• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 1
Haven't been in here in a while so apologies if this has already been answered:
Is there any way to browse older versions of the map? I've been trying to find the most up to date version that can run on 1.31

Level 2
I've noticed that Queen's Scepter Recipe doesnt work correctly.
Here is what i did:
1. I got the recipe from the notabene worst part of this map (sorry).
2. Ive bought the Diamond just to prepare it earlier.
3. Ive gone for the Scepter of the King.
4. Tried to assemble the recipe.

And here is the screen proof:
1619724753417.png
1619724767853.png
1619724777429.png

Just to add: I've played this map three times (which is why i know this should work) and i really much love it. Keep up the good work!
If you've ever wondered whether someone is waiting for Riplash or Hunter to unlock its this guy right here 😅

Cheers, sorry for disturbance and thanks in advance for consideration!

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I've noticed that Queen's Scepter Recipe doesnt work correctly.
Here is what i did:
1. I got the recipe from the notabene worst part of this map (sorry).
2. Ive bought the Diamond just to prepare it earlier.
3. Ive gone for the Scepter of the King.
4. Tried to assemble the recipe.

And here is the screen proof:
View attachment 378197View attachment 378198View attachment 378199

Just to add: I've played this map three times (which is why i know this should work) and i really much love it. Keep up the good work!
If you've ever wondered whether someone is waiting for Riplash or Hunter to unlock its this guy right here 😅

Cheers, sorry for disturbance and thanks in advance for consideration!
You're missing a Queen's Tiara

Level 8
Why destro lock sucks? Why mage can have nice fireballs and arcane blasts, but lock in this spec have just mediacore passive and its replacing life siphon. And nothing else, uniq talent for afli lock, haunt, which must be solely in that speciality, AoE heal and summon. Where shadow bolts, soul fire, hellfire? Where all of this? I thought warlock are awesome nukers. Why in demon specs you can only have fel guards(wrath guards) and imps? Where void walkers, fel stalkers, succubus, infernals and doom guards? Where is this zoo? Same thing with affli. Hell why mage specialities really change her skills, but lock all the same? I like this map, but thats a shame my favorite class is so boring here.

Last edited:
Level 28
random question but do people who play the non-reforged of w3 can use this update or do we need to find a legacy version down here in the comments?
Unfortunately, this map has been updated to be playable on the most recent-ish version of Reforged (currently it's 1.32.10).
However, you can still play this game on Classic (SD Mode) as long as you have original Reign of Chaos key.

Level 3
Where should I put the Sunken City map file? In maps or Campaigns? I put it in maps but it wasn't showing up in custom games section. Btw, I'm using v1.29.2.

Level 2
Anyone has been experiencing problems with loading saved games? i cant seem to load one. Even those created in 2.4.8b :/

Level 2
Okay after some testing (other classes, difficulties, even different versions 2.4.7, 2.4.8a, 2.4.8b, and other maps in general) here is what i found out:

I can never load a game when im playing as Goblin Tinker. It also seems that was a problem for a while now because its apparent on all three versions that ive tested it on.
Doesnt have to do with difficulty, chosen perks et cetera.
The loading bar always freezes at this exact spot and so does the game.

1629384532374.png

Saves on other classes work fine, even between versions.

EDIT: Even checked if is not a problem with just a Tinker in general warcraft 3 files by creating a random game with me controlling a Tinker but that also worked.

Can someone verify that problem?

Also i still think youre doing a great job at making and continuing to grow this project. This is one of my favorite maps on the internet and when i solve my financial situation i will definitelly show you my support with more practical means. Just wanted to say that to not come out as some random vindictive map user that just takes everything and never appreciates it.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I did mention Single Player as well - it's quite unstable since Reforged. At any rate, this is not a map-specific issue, unfortunately. I wish it was, that way there will be something on my end I can do, but I know other maps experience save/loading issues as well.
When you say it is unstable, what exactly do you mean? I know there are some issues with FourCC breaking but as far as I know that's limited to 1.31, and I also know specific events stops working on load. Other than those I haven't found any issues, but if you know about anything besides that I'd love to know about it so I can avoid potential issues in the future.

Level 2
First of all many thanks for this incredible map. I & my pal spent lots of time trying different combination to win this map. Unfortunately the W3 Reforged messed up with multiplayer save/load so it's kinda difficult for us to finish newer runs.

One question, I noticed that many hero models are still from classic when I turn on Reforged graphic. I understand these are custom models, meaning you will have to create new models for Reforged specifically. Do you plan to do so anytime soon? Or will it be lower priority?

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
For newer versions Reforged graphics has been disabled entirely.
We won't be looking into enabling it again until it is possible for us to adjust certain things based on which version you are playing (such as model used, height etc.)

Level 4
I'm usually prefer to find things myself, but this damn door already consumed about 2 hours of my time and i have NO IDEA where is the second foot switch.
Please, help.

Attachments

• gfdf.PNG
    gfdf.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 196
Level 4
Well, this for certain was a fun game.
I still have a feeling that i've missed a lot, but have zero info about it.
Also playing on the older version (2.4.4) didn't helps much lol.

I guess there's only this T'raqi obelisk thing left, but it's probably RNG, since none of my stuff works with it

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 164
  • sunkencity.png
    sunkencity.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 174
Level 10
I played it for ~7 hours and could not make all the content there was to do.

I'd like to say that the inspection ability really adds a lot to the experience. Sometimes it's great but sometimes it isn't (specialy when you don't read what the ability does. I had it coming :Facepalm:lol). It took me quite some time to figure out that spell is not just used to inspect but to also interact with the enviroment. This got me so much headache because I couldn't advance on the map and it did make me quit playing one time. Luckily I didn't because it was such a good time.

There is a lot of text to read for so It's pleasent to go in while also having some lore behind it. I'm also amazed at the whole level of Hero customizations there is to do!

I finished the map solo with the Undead Rogue on Normal (the easiest of all lol).

Someday I'd like to play it full house but still enjoyable and replayable nevertheless!

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I played it for ~7 hours and could not make all the content there was to do.

I'd like to say that the inspection ability really adds a lot to the experience. Sometimes it's great but sometimes it isn't (specialy when you don't read what the ability does. I had it coming :Facepalm:lol). It took me quite some time to figure out that spell is not just used to inspect but to also interact with the enviroment. This got me so much headache because I couldn't advance on the map and it did make me quit playing one time. Luckily I didn't because it was such a good time.

There is a lot of text to read for so It's pleasent to go in while also having some lore behind it. I'm also amazed at the whole level of Hero customizations there is to do!

I finished the map solo with the Undead Rogue on Normal (the easiest of all lol).

Someday I'd like to play it full house but still enjoyable and replayable nevertheless!
wait how did you solo with him? I can only solo on certain summoners like Tinker, Death Knight, Warlock, and the Naga Warrior (before he got disabled)

Level 10
wait how did you solo with him? I can only solo on certain summoners like Tinker, Death Knight, Warlock, and the Naga Warrior (before he got disabled)
Hi. (I tried to open the last save of the Rogue but for some reason the game keeps finishing my game so I'll try recalling what I did).

To be honest, sometimes it wasn't easy. Since he's an AGI hero what I needed was to be durable.

Therefore, on (ESC) I divided all my points to defense + attack speed. Went for Vanish HP regen + Fan of Knives proc everytime I used an ability + Damage dealt +#% all damage dealt talents. Having chosen those talents, I mixed them with spell and attack life steal.

Pretty much all I had to do was hit and make sure to use all of the spells when ready. If in trouble > Vanish and retreat for a bit. (Of course, it's a risky gameplay since sometimes the proc doesn't go off, they have dmg over time or entangle).

When talking about items, (If I remember correctly) I had 3 of them that gave me +# to all stats, 1 for defense and heal, and the rest something to boost my attack speed/damage.

Unusued blue + purple items were transmuted to gain some permanent STR + AGI. Also used the mana stones (wood) to buy some STR + AGI tomes as well.

Edit: have in mind that, as mentioned above, it was played on easy, normal with 50 lives.

Level 1
This is best wc3 map ever made. We (brother and I) played it 10 years ago and we are playing it now. Found all secrets, we know every hero and every part of map, just wondering when will new version be released?

I wish after passing game on hardest, that you can get code to start new game with legend item and new harder mod that would previously be locked :)
(that's just me being greedy) :D

I am visiting Hive for long time but main reason I created account now is to say this:
Way to go SpasMaster and everyone involved in this project. You really made something special.

Thank you for this masterpiece. :thumbs_up: