Archeology Tools (being able to find rare items, being able to cast spells)
    [*]Construction Tools (being able to construct buildings)
    [*]Alchemy Kit (Being able to make potions)
  • 3 planets + battleship map.
  • Huge number of items which you can find or produce with secondary skills and knowledge skill.
  • You can earn level ups to each secondary skill. (+to crafting / energy storage)
  • Save/Load system saves your points and your rank.

!!! 1.360 replaced with 1.357. Less features, but much more stable than 1.360.

The new version is coming soon and it's going to include features such as:
-New save/load system. (Already ready in the beta version)
-Medal system: Players can unlock medals which are saved / loaded with code.

Known Bugs: (1.272)
-Getting stuck after ???. Can see all skills, but cannot do anything. Temporary solution: Reselecting your hero fixes the problem. Should no longer appear when using commander menu. Please report if it's still happening.
-Cast animation keeps repeating after using Spellbook Channel ability. Doesn't affect Knowledge or Combat Proficiency skills. During that time, your hero cannot acquire targets automatically. Temporary solution: Performing any other action fixes the problem.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded my map to any website. This map used to have a lot of server splits, but I've finally fixed all of them (hopefully). If you spot any bug or event which causes server split, please PM me or comment here.

This map contains map protection because of the following reason:
Some noob, who downloaded this map from me using battle.net, uploaded this to some other website and pretended to be the author of this map. The risk of that happening again increases a lot since this map is available to everyone from now on.

If you need non-protected version of this map, i can provide you with 1 if you have a good reason for wanting it.

MSN: (masa.knight at luukku.com)
Contents

Survival 1.357 (Map)

Reviews
00:58, 23rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Added Co-op as a map type.
Level 8
Cause the makers seem a bit unfarmiliar to the design process and apparently are confused at times (reverting versions atleast once in the past already). However it is only understandable if it is their first long term project (which it was, atleast for the orignal maker) as such skills require a lot of practice and time to build and develop. Additionally it may be caused by someone trying to steal the map rather badly, thus best to stick to offical versions.

That's only a part of the truth, Dr Super Good. As you may have read, I took over the project and am in charge of the map.
Without going into the map history too deeply, I try to sum up all the facts, that have happened.

1. Masa created the map and developed it to version 1.357. Then he had no more time (school, college, university all that kind of things).
2. To this time Arel (who made 1.360) offered his help and Masa accepted. Arel however was a bit of a lazy bum and released a new version, having a lot of bugs and glitches in it.
3. Masa ordered Arel to fix them, but Arel 8as mentioned before) was a lazy bum and didn't do anything.
4. Duckne55, a member of Masa's community offered help and took over the map 1.357 (on which his version 1.370 is based on). He ended up in having no freetime and dropping the project.
5. To this time, I offered help and took over the map. And here I am.

Back to the story about the map version. As you may have extracted out of the above said, the 1.360 is totally unstable. And indeed one of the characteristics of this version (1.360) were the countless server splits and desyncs. Not to mention the load of bugs and errors.

"Why didn't Masa upload the latest version then?". Because this version 1.382 has two severe bugs that change the gameplay a lot. He could have uploaded a 1.380, but after a conversation with him, we both came to the same result: Having a 1.380 uploaded on hive, while a 1.382 is already released is an act of nonsense.

We will upload a new version, when betatests and games have shown, whether the map is bug-free (or fre of severe bugs) or not.

Until then, you have to be patient. We cannot move mountains.
If you are interested in the development of the map, you can always visit www.wc3survival.forums3.com for further information. I try to keep the progress up to date (you can look at my signature if you want to see, where I roughly stand now).

With kind regards,
Gaegamel

Level 1
Wow. You can get a phd in fortune telling. However, you will still starve to death if u keep that as a profession.

The newest version will be out asap and the betas are already public.

Level 1
The release time cannot be confirmed but I can ensure It will be out by this year. You can try out the beta first. We are waiting for the new pet system to be completed and there will be a new save/load code. We will also most likely be releasing a sc2 version too.

Level 5
faster point gain = better experiance
because when i play this with 3 players i only get 2 max 3 points per game so it will be like 50 games to get 100 points and try the chaos knight T_T

Level 9
terrain is REALLY bad. i dont really understand any of this. i dont like this map in my opinion. please make the terrain and interface better so that people can understand the theme and what will they do. no, im not angry or rough with you.

Level 1
My opinion is that if we were to expand the terrain, it would not be unique and just the same old thing as other maps.
Your main objective is just to survive, so you would not really need a big map. Just imagine that you are surrounded in an unknown planet. You have no where to run, so just stick together and fend off your enemy until you have been given the order to evacuate.
Regarding the interface, do you mind being more specific.

Level 1
help how i can be commander beacuse circle of power is behind the doors when i come near that doors it cosing help pls

Level 6
Dozen of games hosted in the Gen host. It's not a hosting problem.
Saving/loading has bug.
Code:
mrjap: -load MT6R-JFM4-WGBG
             Gen: Warning! Desync detected!
             Gen: Players in game state #1: LKavengers, gundam560, gerardmelhem, [Pro]to, ronn_100, Dyce, qwerty18w, shkedi, done.king, ...J.A.M.E.S...
             Gen: Players in game state #2: mrjap
             Gen: mrjap was dropped due to desync.
      LKavengers: -load RG6K-AFLB-WGHB
             Gen: Players in game state #1: gundam560, gerardmelhem, [Pro]to, ronn_100, Dyce, qwerty18w, shkedi, done.king, ...J.A.M.E.S...
             Gen: Players in game state #2: LKavengers
             Gen: LKavengers was dropped due to desync.
       gundam560: -load MT6U-NFGH-WGBG
             Gen: Players in game state #1: gerardmelhem, [Pro]to, ronn_100, Dyce, qwerty18w, shkedi, done.king, ...J.A.M.E.S...
             Gen: Players in game state #2: gundam560
             Gen: gundam560 was dropped due to desync.

Level 1
Problem

I played one day with friends. Have 133 points and starting new game but when i use my load it said: invalid code. magic arena score: approved
What i have to do now? Thanks for replay.