• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Got really bored after i got 10.000+ intelligence on the shaman character. The mage artefact is just too powerfull, 1 int for every kill...

Also, I tried "attempting" to use the queens scepter on every single spot on the map without anything ever happening...

Level 1
a little help please

I got stuck at some gate.. I found the leaver for it but it's locked inside a magic pen .. and I need a key to open it.. was looking for it for like 3 hours.. and still nothing.. I would appreciate some assistance. gate is in the North-Western part of the map.. and one more place I couldn't figure out .. located in the south eastern part of the map .. there is like a statues of a guard and a symbol on the ground like the ones used to combine legendary item for mage.. and it requires a password... what do I do there ? please help .. ty !!

Level 2
No switch?

Does this specific platform at the northern part of the map have a switch to bring it back down? Riplash just missed his ride thanks to the summoned murlocs disappearing before he could board lol.

midutt.jpg

Level 4
ALERT!!! !!!Sorry for my poor English!!!
Spasorc - your map is 10/10! it is totally epic like "Last Hope"!
The quest with Master's Chamber password is 10/10 too - but now i'm stucked with Queen's Scepter recipe - i know for sure that Tiara is needed but dunno what's more - m.b. globe of Azeroth. From the Recipe i read that Scepter is some kind of traveling device - therefore i suppose it is needed for reaching Temple Tablet. For sure i will check it)
But can you answer my three questions - i'm not asking about how to reach smthing -
1) Orb of light - is it needed in some quest? it is said that it was on the altar in treasure room.
2) Temple tablet W - with comment "within" - is it needed in some quest? (just yes-no plz if you can) )
3) Item that summons dragon - has some similarities in it's name as epic item in master's chamber - is it somehow needed in obtaining this epic item? (plz yes - no - i'm not asking HOW)

And the final thing i'd like to say - is the percent of dropping the axe +100 dmg and +100% from characteristics as dmg really low? in one game i've obtained two of them and it was really boring - too easy)
Oh, what a liar I am! I've got another question - Orkish Skeleton neer of the VOlcano in the start - decorate or not just decoration?)))

Anyway, man - THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT JOB!!!

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Glad you like the map.

Answering your questions:
1.)Orb of Light isn't needed for anything.
2.)It isn't needed in any quest. It's message has a purpouse though.
3.)Item that summons Dragon has nothing to do with the Artifact in the room.

About the Axe with 100 damage. I played the game hundreds of times and it never dropped for me. You are one very lucky guy :D

About the Orc - It's a decoration. :)

Level 4
Thank you very much for your answers - the most interesting thing therefore is question 2)
And about Axe (as far as i remember Devastator or smth like that) - i obtained it in version 8.5 - maybe it makes some sense.
And can you please say - is there any quests that couldn't be done solo??

I hope you gonna update this map and remake smth as it was before - best dungeon map ever!
IMHO the final boss battle can be a bit more epic if his model can be changed - because the model of revenant is used for his minions too - but it's only my HO)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Thank you very much for your answers - the most interesting thing therefore is question 2)
And about Axe (as far as i remember Devastator or smth like that) - i obtained it in version 8.5 - maybe it makes some sense.
And can you please say - is there any quests that couldn't be done solo??

I hope you gonna update this map and remake smth as it was before - best dungeon map ever!
IMHO the final boss battle can be a bit more epic if his model can be changed - because the model of revenant is used for his minions too - but it's only my HO)

All quests can be done in solo.

I often update the map, but what do you want remade?

Indeed, the last boss can be better. I'll look into it.

Level 4
Oh I mean add - not remade something! Maybe add some quests that could be done only by each hero class - for example quest for shaman is only for shaman etc - i understand that it is a big work but I think it could make this map more interesting - different quests, different rewards - and as a reward an individual hero item. I played sunken city many times and still cant obtain red artifacts - maybe as a reward for some quest that can't be done with just @whosyourdaddy@ you can receive some hints about them? anyway its just ideas and I understand that for them to be done a lot or hard work is required.

Level 2
Finally finished it solo with the Tidewarrior on my fourth try without any cheats. Took me a grand total of 9 hours, 3 of which were spent AFK on LAN mode just to get enough gold to buy first a Midas Cup and then assemble a Chaoseater lol.

Have to say this map's a real pleasant surprise for me after a 6-year hiatus from WarCraft. Easily one of the best I've played so far. Thank you spasorc for a wonderful experience!

A few suggestions:

1. Maybe you could make the troll headhunter hero you rescue from the cage invulnerable or a bit tougher, at least until he reaches the big gate. It's kinda weird when he still gets to speak in the cutscene upon reaching the big door even when he dies en route to the big gate, since the camera focuses on the floor where he's supposed to stand (which most likely will have creep corpses and/or loot drops, as if the camera were focusing on the corpses/drops instead).

2. A Boss Rush Mode would be nice, I think. Something like Belmont Mode in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night where the maps start with all the doors open, all bosses visible, and the players start with an increased level and a bigger amount of starting gold and shadow crystals.

3. I really wish you could continue making this map playable in single player mode. That includes making the switches operable by summons (especially in the level 4 optional dungeon, the only place I haven't been able to enter other than the Master's Chamber due to the switches not triggering no matter how many healing wards/summons I stack on them). Not all of us have the luxury of being able to play with friends all the time, and I'd like being able to save/load my game at my leisure. To compensate, maybe you could make an extremely harder version of the map if there is only one player detected.

Guess that'll be all for now. Off to replay the map with a different hero. Thank you once again for bringing us such a masterpiece!

SpasMaster

Level 23
@Staticman

Glad you like the map. I always went in the direction of the map NOT being soloable because it ruins the cooperative, teamplay element. It's up to you if you manage to be trickery and make clever usage of game items to proceed further. I would highly recommend to play in Garena for example. It's free and there are tons of players out there.

Just to remind you that there is a new version out - 8.7. Try it out! :)

C ya around.

Level 4
Playin' 8.7 with Avenger Hero - something strange with his spells - it is said that 1st has kd 7 sec and 3rd has kd 6 sec BUT real kd of first spell is faster than 3rd.

And during the fight vs Firelord I suppose that the doors to this location should be closed until the fight finished. But if Avenger throw axes to the door - they opens it for a second.

Last edited:
Level 2
Found a couple bugs on 8.7:

1. "Error message missing!" when trying to Pyroblast/Firebomb Doomguards and Felhounds summoned by the Restan boss after I double-freeze them with Ring of Frost and the Archmage's ultimate, even after the frost effect is long gone.

2. The Soulguard's recipe appears in the shop as "Purchase Ironwood Branch" instead of "Purchase Soulguard".

Level 2
Found 'nudder bug!

The death knight does not gain 2 permanent hp after each kill, instead he gets 2 permanent hp after each spellcast he does.

Level 3
Me and my friends encountered a fatal error at about 3 hours and 30 minutes of gameplay while escaping from slimes after bursting them down. THe third time we went inn, the tank died and me and the healer ran off, I gott stuck in something and casted my ultimate Arrow Rain and poof Fatall error... Atleast it was an amazing experience till then.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Me and my friends encountered a fatal error at about 3 hours and 30 minutes of gameplay while escaping from slimes after bursting them down. THe third time we went inn, the tank died and me and the healer ran off, I gott stuck in something and casted my ultimate Arrow Rain and poof Fatall error... Atleast it was an amazing experience till then.

How many times have you casted your ultimate before that? Was that the first time you cast it?

Level 2
wow dude, you totally fucked up the Atiesh, greatstaff of the guardian this time.
It does not give a 3% chance to get 1 int when using a skill, it gives 1 int every single spellcast. Hell, even the flametongue weapon from the shaman triggers it giving me infinite int.

Also, not sure if this is a bug but it damn sure is fucking anoying, in the level 4 dungeon where rekst is hiding, summons and other things do not trigger the pressure plates, making it impossible to proceed in the dungeon with 1 person.

Also, when entering the master chamber and activating the question mark portal, can u make the portal stay forever? last time it disappeared when I left it for like 5 seconds to sell stuff. quite a pitty, could have really used the scepter :eek:

Level 2
The boss are very easy if you arm yourself properly willzzp, a friend and i finished the map with 23 life ^_^

Level 6
Hello! It has been a long time since I played a good map,that's the reason for my review,just want to show my appreciation for your work.English isn't my first language but i hope you understand.

This is how I think you could make this map better:

-add more difficulty settings.Besides how many lives you have you can choose the difficulty of monsters ( attack speed,dmg,armor,hp...) than calculate the difficulty of the map. there should be 5 difficulties.(example)
1 life =10 godlike =10(this is monsters strength)
5 life =8 impossible =8
10 life =6 hard =6
15 life =4 normal =4
25 life =2 easy = 2

and now you calculate the map difficulty by summing up the points

easy =4-6 points
normal=8-10
hard=12-14
impossible=16-18
godlike= 20

Now you could add bonuses for each difficulty

easy=no bonus
normal=+5 stats book,starting item
hard=(disable cheats after normal) all of the above and bonus dungeon
impossible =all of the above and a new skill or class specific item
godlike=everything from above,new dungeon,other fun stuff + add the name of the players to the hall of fame if they complete this challenge

This would give people reasons to play on harder difficulties.

- add 2 lists for items. Instead of recipe 1 2 3... I would like to see the option of something like : survival items,damage dealing...this could make things easier. Many times i need an item for my tank and i just keep looking for it for to long

- write on items what you can craft with them.For example,when I get a divine hammer,i have to look at all items to see if it's useful to me.It would be cool to see something like
Divine hammer
+10 str
can be used in
-example 1 (recipes 1)
-example 3 (recipes 4)
than I will know if it's useful for me or my buddies

I will post more if I get other ideas,hope this helps ! thanks for a great map!

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hello! It has been a long time since I played a good map,that's the reason for my review,just want to show my appreciation for your work.English isn't my first language but i hope you understand.

This is how I think you could make this map better:

-add more difficulty settings.Besides how many lives you have you can choose the difficulty of monsters ( attack speed,dmg,armor,hp...) than calculate the difficulty of the map. there should be 5 difficulties.(example)
1 life =10 godlike =10(this is monsters strength)
5 life =8 impossible =8
10 life =6 hard =6
15 life =4 normal =4
25 life =2 easy = 2

and now you calculate the map difficulty by summing up the points

easy =4-6 points
normal=8-10
hard=12-14
impossible=16-18
godlike= 20

Now you could add bonuses for each difficulty

easy=no bonus
normal=+5 stats book,starting item
hard=(disable cheats after normal) all of the above and bonus dungeon
impossible =all of the above and a new skill or class specific item
godlike=everything from above,new dungeon,other fun stuff + add the name of the players to the hall of fame if they complete this challenge

This would give people reasons to play on harder difficulties.

- add 2 lists for items. Instead of recipe 1 2 3... I would like to see the option of something like : survival items,damage dealing...this could make things easier. Many times i need an item for my tank and i just keep looking for it for to long

- write on items what you can craft with them.For example,when I get a divine hammer,i have to look at all items to see if it's useful to me.It would be cool to see something like
Divine hammer
+10 str
can be used in
-example 1 (recipes 1)
-example 3 (recipes 4)
than I will know if it's useful for me or my buddies

I will post more if I get other ideas,hope this helps ! thanks for a great map!

Thanks for the review!

The suggestion with the difficulty is nice. I could do something like it in the near future. :thumbs_up:

Level 3
played it with 2 friends, was really a great map, but we think that some thinks are still missing, so i report to you the ideas we thought about

Ideas:

a Stats Screen, means actual HP reg, mana reg, attackspeed...and not your stats screen that only shows that u skilled(hope u understand what i mean)

agi based heroes are extremly underpowered in lategame, we testen 3 agi heroes till endgame, but thx to armor they make nealry 0 dmg, even tank with thornmail makes more dmg, maybe give them other dmg type or something that they are good even agains units with 20 armor

more classbased items like the warlock only item(dont know if there are more classitems, its the only we found), we even thought about some if u still dont have some and want ideas about it

the mage classes are really nice to begin with, like the nether wizard, poorly they are useless in endgame because enemies have over 8k hp and 1 spell makes only 500-800dmg(had netherwizard with 2760 mana, ulti was the only spell there u could see that it dmgs the enemy through hp bar), sad point=(

hope u can overlook some things, then this map would be great

Level 4
In this version master chamber's password was changed, wasn't it?
In my opinion Warlock's Golem is too weak in late (even in middle) especially vs Hydra's because they can consume him - suppose it is not so fair as far as it is a ultimate spell)
Can you please tell me if it is possible to combine Atal'ai items to some kind of set?
And is there any special use for Globe of Azeroth or it is just a single item?

SpasMaster

Level 23
In this version master chamber's password was changed, wasn't it?

It never changed.

In my opinion Warlock's Golem is too weak in late (even in middle) especially vs Hydra's because they can consume him - suppose it is not so fair as far as it is a ultimate spell)

Will get buffed.
Can you please tell me if it is possible to combine Atal'ai items to some kind of set?

Not possible.
And is there any special use for Globe of Azeroth or it is just a single item?

Simple Item.

Level 1
how r u guessing the passwords I still cant guess it if smone knows plz pm me.
Then new quest of killing the pitlord its excellent.

I dont know whether its intentional or not?
1. Can u limit the number of Zombies spawning after one kills Bordo the spawn like ne thing...... and if sm1 gets Atiesh and keeps of killing them (one can as they spawn 1by1 then its gg)?
2. The platform or switch (watever) doenot trigger if an infernal stands upon it(dungeon skeleton tomb). Is it intentional that it triggers only when a hero stands on it?
http://s18.postimage.org/axbj070mx/platform.jpg
3. Aszune bug-- thats funny after I died(am noob i know) this noob aszune ran straight to the 2nd orc base and cool she died by twrs lol
http://s18.postimage.org/vsxtbfwu1/Eszune.jpg
4. Atalai this noob serpent didnot attack me for some time is this due to easy mode?
http://s18.postimage.org/4h2ka3s3d/atalai.jpg

SpasMaster

Level 23
Can u limit the number of Zombies spawning after one kills Bordo the spawn like ne thing...... and if sm1 gets Atiesh and keeps of killing them (one can as they spawn 1by1 then its gg)?

Atiesh no longer works as before. Zombies can't be abused by it.
The platform or switch (watever) doenot trigger if an infernal stands upon it(dungeon skeleton tomb). Is it intentional that it triggers only when a hero stands on it?

That's intentional.
Aszune bug-- thats funny after I died(am noob i know) this noob aszune ran straight to the 2nd orc base and cool she died by twrs lol

No idea what causes that to happen.
Atalai this noob serpent didnot attack me for some time is this due to easy mode?

He got stuck because of your "Savage Strike" ability.

P.S. Playing with cheats is boring. I'll disable them very soon.

Anyway, thanks for review. +rep

Level 1
believe me spasorc it was not the savage strike. The screen shot was taken during the strike but before that he didnot attack stood like a noob.

Level 1
Maybe it was mentioned but priest's skill which heals and damages enemies doesn't work properly, it just heals but does not damage enemies.