• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Hey, after some time I returned to your great map and there are some things I observed. Also I hope you wouldn't dislike me if I posted some of my balance ideas between heroes:
-Arcane Mage's Living Bomb is keybid to "L" instead of "F"
-Witch Hunter's Mending Ward seems to have no keybid at all (got the same problem with one other hero, can't remember though which one, will write when I happen to play him; my guess it was Blood Mage with his healing)
-Hands down to Necro+Tinker comp aka lag+crash team :D The idea of self-resurrecting minions is really good but at a lvl 8-10 the amount of those skeletons and goblins is overpowered and irritating at the same time and lowering %chance probably wouldn't fix it:

First of all that moment when my brave skeleton warrior who was following me to the next boss suddenly changes his preferences and becomes a mage which doesn't care about my previous orders - seems managable until you realize there are a few groups of 5-10 skeletons spread over the map which only stand and increase the lag :D maybe instead of %chance on death to create you could make a trigger which rolls that %chance when it's 1s left of summon and add time to it if succeed?

Secondly the amount is sometimes unmanagable.. With the ability to self-resurrect, Necro's Animate Dead (+ snakes on heroic) and/or just amount from Tinker's Factories, after each fight I (sometimes we) usually have to wait before some of them die to be able to freely move through map. Maybe lower collision radius for summons? Or make allied units pass through them (seems kina undoable though).

Next case is with how well those two scale - I have a game with Necro, solo on insane+heroic mode and I'm half through the game with nearly the same time as with 2-3ppl. Glyphs of Commandership+Carrion Swarm scales really well - probably the only character I can just facetank every camp since the beginning of the game without hit-and-run tactic. With Tinker it's harder at the start but once you get enought mana regen + mana from ESC stats (for Goblin's skill) it's the same story - I took like half hp of Cevius with 2 Factories + Static Charge army of goblins to his face. Not the same beginning as Necro but still later pretty op.

Edit: We are talking about insane+heroics only of course :)

-Windmaster (such a great idea, so many possibilities for gearing this hero, really good job :D ) - even though he is immune to magic during his Whirlwind, ghosts on heroic can still deal damage to him. I guess it's neither spell nor physical damage?

-Demon Hunter - I love the idea due to my history with WOW, but he seems a bit lacking.. Maybe enable him to extend his metamorphosis through dealing damage? Something like dummy unit which has negative hp regen and is getting healed for %dmg of your damage, and keeps metamorphosis till it dies? Also he should be real mana-eater, only one skill with small 50% of intellect manasteal is kinda weak - especially when all intellect books go to your healer.

-Witch Hunter's Poison Toad - I'm not sure about that one but it seemed to have a nice green smoke-eruption effect (or it had in one of previous versions) currently on 6th level and there's no graphic effect for it's explosion.

-Not sure if it's map fault or my friend's Warcraft but sometimes Lan saves only on host PC, not the other - killing our game cause he can't enter anymore (due to missing file).

-Cave near Ferric's Throne (near those three towers and three blazers) seems to have like 80-90% chance to spawn enemies. Funny how I finish killing one group of enemies, move 1m and another one comes out of this cave :D

-Healing Stones (or Teleportation Stones or whatever they are called) - I guess they are made to heal enemies too but sometimes they don't heal them, enabling easy tanking.

-Don't get me wrong here - I love your map, but the stats system seems a bit chaotic. Maybe disable on Heroic or Insane the ability to gain stats through books/altars and leave only those from items/abilities?

-Lastly - maybe some kind of random "corruption" debuff - unallying one player and makim him attack others for a set amount of time or till he is brought to certain % of hp?

Edit2: Forgot to mention but Warlock and Dragon Knight seems to shout their reactions with each click of mouse even though having turned off unit reactions :)

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm not frequently active on forums so when I do I have already quite a few playthroughs done with a map:)

Last edited:

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
Edit2: Forgot to mention but Warlock and Dragon Knight seems to shout their reactions with each click of mouse even though having turned off unit reactions :)
Warlock and Dragon Knight "reactions" are trigger based, hence it ignores the warcraft 3 options to turn off unit reactions.

yhe

yhe

Level 1
Hey, im playing 2.3.4 using siren, and the enemies keep on running. I will attack them then they will run into some corner and then comeback to fight. It makes them so much easier to kill. Is it some kind of bug?

anyway great map as always.

Level 2
I just wanted to ask something to make sure I get this:

Snowy Bond stops Shatter from eating Frost Armor now. Does that mean Shatter doesn't get the damage bonus too, or does Snowy Bond just make it so it does but doesn't eat the buff?

Thanks! Love the map

Level 6
For the Horde! quest is not working properly. If I free the grunt after I kill the naga, there isn't a trigger to let me take the control over him. Or is it intentional this way?

In older versions, there was (and still is) a chest key in water part near the platform at the Western entrance. It counted it as a secret area before, but right now it's not one.
I have an impression that some secret areas are not counted as revealed and some areas delay the count, while others are on the spot. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Skull Split description doesn't say about the 10% execution treshold.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes. With Snowy Bond Shatter won't consume Frost Armor, thus not dealing bonus damage.
Okay, I thought so. Seems like a worthy trade off depending on what you're doing!

Ice Nova is a fantastic talent by the way! It's well designed in that it encourages you to level the skill, and in that since it gets reset so much, you get more tactical options with it! It fits in very nicely.

Level 6
what kind of creature who dropped the key
and is it possible to use ultrasafe transporter to teleport to the wine

No teleporter needed here.

There's a big dark naga standing near the troll dungeon. You need to use an item over him to kill and get the ghost key.

Level 6
what item?

Bolt projectile kind of item.

A bug report(?):
I'm in the Queen's Tomb dungeon right now and what happened. I stepped onto a blue square, it teles me out and I was stunned for at least 4 seconds. The same thing happened in the Western part with all the green squares. The ones that you need to figure out the correct way and if you don't, they will tele you out.

After finishing the Explorer quest, it says: + 700 gold, + 3 lives, + 10 all stats.

2 problems here:
1. It didn't gave me +3 lives, no lives at all
2. In the description it says +5 lives and no mentioning of gold.

Level 2
Game always crashes when I try to kill the Corrupted Furbolg Warrior, which spawns south of the troll dungeon, with my Tidewarrior lvl 8. But as soon as I kill the skeleton warrior next to it first and hit lvl 9, i can kill the furbolg without crashing the game. typed in -2 and it showed that it was only at 1-3
Sunken City crash when killing furbolg fist.png

SpasMaster

Level 23
Game always crashes when I try to kill the Corrupted Furbolg Warrior, which spawns south of the troll dungeon, with my Tidewarrior lvl 8. But as soon as I kill the skeleton warrior next to it first and hit lvl 9, i can kill the furbolg without crashing the game
Can you give me the crash log located in your warcraft folder?

Level 3
Hi there,

Great changes with the talents! love it. I didnt read the last 10 pages so I am not sure if these bugs are already mentioned, if so sorry then:

1. My Magic Find seems to drop with every creep I kill, currently its says 495967 and when I scroll the cursor over this field it says -260/260. I don´t know if this is just a number or a "real" bug but I got the "feeling" that the item drops got less. It started after I choose the Magic Find glyph I think...

2. The Endless Treasure Chest item doesnt generate gold every few secs like it should do.

3. The Rougues Shadowstep skill sometimes puts you on cliffs or edges where you shouldnt be able to get to. E.g. In the Waterworks dungeon you can land on the water and are unable to move.

4. Also in the Waterwork dungeon, the creeps from the Satyr boss area can cast spells like Healing Wave when you fight in the Waterworks.

So far :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Where do I go after beating the three baddies (The Dreadlord and his succubus and orc), and getting the ghost cloak?

Senneria

Level 6
Where do I go after beating the three baddies (The Dreadlord and his succubus and orc), and getting the ghost cloak?
Ghost Cloak is in the Vault.
To proceed head south, defeat water boss and you will find a large gate. One of the council drops explosives.

Level 2
Hello, not to be rude, but Darkmoon Greatness is no use for STR heroes, i must admit that i was hiked when i saw it in the change log ... but.

Level 6
4. Also in the Waterwork dungeon, the creeps from the Satyr boss area can cast spells like Healing Wave when you fight in the Waterworks.

Happened to me as well.
Also, there are a few places which this can occur too with other mobs.

Forgot to mention about the inconsistency in the name of King's Scepter and Scepter of the king - both in the quest and in recipe description.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey $M! I have found a minor issue when I was playing with the Hunter. Seems like the DISBTN version of Sharpshooter icon is acting like the BTN and if you press F10 it displays the Green Square.

P.D.: Thanks for buffing Death Knight! :D

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032717_163325_02.tga
    3 MB · Views: 97
Level 1
Hello, SpasMaster, I wanna translate your map to Russian language (make version with russian texts). What do you think about it? Map pretty hard for new players, there are many things, with should be explained, and it takes too much time for briefing new players. I found that in Russia not so many people know about this map, but everyone who plays - spoke about map very well! I think there will be more russian hosts with that map, if peoples have russian version.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello, SpasMaster, I wanna translate your map to Russian language (make version with russian texts). What do you think about it? Map pretty hard for new players, there are many things, with should be explained, and it takes too much time for briefing new players. I found that in Russia not so many people know about this map, but everyone who plays - spoke about map very well! I think there will be more russian hosts with that map, if peoples have russian version.

I can help with translation if you need :p

Level 6
Robes of Azshara doesn't heal at all.

And this error happened while trying to cast Killshot on the Naga.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032917_161501_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_032917_161501_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Level 1
Hey, i'm already in the latest patch (1.26) but still got the message "The map file is too big" when i try playing in the LAN, how do you solve this ppl ?

Level 6
I have some suggestions in store and want to share with you. I'm not a coder myself and that's why I'm asking if some of these are codeable, and if so, is it worth it, is it hard, is it going to take too much to code them?

Anyway, some are old suggestions but never commented before, some are new ones.

Also, I do believe all these suggestions will make the map even more great, enjoyable, flexible and more user-friendly to the mass players.

Here we go:

1. Adding the option to buy full item when the total gold sum of the required item is available. A bit user-friendly part of the game in the late stages.

2. Make some small quests more random. Ie, the peon quest in the beginning is a really good example. Also, the "Ancient Markings" quest in the troll tribe is a good example too. How it changes its position every time.

3. Make chest keys buyable. 1 key = 1 shadow crystal. I think it's a fair and balanced price.

4. If there's enough map space, add more "hidden-but-to-be-unlocked" places. Ie, King's scepter cave. It will make the map a bit more fresh and exciting trying to find the new places.

5. When hitting up max hero lvl, unlock one additional talent slot. It seems reasonable cause you are in end game and it will affect small part of the game anyway.
If the talent slot seems too imbalanced, add a "blessing" bonus. Grant the hero, let's say +5 all stats. The number can vary, of course. For encouraging the players and the game to feel more complete.

6. Right now, it is 2 esc skill points for 1 armor. Why not 1 esc p = 0.5 armor? More flexibility again.

@SpasMaster, don't get me wrong but I want to hear your thoughts on these ones.

SpasMaster

Level 23
1. Adding the option to buy full item when the total gold sum of the required item is available. A bit user-friendly part of the game in the late stages.
Would be cool but requires too much work for it to be worth it, at least at the moment. Perhaps in the future when I am dried out of ideas and have nothing left to do.
2. Make some small quests more random. Ie, the peon quest in the beginning is a really good example. Also, the "Ancient Markings" quest in the troll tribe is a good example too. How it changes its position every time.
Can happen, but very low priority atm.
3. Make chest keys buyable. 1 key = 1 shadow crystal. I think it's a fair and balanced price.
It's not the price that concerns me, but the fantasy about Chest Keys. Technically you can buy a Seed of Idrassil and exchange it for items. Making the keys buyable as well would make them less unique.
4. If there's enough map space, add more "hidden-but-to-be-unlocked" places. Ie, King's scepter cave. It will make the map a bit more fresh and exciting trying to find the new places.
Currently I am working on reworking Legendary items. And by rework, I mean, it will be entirely different. People were asking about the old Class Items, so very soon you will instead have Class-specific Legendary items that you obtain through a class-specific quest/puzzle/secret.
5. When hitting up max hero lvl, unlock one additional talent slot
Not happening.
6. Right now, it is 2 esc skill points for 1 armor. Why not 1 esc p = 0.5 armor? More flexibility again.
World Editor simply does not allow Armor to be real number (0.5, 1.5, etc). It must be an integer (rounded up number) like 1,2,3, etc.

Level 6
Currently I am working on reworking Legendary items. And by rework, I mean, it will be entirely different. People were asking about the old Class Items, so very soon you will instead have Class-specific Legendary items that you obtain through a class-specific quest/puzzle/secret.

This sounds really good. It will cover the hidden part and the class unique-item part. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the answers anyway.

SpasMaster

Level 23
my game crash when trying to load the save file. Can anyone help me..
No. Your save file is lost and nothing can be done about it.
As far as I am aware, this issue is fault to 2 things at the same time:
-the map
-your PC

I can make certain code optimizations to prevent the crash when loading, but only up to a certain point. If your PC is very old, and has low RAM, it will run into the issue, while other PCs won't.

That's what I know about it.

Level 6
I want to address an issue I've encountered before and now as well.
When accepting the quest to defend the flag in the troll tribe, it is kinda impossible to complete it in solo.
When the first wave attacks, there are spell casters with the sleep spell. They sleep you and the flag is gone. I've tried with summons - the same result.

I know that you will say, play in multiplayer and problem is solved but is it possible to make some small adjustment to it in order to be able to complete it when playing solo? Like you did a bit of adjustment to the Water elemental's boss split timer.
It will be appreciated.

P.S. If anyone managed to figure out a way to complete that quest, please do share.

Last edited:
Level 3
The Magic Find bug still appears in the 2.3.5 version. If you kill a creep the Magic Find drops by 5 or 10 percent with every kill.

I have a suggestion to smoothen the gameplay: If you find a tome in a secret area or drop from a creep, make it apply to all players. That way you could avoid disccussions who can take it.

Level 1
I'm stuck at west wing, the second door with gem slot infront - can't open it T.T i have shove pick but where should i dig???

SpasMaster

Level 23
The Magic Find bug still appears in the 2.3.5 version. If you kill a creep the Magic Find drops by 5 or 10 percent with every kill.
There is obviously something more specific here, since it doesn't appear in any of my games. Players from the Discord server haven't mentioned it either. If you are having this bug in your game I'd advise you send me the replay.
If you find a tome in a secret area or drop from a creep, make it apply to all players. That way you could avoid disccussions who can take it.
Or you can use the <-roll> command or Roll Backpack ability to have fair distribution.

Level 6
I'm stuck at west wing, the second door with gem slot infront - can't open it T.T i have shove pick but where should i dig???

The Pristine Gem will open the second door in order to activate the second platform.
There's a big gate further west which says something about how this door leads to another part of the city but it can not be opened. Thus you go south from there and you will find the soft patch to dig out a key.

Level 3
There is obviously something more specific here, since it doesn't appear in any of my games. Players from the Discord server haven't mentioned it either. If you are having this bug in your game I'd advise you send me the replay.

I dont have a replay, sorry. But I can tell you what I did: I started the game, picked the difficulties (normal + heroic) and went afk for like 5 or 6 hours to gain some gold. Then I saved the game, loaded it, picked a hero and started playing. Thats all :)

Btw: Are tome drops from the Ancient Bookshelves affected by Magic Find?

Level 2
I want to address an issue I've encountered before and now as well.
When accepting the quest to defend the flag in the troll tribe, it is kinda impossible to complete it in solo.
When the first wave attacks, there are spell casters with the sleep spell. They sleep you and the flag is gone. I've tried with summons - the same result.

I know that you will say, play in multiplayer and problem is solved but is it possible to make some small adjustment to it in order to be able to complete it when playing solo? Like you did a bit of adjustment to the Water elemental's boss split timer.
It will be appreciated.

P.S. If anyone managed to figure out a way to complete that quest, please do share.
The glyph of hellfire might help you.You can catch the enemy's attention while asleep.Then you will be hurted and wake up for fighting.