• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 18
Making the version work for 1.31 is not possible, since it uses features exclusive to the current latest version of Warcraft 3.
I realize that, but it appears these features are mostly visual (commandbuttoneffect/unitskin) so in theory they could be removed. You'd only have to find a replacement for using BlzGetEventIsAttack. And yes when I say it like this it sounds a lot easier than it really is.

Level 18
That function is used, I am pretty sure, in @Bribe 's Damage Engine which powers core features of the map.
So I don't think removing it would be possible without messing with the system.
Found this in the damage engine description:
JASS:
function BlzGetEventIsAttack takes nothing returns boolean
   return BlzGetEventDamageType() == DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL
endfunction

Level 4
Not sure it is fair to expect make makers to make multiple versions of their maps.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree. But at the same time the situation is such that plenty of people are not willing to move to 1.32, as seen with the negative responce regarding the launch of Reforged. So it would be a shame for so many people to miss out and at the same time shame for the developers/creaters of custom maps like this, in which I believe a vast amount of effort has been put in, as they are missing out on a huge chunk of players. Honestlly, not sure what is the right thing to do.

Level 4
my games crashes after around 1h 40 min, also thanks you so much for updating, it is fucking amazing and im so happy you're still working on this map, been playing for years with my best friend and i love it so much

Level 3
The maps itself is great but..

I really didnt like soloing it i died about 1/3 of the kills i had to 1/4 so the map is very great in environment and texture i love that but possibly adding a shop or two of buyable things and instead of making this just a hero vs random nagas and sea things turn it into an rpg or some kinda quested thing

5/5 for map itself :thumbs_up:
2/5 for the ability to solo it, maybe its just me and i suck but it was hard :thumbs_down:

Play Siren and you can defeat all your enemy with suitable items and talents and of course with your summon

Level 2
I need help. I can't install this map on War3 1.31. Can't load in LAN or Single Player

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 131
Level 1
Hello all!, can i ask you guys for this problem? I do love the Necromancer, but personally I prefer the Necromancer with Raise Dead choosing a visible area then raising a skeleton warrior than ticking. I'm quite sure it was from an older version. Is there a possible way to turn my Necromancer back? Or plz just tell me which version is it so I can play my fav version of Razius. Thank you so much!!!

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
Hello all!, can i ask you guys for this problem? I do love the Necromancer, but personally I prefer the Necromancer with Raise Dead choosing a visible area then raising a skeleton warrior than ticking. I'm quite sure it was from an older version. Is there a possible way to turn my Necromancer back? Or plz just tell me which version is it so I can play my fav version of Razius. Thank you so much!!!

Necromancer was reworked in version 2.4.1 - so to play the previous iteration you need to play version 2.4.0 or lower.

Senneria

Level 6
Steel Cleaver Recepie is missing Stopwatch from its required items list.
The item is not missing from the list, it's an issue with your resolution in Warcraft 3 cutting off parts of the item description.
We have a channel dedicated to looking up items (including required items for the recipe) in our discord.

SpasMaster

Level 23
The Scroll's effect says:
Use: Spawns 1-3 tomes of Agility, Strength or Intelligence at your hero. The amount of tomes spawned is permanently determined by your hero level at the time you purchased the item. Level 1-8 spawns 1 tome, 9-12 spawns 2 tomes, 13-18 spawns 3 tomes. (Cooldown: 210 seconds)

Just so we are clear, if you purchase the item at level 1-8, it will always give 1 Tome and that's intended. If you purchase it between 9-12, it will always spawn 2 Tomes, etc.

Let me know if that's the case for you.

Level 1
Dammm I really do love this map, been playing it since 2014 I think, when you could control multiple heroes at the same time I think? Anyways amazing, been trying to solo on hell-normal and the drooid is amazing to solo, sadly it took me like 6 hours to reach hakkar and got fatal error T_T. Love your work!

Level 7
me n my gf cant play the map because i dont want to download the shittiest move in wc3 history 'reforged'. yestday we downloaded daemonic sword, that also requires reforged. what a flop man.
can anyone tell what can be done to play the latest maps? is it impossible without degrading to forged???m

Level 1
me n my gf cant play the map because i dont want to download the shittiest move in wc3 history 'reforged'. yestday we downloaded daemonic sword, that also requires reforged. what a flop man.
can anyone tell what can be done to play the latest maps? is it impossible without degrading to forged???m
Neither this map nor Daemonic sword requires Reforged, I'm playing Daemonic Sword right now and I don't have reforged. However, you need a recent version of Warcraft 3 to play those maps (at least 1.29 I think, but it might requires the most recents ones (the most recent one is 1.31.1)).

Level 1
Hey a question. I'm on a solo run as warrior, trying to create the Steel Cleaver from Tier 2 recipes. I have everything it requires (Heart of Life + Ancient Amulet + recipe), but it won't combine. So am I understanding this wrong? Does it require for me to play a spellcaster or is it bugged? 2.4.6b
Edit: I also noticed the tooltip saying 1950g in total, but the ingredients listed in the tooltip + recipe is only 500+500+630=1630g. So is it missing something from the tooltip?
Edit2: Tested it out, it's missing Stopwatch (320g) from the recipes tooltip. Seems to be working now.

Last edited:
Level 1
Currently trying to find all of the pieces I need for the Titanforged Hammer. Over 10 hours into my current solo run, I've got access to fight
Atal'ai
, but I wanted to get this hammer and access to that Titan room first before I get through with that fight, since I'm also trying to get all of the secret areas. I've got the handle and the elixir, but I have no clue what the other pieces are or where they are located.

Wouldn't doubt that I missed out on a bookcase somewhere. A hint or direct answer is appreciated.

Bug report: Scroll of Infinite Knowledge did NOT drop 3 tombs when I clicked it (tested this a couple times) when I had purchased and made the recipe at level 14. (Says it drops 3 at 13-18)

PS. My only complaint about a solo run is that you have to know that you shouldn't use
YOUR ONLY EXPLOSIVE IN THE VAULT
from previous experience to actually progress, because I softlocked a previous 3-4 hour solo run by not
blowing up that gate.

Last edited:
Level 1
The saving doesn't work. I have started the game in offline mode, and played for 6 hours or so (Insane difficulty), saving on multiple files through the gameplay. Loading was fine during the same game session. Then I turned off Warcraft - cause you know, I wanted to go to sleep and do other things with my life - and once launched again, the loading didn't work anymore. I thought it was my fault, the save files being corrupt or something, so I started it again (Insane + Hero mode), played again for 8 hours or so, turned my PC off for the night, and I can't load anything back. Is there a way to fix this and use my save files?

This is the game screen after loading any save. It loads for a while, it gets stuck half-way, then suddenly prompts the "press a button to start" and this shows up.

EDIT: So, assuming there was some in-game cache that needed to be initialised, I have tried to create a (yet) new game, I have selected the same difficulty (Insane + Hero mode) and the same hero (Deathknight), and THEN I have loaded my last save. And it worked. I don't know if my hypothesis was correct though, nor if it is a reliable fix. I will leave this post here in case other people encounter a similar error.

EDIT. This method is NOT reliable at all. No reply from the developers either. Do NOT play this map if you intend to do so over multiple sessions as you might be unable to resume past a certain point

upload_2021-1-9_17-15-8.png

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey, i'm new on the sunken city, but my friend and i were apendind a lot of time playing thi map, and it's awesome!!
The point is, we don't have the Reforged and i wanted to know if it is possible to play 2.4.4c+ versions without the reforged. i have 1.30 and 1.31 wc3 versions.

we're so hyped that we became a little meme on our discord friend groud hahaha. bc we're aways creating a new save with new heros/builds and it's endless :xxd:

Gratz for the game, it's a god tier map hehe

Hey, i'm new on the sunken city, but my friend and i were apendind a lot of time playing thi map, and it's awesome!!
The point is, we don't have the Reforged and i wanted to know if it is possible to play 2.4.4c+ versions without the reforged. i have 1.30 and 1.31 wc3 versions.

we're so hyped that we became a little meme on our discord friend groud hahaha. bc we're aways creating a new save with new heros/builds and it's endless :xxd:

Gratz for the game, it's a god tier map hehe

EpicWar has a version of Sunken City that is compatible on lower patches:
Sunken City 2.4.4b

Level 1
Hi!
Love playing sunken city but am wondering if anyone knows of a PC game (not W3 map) that is similar to Sunken city? Ideally something a bit newer but most importantly with the same idea of exploring with the possibility of choosing different characters, leveling skills, itemization and similar combat style.

Senneria

Level 6
Hello everyone,

We wanted to thank the community and everyone that keeps downloading & playing Sunken City.
We've been quite busy massively updating the map & expanding what is possible, from a complete overhaul of every item and hero to brand new systems, resources and UI.

Sunken City was first uploaded to hive in 2010 - and to this day is still being actively worked on.
This wouldn't be possible without the support provided by the community, both the feedback as well as the excitement we experience via our Discord server.

We hope the you will continue to enjoy playing the map as much as we enjoy working on it - your passion is what keeps us working to improve the map.

So once again, thank you for all the support, and we will see you within the ruins of Kalisea.

Level 4
I am VERY impressed with the new system for the shop, this is some next, next, NEXT level stuff!

Very excited on things to come!

However me and my friend had a crash yesterday (desync), me playing feral druid and him playing shadow shaman. It happened the second I bought belt of ulduar (I bought the item directly).

SpasMaster

Level 23
I am VERY impressed with the new system for the shop, this is some next, next, NEXT level stuff!

All credit for the Shop System goes to @Tasyen !

However me and my friend had a crash yesterday (desync), me playing feral druid and him playing shadow shaman. It happened the second I bought belt of ulduar (I bought the item directly).

@Tasyen I've heard other people have reported similar desync issues. Perhaps this report might be of use?
Let me know if me and my Discord testers can be of use to you by testing things out.

Level 2
I had a few problems here, too. Finally I got it.
You have to press the "Cancel" button on Oris's inventory and you get your hero back.
Yeah, but my problem is press "Cancel" button but can't back to my hero, i g break the magic wall and Cancel, but nothing happen