• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 6
A big thank you for bringing up a new version!

Some great changes finally. I want to add something for the next versions.

For fixing:
Blood Mage's hydras type damage description from lvl 4 says Hero instead of Chaos
Make Tinker's Goblins to not lose focus after using Static shock on a target
Just tested, Hypotermia talent doesn't freeze the main target after casting Ice blast.

Suggestions:

Мake more "unique class" items. Right now, Rogue(Vengeance feels a bit weak now, imo) and Tidewarrior have such items. In older versions, there were more of them for almost each hero class.
Make a rally point for Tinker's Pocket Factory
Make an autoping when activating a ressurection stone
Make a respawn timer in the scoreboard. I suggested it quite some time ago but still it's not in. It's a no-brainer, basically.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Some great changes finally
More like bugfixes :p
Blood Mage's hydras type damage description from lvl 4 says Hero instead of Chaos
Just tested, Hypotermia talent doesn't freeze the main target after casting Ice blast.
Will upload a hotfix version today.
Make Tinker's Goblins to not lose focus after using Static shock on a target
I have actions in place that cause them to do just that, but the AI of units trying to attack a unit with that Crwod Control effect, just prevails.
Мake more "unique class" items. In older versions, there were more of them for almost each hero class.
But you didn't have Talents then, didn't you. ;)
Class items are currently something that I don't want to further implement. They are against my current design philosophy. On top of that, there is a limit in place that prevents me from doing many more new items. So if I do add an item, I want it to be available for everyone to use. Because otherwise, I am investing resources in something that will be used in a very narrow and specific situations.
Make a rally point for Tinker's Pocket Factory
Can't do that.
Make an autoping when activating a ressurection stone
...sure? I guess.
Make a respawn timer in the scoreboard. I suggested it quite some time ago but still it's not in
Soon™

Level 6
But you didn't have Talents then, didn't you. ;)
Class items are currently something that I don't want to further implement. They are against my current design philosophy. On top of that, there is a limit in place that prevents me from doing many more new items. So if I do add an item, I want it to be available for everyone to use. Because otherwise, I am investing resources in something that will be used in a very narrow and specific situations.

Point taken.

Yesterday, I was pondering about how many "unique" features this map presents to the player.
Class items are/were one of those features.
Utilizing the skill/s of the hero to achieve it (Tide to swim, Rogue to blink in) is probably one of the most interesting, sometimes mysterious, sweet, original ideas to ever encounter in an rpg wc3 map.
Kudos for this.
I hope you bring up more ideas like this, cause this is what makes the map so awesome.
Keep it up.

SpasMaster

Level 23
New Hotfix released.
Since a new fix is coming, would you mind addressing the "Path is clear" issue too or in another patch?
No. I have been working for weeks - hours upon hours in bugfixing the Recursion Error. Sorry, but I won't spend more time on something that you can "fix" yourself by patiently waiting 5 seconds more and not rushing to the objective before the quest lines are finished.

One day, I may find the time to fix this bug that has been reported only once in its ~3 years of existence. I am way too tired and anxious to spend hours, dealing with insignificant issue like this one.

Level 6
New Hotfix released.

No. I have been working for weeks - hours upon hours in bugfixing the Recursion Error. Sorry, but I won't spend more time on something that you can "fix" yourself by patiently waiting 5 seconds more and not rushing to the objective before the quest lines are finished.

One day, I may find the time to fix this bug that has been reported only once in its ~3 years of existence. I am way too tired and anxious to spend hours, dealing with insignificant issue like this one.

I'm reporting everything wrong I can detect.

It's good to hear your opinion on the matter and in general as well.

Keep it up.

Level 1
Can you help me? I want to play with my friend but whenever I create it on LAN it says gamefile too big. You might have mention it in comments below but there are like 120 pages to read, so I would appreciate if you could help me.

Senneria

Level 6
Can you help me? I want to play with my friend but whenever I create it on LAN it says gamefile too big. You might have mention it in comments below but there are like 120 pages to read, so I would appreciate if you could help me.
You need to use the latest warcraft 3 patch. Patch 1.27b

Level 7
I don't know if you patched this or not, but it doesn't appear in the changelog. I'm playing solo 2.3.2 as a tinker

I died at the first lasers that are besides an alliance camp, i revived and died instantly. Losing 2 lives, which hurt a lot because i play with the least amount of lives

Level 1
Hei there, i got a big problem and i was hoping one of u folks could help. Basically after playing warlock solo - wich is a big like from my point of view i am stuck in advancing past the massive ruined gate . The one near the start . I checked some videos and after slaying 2 minibosses ( i am playing on normal - had to kill a big skeleton, he was on some other dificulty and playing with a friend ) the guy had to click a lever and the massive gate would open . Problem ? No lever in my game . ( As i said it is the Masssive Ruined Gate - after you pass the apothecary gate ). Any word of advice would help alot. Thank you !

Senneria

Level 6
Hei there, i got a big problem and i was hoping one of u folks could help. Basically after playing warlock solo - wich is a big like from my point of view i am stuck in advancing past the massive ruined gate . The one near the start . I checked some videos and after slaying 2 minibosses ( i am playing on normal - had to kill a big skeleton, he was on some other dificulty and playing with a friend ) the guy had to click a lever and the massive gate would open . Problem ? No lever in my game . ( As i said it is the Masssive Ruined Gate - after you pass the apothecary gate ). Any word of advice would help alot. Thank you !
There's no videos since the inspect system got introduced. Inspect bookshelves for hints, one will tell you that the key is in the firepot. Perhaps that blue circle by the goblin merchant is worth inspecting?

Level 6

You need a specific key to open it. Try to look more for it.

I don't know if you patched this or not, but it doesn't appear in the changelog. I'm playing solo 2.3.2 as a tinker

I died at the first lasers that are besides an alliance camp, i revived and died instantly. Losing 2 lives, which hurt a lot because i play with the least amount of lives

Download the latest patch and start again with tinker. There's a big bug in 2.3.2. which will heal your enemies when you damage them.

Level 1
Thanks, i already inspected before posting here near the goblin - but i did not know u can inspect bookshelves . Advanced more and after killing the satir boss i find myself baffled seeing 4 runes in a room. Inspecting does not help , there was a bookshelf there but nothing important came from it . Do those runes matter in any kind? How could you interact with them?

Edit : Also i have seem to found a bugged recipe in the shop : Deathwhisper rod : after purchasing the required items and the recipe - they do not interact , and you are stuck with a ton of gold spent and 2 items and a recipe.

Last edited:

Senneria

Level 6
Thanks, i already inspected before posting here near the goblin - but i did not know u can inspect bookshelves . Advanced more and after killing the satir boss i find myself baffled seeing 4 runes in a room. Inspecting does not help , there was a bookshelf there but nothing important came from it . Do those runes matter in any kind? How could you interact with them?

Edit : Also i have seem to found a bugged recipe in the shop : Deathwhisper rod : after purchasing the required items and the recipe - they do not interact , and you are stuck with a ton of gold spent and 2 items and a recipe.
You need an extra item, not sure which however.

The runes are for a secret later, you'll find a "Legend" which describes it.

Level 1
hello. I'm having problems with the scepter of atal'ai. Using the scepter on the chamber does not summon her. Is there anything I should be doing besides just using the scepter?

Level 1
hello. I'm having problems with the scepter of atal'ai. Using the scepter on the chamber does not summon her. Is there anything I should be doing besides just using the scepter?

You mean to summon boss right?
As i remember it required urn, not scepter, but that was several versions ago.

Level 1
You mean to summon boss right?
As i remember it required urn, not scepter, but that was several versions ago.

Yes the boss. The scepter was the one found in place of the urn. Even the scepter descriptipns says that it should summon atal'ai. But nothing happens when i use it in the chamber.

Level 1
I can't open garden door, pls help.

when you play with ranged hero, you may kill 3 pirates outside 13 level door in the bigining
and take pirate hat. its work for all version.

Level 6
It seems that the offensive glyph Glass Cannon is kinda dysfunctional sometimes.
Just tested, it certainly doesn't work with Demon Hunter's Q ability.

Alchemist's Vial doesn't apply the 100% buff when purchasing Flask of Lifebloom.

Chaos Orb talent states 30% dmg reduction.
Chaos Nova tooltip after picking up the talent: 35%

SpasMaster

Level 23
It seems that the offensive glyph Glass Cannon is kinda dysfunctional sometimes.
I have located the issue. It's unrelated to Glass Cannon. Should be fixed in 2.3.4.
Alchemist's Vial doesn't apply the 100% buff when purchasing Flask of Lifebloom.

Chaos Orb talent states 30% dmg reduction.
Chaos Nova tooltip after picking up the talent: 35%
Will look into those.

Level 6
Not mentioned in the changelog but when using Reforge, Materialise, Disenchant there's a chance there to be spawned three strong creeps near the Garden door which directly attack you.

Level 6
I was wondering this: is it possible to make more quests more random? Like the peon one in the very beginning (2 options available) or it will require more unnecessary coding?