• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...

Vidovit

Banned
Level 3
Azothan is playing it on YT now so it's fun to watch and i'm thinking of playing it as well.
There should be an explanation on how to play it in multiplayer with tauren NPC - like how to save game in mp etc.. i'm sure it's explained in this thread but nothing in-game as far as i've seen.

Of course a lot of work went into this and i can only appreciate the effort but wtf is it with those wow models. they totally don't fit in and it's for some classes that have great war3 models - death knight, druid.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Azothan is playing it on YT now so it's fun to watch and i'm thinking of playing it as well.
Yeah, I saw the videos myself. Great stuff!
There should be an explanation on how to play it in multiplayer with tauren NPC - like how to save game in mp etc.. i'm sure it's explained in this thread but nothing in-game as far as i've seen.
Well, generally the way to do it is via the regular Warcraft 3 Save/Load menu. Thus, I always felt it weird to give an explanation about a core feature of Warcraft 3. The real issue, in my opinion, rises from the fact that bot hosting or hosting through ENT in general disables this feature and leads to confusion. But I see the point and I'll see what I can do.
wtf is it with those wow models. they totally don't fit in and it's for some classes that have great war3 models - death knight, druid.
To be fair, whether they fit or not is kinda subjective - some people notice it and it stands out for them, while for others it's not the case. At any rate, the map's lore centers around a team of Horde heroes, which means that those 'great warcraft 3 models' you are talking about (I suppose the Malfurion/Druid of the Talon for the Druid and the Arthas for the Death Knight) wouldn't fit from lore perspective. There are barely any Druid and Death Knight models of good quality (if any) out there that are also Horde-related. That being said, a custom model for the Death Knight has been in the works for a while, specifically created for Sunken City that will replace the WoW model.

Level 1
Today the Warcraft 3 patch 1.29 has launched, and the increased native resolution has broken the custom UI for sunken city. :(

Edit: Also the damage number are broken

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Yes, the new patch breaks a lot of stuff. I advise sticking to 1.28.5 for those who want to play Sunken City without issues.
I am actively working with Hiveworkshop and Blizzard to get all things resolved as fast as possible. We just have to be patient.

Level 1
Yes, the new patch breaks a lot of stuff. I advise sticking to 1.28.5 for those who want to play Sunken City without issues.
I am actively working with Hiveworkshop and Blizzard to get all things resolved as fast as possible. We just have to be patient.

Thanks for all of your hard work! Really appreciate all of the work you have poured into this map :)

Level 4
The save and load function is utterly bugged. I suppose the new patch even enhanced that. Something like loaded games have no computers (brown and what the other color was).

The normal function of save and load does not work with bots, so you have to host it manually and that's nonsense.

Esentially, this map doesn't have save and load function and that's a pretty huge handicap.

SpasMaster

Level 23
The normal function of save and load does not work with bots, so you have to host it manually and that's nonsense.
Catering to third party service is what is nonsense to me. I have played with hundreds of people over my years in Warcraft 3 and we saved and loaded hundreds of games with the default loading system. Using a service (bots) that disables this feature is entirely your choice and as such you should face it's disabilities.
Esentially, this map doesn't have save and load function and that's a pretty huge handicap.
This map is not an ORPG. Save/Load functions are for ORPGs that take many multiple takes to complete. Sunken City is not designed with such gameplay in mind and lasts 3-5 hours based on team setup and difficulty selected. Such gameplay time does not demand a save/load function in any way.

Level 4
Catering to third party service is what is nonsense to me. I have played with hundreds of people over my years in Warcraft 3 and we saved and loaded hundreds of games with the default loading system. Using a service (bots) that disables this feature is entirely your choice and as such you should face it's disabilities.

This map is not an ORPG. Save/Load functions are for ORPGs that take many multiple takes to complete. Sunken City is not designed with such gameplay in mind and lasts 3-5 hours based on team setup and difficulty selected. Such gameplay time does not demand a save/load function in any way.
Well, of course that me and my friends tried to do it manually so the save and load option is available, but neither of us can join each other's game. Everything goes grey and you get an error saying that game doesn't exist.

Furthermore, if someone starts to lag out (that waiting for players thing), there is nothing you can do about it and it usually means that someone will be dropped out. That's not the case whilst playing on bot hosted games since they are way more reliable.

Took us 4h to get to that ultra attack speed doom lord boss and only like half of the map has been discovered and tons of other secrets were not solved. I disagree that there is esentially no need for saveload function in this map. Not to mention that sometimes you simply don't have the will or the time to play a map for that long and once you find more time or are refreshed you can not continue from where you stopped, but have to start all over again.

Level 6
Well, of course that me and my friends tried to do it manually so the save and load option is available, but neither of us can join each other's game. Everything goes grey and you get an error saying that game doesn't exist.

If that happened then some one did not Port Forward their router correctly. Just like a bot has its port open, so must the host of the game. No difference

Furthermore, if someone starts to lag out (that waiting for players thing), there is nothing you can do about it and it usually means that someone will be dropped out. That's not the case whilst playing on bot hosted games since they are way more reliable.

This happens when some one has a poor internet connection or poor connection to the host, this is not the case for most people and you still get people lagging out in bot hosted games it happens plenty enough, Bots are not at all more reliable.

You can also Save more often if you are afraid of this happening.

I disagree that there is esentially no need for saveload function in this map. Not to mention that sometimes you simply don't have the will or the time to play a map for that long and once you find more time or are refreshed you can not continue from where you stopped, but have to start all over again.

A save code system is not needed if the host can properly set up Port Forwarding, if they can not its their own fault, its not hard at all to be done.

If "you simply don't have the will or the time to play a map for that long and once you find more time or are refreshed" you can simply use Warcraft III's in game save/load feature, if the host has properly set up their Port Forwarding, which any one can do.

Last edited:
Level 15
Any plans on adding one extra spell to every hero? I am not saying about ultimate, I am thinking about just normal spell. Because, at the moment I feel like I have too few buttons to press majority of the time.

Level 1
Hello, sorry if this is known already, but I couldnt find any info about it.
I noticed today that certain enemies dont get damaged by some spells.
The very first three murlocs did not get damaged by Ice lancer's Ice lance Q ability and his passive Cold touch.
Same with the Tauren druid ability Starfury.
Both of the jungle stalkers are receiving damage as intended.
The demon pack after opening the first door has the same issue as the murloc camp.
They also dont have damage numbers popping up, but targeted abilities do work on them.

It appears any ability that is not targeting either an enemy or an area will not deal damage to most of the monster packs. This also goes hand in hand with missing floating damage numbers.
Just had it happen on the paladin circling hammers aswell, works fine against the jungle stalker, absolutely no effect vs the murlocs and demons.

Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, so, one of us did the port forward. All of us entered it and started the game. Decided to save at the beginning after choosing heroes to see if it is working. The host guy loaded the game and there are no bots (usually there are 2 comp normals) and neither of the rest of us could join it. Either everything is grey and it says you can not join the specified game or it looks like it will join and in the end it doesn't (the UI goes up and simply puts you on the same screen you were before) and notifies anyone inside the lobby that player entered and left at the same time.

So?

EDIT: I've done the same thing he did through port forwarding. Still can't join.
"Hosting manually is the same if not superior to hosting with bots" In-freaking-deed.

EDIT2: We tried some blizz map (duskwood) and the same problem arises. Perhaps this is a bug that came with the new patch but nobody noticed it yet since people don't do save/load(/host?) manually.

Last edited:
Level 6
EDIT2: We tried some blizz map (duskwood) and the same problem arises. Perhaps this is a bug that came with the new patch but nobody noticed it yet since people don't do save/load(/host?) manually.

this could be possibly something on your end as well (or his since he is hosting) , as for me i dont have any issues like this, and i also dont know of any one else who has the issue your describing

so im out of ideas

pm me your discord name and i can try and host and troubleshoot with you more

Level 4
this could be possibly something on your end as well (or his since he is hosting) , as for me i dont have any issues like this, and i also dont know of any one else who has the issue your describing

so im out of ideas

pm me your discord name and i can try and host and troubleshoot with you more
You limit who can see your profile page so I can not PM you. PM me yours instead, please.

Level 3
Hi guys. I`m stuck in 2.4.2 version, Insane, Normal(not heroic), Necromancer. In previous versions 1.92 and 2.2.9 it all was ok (levers, keys to open main`s) about to proceed. For now i can not find a way to proceed the map: passed the Twin corridors, reached the Elves and stuck. No keys, no levers to open Garden, i even cant complete optional Waterworks(cant find solution of water flows).

EDIT: Very sorry. i have just 'inspected' the table and found a key. Must have read the Mahul`s rules first about changes damn me!!

Little review: A lot of thanks for the Death Knight and Necromancer. I only play games or especcially W3 maps having Vampire`like, Undead heroes; hate "warrior, archer, mage" games/maps.

Last edited:
Level 1
Aisolon, what Warcraft version are you running? I've heard about issues in most recent 1.29 patch.
Exactly that. Since I dont really have a choice in which version I want, owning a legal copy, im kinda boned until either blizzard fixes this or spas comes around making a compatibility patch.

Last edited:
Level 3
Putting one hour into it, I can say that it performs really well. It has all the boxes ticked in terms of modern RPG elements. However, it is clear that the game was intended to be played in a team, which makes my singleplayer run anything but relaxing.

Hell no!!) i was just recently gladly soloed on Hard, exactly relaxing after works)

Level 3
You've got some exotic tastes, my friend
I didnt catch, my friend. You misunderstood. "sometimes to explain 2 words you have to write a book"...
1. If you set all players "close" except yours, game is counted as single player, this maybe affects gameplay somehow.
2. I bet for 100% you played with some warrior, mage, rogue etc, they can not just bruise along. Thats the eternal problem with all such heroes, they are not independent, supporting recommended. And yes,most of wonderful maps are for team play( But there are 2 heroes, at least, that never experience lack of party;) that`s why boldly can run hard for more fun rather than 1-2 shoting on easy.

Level 1
hey there,
im really enjoying your map atm, thx for your amazing work!
i had a hard time at the beginning of the game, maybe because i decided to solo the heroic insane mode on my first run, who knows?
no bug so far except some critical errors when reloading, but its not much of an issue.
the problem is that im stuck at a door in west wing, the one that requires circles of power to be opened. sea elementals or grunts cant activate those circles, is it a bug or is it meant to be doable by at least 2 players? id really love to not have to give up on this run, took me hours to get there :)

Oh my.... im feeling dumb right now ^^ thx for the reply

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
the problem is that im stuck at a door in west wing, the one that requires circles of power to be opened.
Inspect them :p
I bet for 100% you played with some warrior, mage, rogue etc, they can not just bruise along.
Mage is one of the best heroes to solo the map with. The rest you listed can do just fine. Generally speaking, any hero can solo the map on any difficulty/mode if you play correctly. Some have easier time than others, but both Warrior and Mage certainly aren't of those who have harder time doing it.
However, it is clear that the game was intended to be played in a team, which makes my singleplayer run anything but relaxing.
That is correct, the game is not designed with single player in mind. That said, there are many approaches where you can literally steam roll through the map on easy standard solo if you play your early game correctly (the right, glyphs, talents etc).

Level 3
there are actually ways to steam roll even insane heroic with the right hero set-ups (it's just insanely hard to get it going properly)
once you have one or two items you can go nuts with some characters, like the berserker and the death knight. until then though it's hit and run tactics and multiple cheesy deaths unless you're really careful.

Level 1
there are actually ways to steam roll even insane heroic with the right hero set-ups (it's just insanely hard to get it going properly)
once you have one or two items you can go nuts with some characters, like the berserker and the death knight. until then though it's hit and run tactics and multiple cheesy deaths unless you're really careful.
Crett, do you mind sharing what items and build in your opinion works for solo Berserker? You can pm me if you don't want to spoil the fun for others :p

Level 3
Crett, do you mind sharing what items and build in your opinion works for solo Berserker? You can pm me if you don't want to spoil the fun for others :p

what you really want is to become as tanky as possible.

voodoo shuffle and astral shift are your friends, second glyph should be whatever heals you more between the regen and the lifesteal.

get items with flat damage reduction/reduction based on agility first. order isn’t too important, because once you’re at a certain baseline of durability you just need the attack/crit boosting items and your lifesteal will become bonkers.

its been a while so a lot of the so specifics escape me, but here’s my promise; the early game will comprise the bulk of the time you spend on this run, because you’ll have to do very cowardly, time consuming things to clear mobs and once you start getting tanky items and levels everything becomes a trash mob

determination leads u to ultimate power. that and skull splitting snakes for hours.

Level 3
yea! have fun

really though i have to stress it's going to be quite a slog in the early game. you'll be WQing mobs and running away until their cooldowns are back up, but if you're willing to put up with that long enough for those first couple of levels (first 3-4 hours really, maybe longer) you will be golden later.

Last edited:
Level 24
what you really want is to become as tanky as possible.

voodoo shuffle and astral shift are your friends, second glyph should be whatever heals you more between the regen and the lifesteal.

get items with flat damage reduction/reduction based on agility first. order isn’t too important, because once you’re at a certain baseline of durability you just need the attack/crit boosting items and your lifesteal will become bonkers.

its been a while so a lot of the so specifics escape me, but here’s my promise; the early game will comprise the bulk of the time you spend on this run, because you’ll have to do very cowardly, time consuming things to clear mobs and once you start getting tanky items and levels everything becomes a trash mob

determination leads u to ultimate power. that and skull splitting snakes for hours.

Fine, I'll give it a shot with this exact build.

EDIT: It works.

Now I'm stuck at the Massive Gate

Last edited:
Level 4
There are a number of "Massive Gates" tho all of them can be passed with some reading shelves and inspecting. or rare cases EXPLOSIONS. :D

Level 24
The bookshelf next to the zombie-spawning Skeleton mentions a key dropped at the Fire Pot.
There is a way to extinguish the fire and acquire the key. Look near the Alliance camp close to the Volcano for something that can help you do that.

I edited my post out of sheer excitement when I managed to solve the puzzle.

At this point, I made it really far in the game and I only stopped because I had to take a dinner break.

I'm changing my rating, this map is a step above the rest. It even rivals full fledged games through sheer scale. Congratulations!

Level 2
I have created a thread where people can ask and answer to questions about puzzles. That way, there will be a dedicated place which will be easier to go through for puzzle solutions.
Puzzle Hints, Help & Solutions Thread
Oh, thanks. No need, already found the models I was scrounging for. By the way, the map itself was fun. I got the hang of it after playing a few times. VERY challenging but fun nonetheless. Thanks!

Level 3
played old version from years ago today... some kind of str grom hellscream model. SOlo mind you. Hes so broken. So is trickle gold from charm and midas. Broke one of the quests cause i triggered an objective without even starting the quest by jumping through where i wasnt supposed to and i cant be arsed to play from older save lol. Its a great map though.

Level 1
Can any1 give me a hint where the Corrupted Essence is, I've cleared the map twice now on Solo Heroic Hell and I still can't find it anywhere :/

Level 2
I have a few bugs to report. I was playing through on standard easy difficulty as a warlock.

I was able to gain experience in the waterworks dungeon even though the dungeon says it shouldn't grant any.

The grimoire of synergy talent seems to spawn demons that last for a flat 10 seconds even though it should also scale with maximum health.

The malefic grasp talent damage bonus applies to all currently summoned demons even if you're only using siphon life on one. I would assume the damage reduction portion of the talent is the same (although I haven't tested it).

Edit: Also the "-stats" command pastes the info text on the bottom half of the screen overlapping with the overlay making it unreadable.

Last edited: