Sunwell TD v 1.02

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Helheim presents:
Sunwell TD

"The Burning Legion invasion has begun! Demons managed to bind many inhabitants of Azeroth to their will. Now, these victims of mysterious demonic magic are attacking the Sunwell in an attempt to desecrate it and destroy the entire Azeroth forever! Who dares to lead the defense against them?"

• A global rework of White TD
  • 51 Rounds in total.
  • 6 Boss rounds.
  • 6 difficulty levels.
  • Cooperative and Survival (solo) game modes.
  • All towers are constructed by a single builder.
  • The builder assistants just unlock new tower types.
  • Most of the creeps cast abilities that should be countered!
  • The Citadel and most of the towers have active abilities; using them at the right time can save the day.

[Rounds Info]
-air
-boss
-ethereal
-fortificated
-hero
-immune
-invisible
-next
[Game]
-aon \ -aoff (Enable\Disable towers abilities auto-cast)
-cam [1000 - 5000]
-clear
-debug
-default (set the camera distance and timer to default)
-hon \ -hoff (Enable\Disable hints)
-timer or -speed [10 - 99] (change the time between rounds)
-won \ -woff (Enable\Disable weather effects)
[Players]
-let [player color] or [all] (allow the player(s) to build towers in your area)
-forbid [player color] or [all] (disallow the player(s) to build towers in your area)
-kick [player color]
-rank (Show the player(s) ranking progress)
-score (Hide the player(s) ranking progress)

Vinz (Mythic)
arnelbigstonepd33r
chopinski
Dan van Ohllus (Kuhneghetz) Directive255
FerSZ
-Grendel
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Kenathorn, kellym0
Mc !
Spellbound
Talon the Mage
Tarrasque
The_Spellweaver
UgoUgo
Yours Truly

The Panda
Amigurumi
-Berz-
Darkfang
Eldin HawkWing
4eNNightmare
GooS
Hellx-Magnus
JollyD
Lockheart
Mad
Marcos DAB
Mr.Goblin
Murlocologist
San
Uncle Fester
zbc

Blarto
TriggerHappy

v 1.02:

• Tutorial: no camera pan if the builder or tower is selected.
  • Builder: Thunder Bolt also deals 100 spell damage. Focus Attacks range was increased to 50000 (from 3000).
[Towers]
  • Towers' auto-cast (by default) and rocket launcher mode auto-swap are also active on [EASY].
  • Alchemy towers' numbers are limited to 1. Greed: +1000 AoE and auto-casts added; fixed auto-cast glitch that causes the game crush! (v 1.01).
  • Arcane tower build time reduced to 2 sec. (was 10 sec.) Feedback hotkey changed to [F] (was [O]).
  • Glaive thrower: bouncing range increased by 50. Glaive throwers' numbers are limited to the number of used summoning stones (food).
  • Big Fel Generator: no AoE damage to the enemies with neurotoxin debuff.
  • Support towers' numbers are limited to1 (until the Sorceress or Chaos Engineer was hired).
[Enemies]
  • Necromancers' raised skeletons' armor sets to (Armor\4)x[difficulty].
  • Various enemies' abilities got 6 levels now (their power depends on the difficulty selected).
[Round 50] (Archimonde):
  • Portals' numbers are limited to 1 (was 3). Shivarras' numbers are limited to 1 + [difficulty] (was 10).
  • Fel Radiance and Shadow Radiance activates only on [HARD] difficulty or greater.
  • Chaos Ward damage formula was changed to 1000000+(600000x[difficulty]) (from 1500000+(500000x[difficulty]).
  • Chaotic towers auto-disable attacks during Fel Vortex and Shadow Vortex on [CASUAL] difficulty.

Discord: https://discord.gg/uymhy2AShF
Contents

Sunwell TD v 1.02 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Hopefully, the owner is legit. Until anyone claiming rights to the map comes with evidence Approved.
Level 5
I'm always up for new TDs! Looks very similar to White TD. I'll post a review after I play it :)
Nice! You're right, that's a remake of White TD. But I've found its mechanics can be too complicated for people (no one reads hints I suspect :confused:2 )
Was forced to add a casual mode with towers auto-casting and even auto-targeting (in certain rounds) and do huge enemys' nerf.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 59
Can you provide evidence that you tried contacting the original author(s) before editing/remaking his/her/their work?
Seems advanced and improved enough to be different but they layout is pretty much the same.

Some icons look passive but they are active like the one for upgrading the Poison Tower. You can make them look properly with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Similarly, lots of passive tower ability icons look active instead of passive.
Upgraded towers look the same; could be nice to increase their size or change their colour, something.

Pending.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 5
Can you provide evidence that you tried contacting the original author(s) before editing/remaking his/her/their work?
Specifically?
If you're talking about the original map, White TD - well, then, here I am, the original author. My nick was gg_2_you), but I've lost my e-mail, so I have no access to my old accounts long time ago. What exactly do you need to prove that I'm - me?

Yeah, I have this tool. But you're the first one who complains about icons. For acid (former toxine) tower - it's a first complain back from 2011... But most of the icons you've mentioned are the original WCIII icons, I assume. Is that.. legal?

Upgraded towers look the same
Not exactly the same, the color and scaling are quite different. At least to my eyes... The color changes will require some additional triggers lines. What exact towers types you suggest to resize\recolor? And what is the approximate range of the change step should be?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 59
If you're talking about the original map, White TD - well, then, here I am, the original author. My nick was gg_2_you), but I've lost my e-mail, so I have no access to my old accounts long time ago. What exactly do you need to prove that I'm - me?
If you can prove you are that person, your accounts will be merged. Multiaccounting isn't allowed anyway.
Yeah, I have this tool. But you're the first one who complains about icons. For acid (former toxine) tower - it's a first complain back from 2011... But most of the icons you've mentioned are the original WCIII icons, I assume. Is that.. legal?
I'm not saying it's illegal. I'm saying you could polish things if you want to.
Not exactly the same, the color and scaling are quite different. At least to my eyes... The color changes will require some additional triggers lines. What exact towers types you suggest to resize\recolor? And what is the approximate range of the change step should be?
Might be me but the Orc looking tower looks the same to me on every upgrade.

Level 5
If you can prove you are that person
So, how one can make such proof? My e-mail was deleted a long time ago. And ofc. I can't remember the password 10 years after. I still have the access to discord and w3reforged.com accounts, but I don't think it can be counted here. Unprotected map file have died back in 2011 with my old HDD.
I'm saying you could polish things if you want to
Yup, I'm into polishing, just asking if editing of blizzard's icons can cause any troubles...

Last edited:
Level 5
I just did a quick check. There's barely anything left to verify that Helheim is the owner. Perhaps if the war3map.wtg file is removed in the uploaded versions but he has the one without protection that could prove ownership?
Like I said, the unprotected map file lost in 2011 when my HDD have died... The only thing that comes into my mind - if someone here have mailed me back in 2011 he could check me via Email owner's name.