1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Survival 1.357

Submitted by Gaegamel, Masa1
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I've started making this map about 4 years ago, so it's filled with different rpg elements (such as item crafting and commander being able to promote other players and do other things like that). This map is recommended to play with 12 players (because it's more fun that way), but can be played with less amount of players or you can even play it alone. Oh and please don't let the empty minimap to fool you. :) This map is somehow like Hero Survival / RPG, but even that doesn't tell everything about this map. Please try it out with more than 1 player and rate it :)

Features of the current version:
  • Being able to be commander. (only 1 player at the same time)
  • Earn military ranks.
  • 5 secondary skills: (orange boxes which you can pick from ground, you can only get 1 of them)
  • Each secondary skill may contain up to 11 sub-skills, some of them having a bit less.

[*]Mining Pick (being able to get resources)
    [*]Medical Kit (being able to make hp/mp restoring potions + defense/speed/invisibility potions, being able to heal yourself and other players)
    [*]Archeology Tools (being able to find rare items, being able to cast spells)
    [*]Construction Tools (being able to construct buildings)
    [*]Alchemy Kit (Being able to make potions)
  • 3 planets + battleship map.
  • Huge number of items which you can find or produce with secondary skills and knowledge skill.
  • You can earn level ups to each secondary skill. (+to crafting / energy storage)
  • Save/Load system saves your points and your rank.

!!! 1.360 replaced with 1.357. Less features, but much more stable than 1.360.

The new version is coming soon and it's going to include features such as:
-New save/load system. (Already ready in the beta version)
-Medal system: Players can unlock medals which are saved / loaded with code.

Known Bugs: (1.272)
-Getting stuck after ???. Can see all skills, but cannot do anything. Temporary solution: Reselecting your hero fixes the problem. Should no longer appear when using commander menu. Please report if it's still happening.
-Cast animation keeps repeating after using Spellbook Channel ability. Doesn't affect Knowledge or Combat Proficiency skills. During that time, your hero cannot acquire targets automatically. Temporary solution: Performing any other action fixes the problem.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded my map to any website. This map used to have a lot of server splits, but I've finally fixed all of them (hopefully). If you spot any bug or event which causes server split, please PM me or comment here.

This map contains map protection because of the following reason:
Some noob, who downloaded this map from me using battle.net, uploaded this to some other website and pretended to be the author of this map. The risk of that happening again increases a lot since this map is available to everyone from now on.

If you need non-protected version of this map, i can provide you with 1 if you have a good reason for wanting it.

MSN: (masa.knight at luukku.com)
Contents

Survival 1.357 (Map)

Reviews
00:58, 23rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Added Co-op as a map type.
  1. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I have few Ideas:
    1. When marine dies, his brain is extracted into a robot. Robots are weaker than marines, they are just a suport units. How you like this revival idea?
    2.Maybe you could create vehicles?

2. Riser

Riser

Resources:
    Resources:
    question

I just wanted to ask why it is that your ships shields don't protect you from enemies when your inside it? just seemed kinda frustrating...and odd. I for one think your map is amazing but i really wish i hadn't gotten killed by chain lightning while in the ship. You could just make anyone with 0 points or more invulnerable inside the ship. also it seems that the marines the commander buys are a bit too weak since its really not worth it to loose the pop just to have them die before i can even get back to the planet. I found the only time i send them is on the ghost boss since they are its one weakness which actually makes that boss the easiest for me when i am commander as i just feed marines constantly. unless it does its spell on me when return with low hp to get more marines.... but mostly i just wanted to say i love how you made it more difficult since i stopped playing for awhile because i could regularly make it to the rather anticlimactic ending....you know if you felt like it you could put in more than one ending makes games more interesting...
    so you TY SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS and for continuing to make it more awesome.

3. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like your map, but...
    Pls make 5 - 10 sec. pause every 2 minutes or so... (or make the Ship invincible)
    pls make no "Overspawn" (Too many creeps in the map)
    Make Archeology easier...
    Make Difficulty based on number of players

4. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Brilliant and fun map, though it can seem a little... pointless sometimes.
    5/5

PS Could I have a look at the unprot version, I would really like to see how all the code stuff works... :D

5. aaron

aaron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i see you've been working huh? well it turned out nice and more balanced keep up with the good work. :D

:fp:[​IMG]

6. Cicatricis

Cicatricis

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey man, I like your map very much but I have a question; In your latest version (1.33) I cannont find where to become commander? Can you help me?

7. chrysi

chrysi

Resources:
    Resources:
    If im not wrong, this question was already answered...nvm
    on bs just move south through the door (requires corporal or higher rank)

8. Masa1

Masa1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

"Pls make 5 - 10 sec. pause every 2 minutes or so... (or make the Ship invincible)"
    Huh?

"pls make no "Overspawn" (Too many creeps in the map)"
    It's already there... -_-

"Make Archeology easier..."
    Make the most powerful secondary skill even easier? No thanks.

"Make Difficulty based on number of players"
    It's already there... -_-

9. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I posted this before it was here...

10. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, this sight won't let me download this..... It just takes me to this page.

11. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you stay on a download page too long, when you click download it refreshes, all you had to do it click on it again!

12. Seralas

Seralas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Masa1

Really nice map you got there :)
    There have been quite a few people hosting the map on the local server and I've enjoyed playing it very much. There are a few things that I have noticed in the map while playing:

1) The construction skill only seems to level up when you are mining stone...which is rather curious XD Building towers doesn't seem to do anything to level you up, which makes levelling up the builder quite difficult.

2) As already mentioned, I didn't find out about the commander system untill I actually saw someone who was the commander...so more info about that would be nice (unless its there and I have missed it).

3) And the terrain needs work, as already mentioned...really love the concepts, classes, skills of the game, and the way that one can build in different directions, just the terrain really does let the game down :(
    Also, the battleship doesn't have that much available for non-commanders, which is also a bit of a let down.

4) Finally, in terms of gameplay issues, the main difficulty thus far is lack of mana - was the omission of mana items from the shop intentional, or not? Having said that, being able to buy mana would make it a lot easier, perhaps too easy? It would also negate the arch and alch to a certain extent. Just stoked to send a msg to the creator of this awesome map, and wanted to get your thoughts on this point :)

Thanks again for the cool map.
    4/5

13. Khaine

Khaine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah cool map

Positive points have been all said.

Maybe you can add flames if your battleship will be hardly damaged before your battleship had been destroyed.

Like in the alien map with the transporter.
    Also i miss more permanent items and more classes.

All in all good map
    5/5

14. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map is good but terrain is stupid.It is just empty.How many planets are there?I only reached second.We all died because of millions of creeps.

15. f0rsAk3n

f0rsAk3n

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Is it just me? or is this map becoming really famous.

Great map btw 5/5.

16. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Becoming?

17. Ranger21

Ranger21

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Terrain in this game does'nt matter, it is like Crimsonland... did you played crimsonland? That game without terrain, but nice survival.

Good map, 5/5 for this survival system=)

18. DPL

DPL

Resources:
    Resources:
    a GREAT map. Too bad I have no time to play it :sad:

19. MingeBag

MingeBag

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is really good, I would really like to help you with the terrain if you want. I'm Just wondering cuz it could be cooler with terrain. ^^

20. Seralas

Seralas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps consider improving/strengthening the save-code. I have seen several people who have cracked it on my local server :(