• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 1
Hi,

I cannot cancel Oris, something wrong with the patch? :(

I've got exactly this same problem, which sucks because it's game-breaking. You can't progress without using Oris to get the Moonstone, and you can't get out of Oris once you've used him. Any word on when a hotfix for this is coming, or do we just have to be patient and wait until the next major patch? I totally get it if the latter is the case, it must be frustrating to have to fix bugs that you didn't even create, SpasMaster. Thanks Blizzard. ^.^

Im having this problem aswell :( cant progress.

Level 1
For anyone who's having the Oris bug and hasn't checked the Sunken City Discord; SpasMaster is working on it, and as soon as some of the underlying issues with the most recent WC3 patch are fixed, he's said he'll hotfix the map to make it all nice and playable again. So I guess patience is the key. Sit tight and stare unblinkingly at your screens, refreshing every few minutes until the hotfix is up sometime in the next (insert timeframe here). That's my advice, at least. ^.^

Level 2
This iss a really good game but i can't play it alone cause of ORIS the Temple Guardian hahaha, i can't go back to my hero after i control him xD i got a Death Knight level 11 on going and i have to leave it nao because i must play it with a friend or with friends

Level 1
I always get the Oris bug / Flesh Golem bug whenever I play a saved game that's why I only save after the destroying the gate with the golem.

Level 1
Thank you for this wonderful map, it has been great exploring wc3 again after so many years.

I would like to request a feature for enhanced single player play: would you please allow us to control multiple heroes when in single player mode? I have an unreliable internet connection and would enjoy being able to control a party. I've solo played on easy and normal now and it's totally viable but the experience of being limited to a single hero diminishes the experience.

Secondly it would be great to see heroes with less polished models get an update. The priest and paladin are rather poor looking next to most other heroes for instance.

Level 2
What does "This effect does not stack on the same item" mean? Does the item(effect) not stack with itself or does the effect of the item not stack with an item with similar effect?

The Berserker's 3rd skill has a W hotkey like the 2nd skill, and when choosing an ability, the W key prioritizes the passive, causing inconvenience when the player wanted to choose the 2nd skill. Also, the tooltips in 2nd and 3rd skills say that the bonus damage is from "Damage" but actually takes from Agility.

Can Elven Stone of the Moon be transmuted?

Last edited:

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
What does "This effect does not stack on the same item" mean? Does the item(effect) not stack with itself or does the effect of the item not stack with an item with similar effect?

The Berserker's 3rd skill has a W hotkey like the 2nd skill, and when choosing an ability, the W key prioritizes the passive, causing inconvenience when the player wanted to choose the 2nd skill. Also, the tooltips in 2nd and 3rd skills say that the bonus damage is from "Damage" but actually takes from Agility.

Can Elven Stone of the Moon be transmuted?

1. It means you cannot stack the item for the effect, as it won't stack.

2. Are you using a different language than English in your Warcraft 3? That tends to be the reason for conflicting hotkeys - also, what do you use to base your assumption that Skull Split and Venomous Axes base their damage on Agility rather than Attack Damage? Do keep in mind his attack damage is increased by Agility.

3. Relics such as the Moon Stone cannot be transmuted.

Level 1
Hi there.

So iv been playing this brilliant map for a few days now and unfortunately i've come across an issue running version 2.4.0 using Warcraft 3 version 1.24e. The game crashes when loading a save, it ran fine at first but the longer i played the more saves i saved the more often it would crash during save/load. No it wont load at all.

I wont be upgrading my W3 version as i dont like the latest version of widescreen support, i also like to play ROC campaign now and then.

So i would like to try a newer version of Sunken City, however i dont know what the newest version that supports the 1.24e game version nor where to download it as it seems i can only get the latest version here (2.4.4c)

help appreciated.

Level 2
Solo playing as Berserker, there was a time in the game when I stacked trophies using Skull Split. I noticed that although my damage keeps getting higher, the damage of Skull Split stays the same. It only changes when there is a change in Agility. The damage from the skills is also far too small if they really took additional damage from "Damage". Now, I tested again but only with item that gives additional damage and the damage of the skills did increase. I'm even more confused, does the base damage not count from "Damage"?

Also I don't know where to go after Tidebreaker

Last edited:

Senneria

Level 6
Solo playing as Berserker, there was a time in the game when I stacked trophies using Skull Split. I noticed that although my damage keeps getting higher, the damage of Skull Split stays the same. It only changes when there is a change in Agility. The damage from the skills is also far too small if they really took additional damage from "Damage". Now, I tested again but only with item that gives additional damage and the damage of the skills did increase. I'm even more confused, does the base damage not count from "Damage"?

Also I don't know where to go after Tidebreaker

I just cleared your report regarding Skull Split with SpasMaster - it might be a bug you encountered, however it is resolved in the next version, as Skull Split got its code remade from the ground up in the current test version.

For your progress after Tidebreaker check out our Puzzle F.A.Q thread, as it holds the answer - Puzzle F.A.Q

Level 2
Are there special items that shoveling pick can dig?

Can the Skull of Gaskal, Babu's Repair Kit, Temple Tablet, Puzzle Box of the Old Gods be used is some way?

Last edited:
Level 6
His dps doesn't seem to be that high and he only gains 1 hp per Q, that is so low.
It's not about dps,it's about surviving.Death Knight could summon tons of minions in order to avoid direct damages from enemies.Besides,Death Grip is powerful in many scenarios.

Level 8
please help

i have wc3 1.30.1

i installed the sunken city latest version but it does not show up in the map list, why is that? me and my 2 more friends wanna play this game so bad and ive been after this for 3 hours now. i have tried changing the map name and so many random things but it just dsnt work .......:[

Just tried installing another custom map, that didnt show up as well

what am i doing wrong????

Level 8
nevermind guys

i found out that theres another maps folder is inside 'my documents' folder and the custom map has to be placed there.
my friends just left my place and i found out the solution...damn... will have a blast tomoro lol.

Level 2
It's not about dps,it's about surviving.Death Knight could summon tons of minions in order to avoid direct damages from enemies.Besides,Death Grip is powerful in many scenarios.
Won't the Necromancer be better then? He could summon a lot of skeletons.

Edy

Edy

Level 9
I just cleared your report regarding Skull Split with SpasMaster - it might be a bug you encountered, however it is resolved in the next version, as Skull Split got its code remade from the ground up in the current test version.

For your progress after Tidebreaker check out our Puzzle F.A.Q thread, as it holds the answer - Puzzle F.A.Q

The Metal Golem Boss room is bugged, clicking cancel on the robot to take your hero doesn't work (The light essence boss).
Managed to get through it with sheer dps got the Challenge :)

Level 2
My first message here :)
The map is absolutely stellar and I've been playing it for a while now. I just wanted to report a couple of things:
1) During a cutscene you can press ESC and have free camera movement, which allows you to scout secrets and unfinished areas.
2) Some Damaging Type effects don't seem to be affected by Damaging Type modifiers, like Crown of Infinity. For example, Crystal Hammer's passive is unaffected.
3) If you have a token, the same token can drop again. And since the new updated I've NEVER seen both tokens at the same time.
4) I don't know if that's intentional, but Jailers get interrupted by attacks from Flametongue Totem, but not my ally or other effects.
5) I remember a hidden passage with a Golem in the Spider Boss area. Is it closed off intentionally as unused content? Or am I missing a way of opening it?
6) I know this is a common complaint, but I just have to mention it. There are a lot of keys and other items that are locked behind RNG-drops from enemies. These are extremely rare and don't have the same value. For example, Skeleton Key is almost worthless, where as certain other secret items are very valuable. Do you have any plans of perhaps locking them behind high-level content or even restrict them to certain difficulty levels?
I'll think of other things at a later time. Thank you for a wonderful map :)

Level 6
How do you get to these areas.
missing_area.jpg

Sector A,B and D are not reachable in this version.If I remember correctly,SpasMaster was planning for a PvP area in sector A.

There is a dungeon named Queen's Tomb in sector C.It's weird that you didn't find its entrance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edy

Edy

Edy

Level 9
View attachment 336970
Sector A,B and D are not reachable in this version.If I remember correctly,SpasMaster was planning for a PvP area in sector A.

There is a dungeon named Queen's Tomb in sector C.It's weird that you didn't find its entrance.

Oh yea, my bad I really didn't want to go through that one, that's the one with death traps oneshot tiles etc. I just left it - forgot.
So where is this area then? - from the screenshots of the map
in there.png

Edy

Edy

Level 9
It's a reworked area from the map. It no longer exists as seen in the screenshot.

Ahh, I see. I've played it quite a while back many things have changed.
Way back when the sunker ruins tiles were used in the final boos room and the boss had a pitlord model :p
Anways love what you've done.
6/5

Edit: Will there a sequel be coming along?

Level 2
Also a couple of things:
1) Queen's Scepter and its recipe have different descriptions.
2) Will Shadow Crystals have more uses added to them? Right now I only need 4 of them for an item, the rest can be spent on tomes.
3) Sunken City is one of the biggest and most polished maps for Warcraft 3. Are there any plans (or is it even possible) to translate the map to different languages? I'm not talking about bookshelves, but in-game descriptions, Talents, Glyphs and the rest.
Also wanted to mention this. If anyone has a 2.4.4b save and cannot progress through the gates because of Oris/Bel'Shan bug, I can assure you it is absolutely possible to beat the entire map and not miss a single thing using some tricks. And if you're playing with a friend, you can even save them if they're stuck controlling a Temple Guardian. I have an entire strategy on that :D
can't save you if you're controlling Oris though... that's a dead end

Level 6
Are there any plans (or is it even possible) to translate the map to different languages?
Translating a map,even an encrypted one,is not that hard.With the help of some tools,you could extract the map into several parts such as w3u,w3p,w3a,wts and war3map.j,which could be edited by WorldEditor or Notepad.

The real challenge is keeping up with SpasMaster,who updated SunkenCity too frequently in the past.There were some translated versions in different languages from time to time,but none of them is v2.4.4c.Since SpastMaster has been planning a BIG update,I think all translators had better wait for a while until a stable version is released.

Level 2
Translating a map,even an encrypted one,is not that hard.With the help of some tools,you could extract the map into several parts such as w3u,w3p,w3a,wts and war3map.j,which could be edited by WorldEditor or Notepad.

The real challenge is keeping up with SpasMaster,who updated SunkenCity too frequently in the past.There were some translated versions in different languages from time to time,but none of them is v2.4.4c.Since SpastMaster has been planning a BIG update,I think all translators had better wait for a while until a stable version is released.
Interesting. I didn't even know there were translated versions.
I always wanted a Russian version of the map. While I can understand absolutely everything, my brother is having some difficulties reading Talents, for example. Maybe after the big update (2.4.5?) we'll see some translated versions again.
also one more thing. After reloading the map a couple of times some effects completely vanish. DK's W is invisible, lightning effects are gone. I wonder if that's a problem on my end.

Level 1
I'm just made an account here to say this: Please consider making this map for WC3:Reforged (if Custom Maps will be a thing). I already love this and 10/10 would play again on the remastered. Cheers SpasMaster, beautiful map

P.S: I've played this map for a while, but today a friend came over and played after some years, still fun as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edy
Level 3
How to make this map can be read in frozen throne? I have move this map into warcraft 3 > campaigns and it's not worked.. When i see the type of the file i change the location of this file to warcraft 3 > maps and didn't happen..

Level 2
How to make this map can be read in frozen throne? I have move this map into warcraft 3 > campaigns and it's not worked.. When i see the type of the file i change the location of this file to warcraft 3 > maps and didn't happen..
The map needs to be put in your Documents > Warcraft III > Maps folder. If you can't see the map, you might have an old version of Warcraft.

Also wanted to post some bugs here.
1) Rogue can teleport on walls and behind the scenes with his Q easily.
2) The door to the final boss opens when you approach it. You don't have to kill the enemies guarding it and the cutscene won't trigger. It also messes up the quests.
3) I finally found a way to consistently get both tokens. Problem still remains tho. Also more than 2 tokens may drop.
4) You can easily and PERMAMENTLY kill the dummies (not the tank one).
5) Bel'Shan sometimes (a lot of the times) just stops attacking and moving, which makes the bossfight trivial.
6) Final boss has a "Rain of Fire" mechanic. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Your character involunarily moves like a peasant taking damage, but there is no damage. Or fire.
7) I have a feeling that sometimes lifestealing effects don't work. I checked it multiple times by engaging enemies that don't have disables or Curse. Sometimes my hero just starts taking a lot of damage and seemingly cannot outheal it, but green healing text still appears.
8) The boss guarding Twin Corridors key. His Hot Feet challenge is a real pain in the butt, considering his explosions have enormous hitboxes and can sometimes hit you diagonally (???).
9) During my runs saving and loading the game becomes harder and harder. As time goes by it either takes ages to load and quit the game or it just freezes my game completely. Perhaps this is a problem on my end? Or the map is just so crammed full of stuff?
I know some of these might've been reported already. Also some of these are rare. Still I can't check all 167 pages of discussions :)
Thank you for an amazing map again, Spasmaster.

Level 1
9) During my runs saving and loading the game becomes harder and harder. As time goes by it either takes ages to load and quit the game or it just freezes my game completely.
this is MEMORY PROBLEM same for me [problably all people], when i check memory w3, it all time slowly make bigger and bigger, my total ram is 4G and aplication war3 get 2K memory used in 1-2 hour play, it possible play single player with save/load restart W3 game [actualy even when exit map, war3 still keep memory used xD] but in multiplayer when players are all time diferent it imposible, max time for me is 2 hour time after war3 take memory like 2.5G and game start lagging like hell and later propably even get error

Level 2
this is MEMORY PROBLEM same for me [problably all people], when i check memory w3, it all time slowly make bigger and bigger, my total ram is 4G and aplication war3 get 2K memory used in 1-2 hour play, it possible play single player with save/load restart W3 game [actualy even when exit map, war3 still keep memory used xD] but in multiplayer when players are all time diferent it imposible, max time for me is 2 hour time after war3 take memory like 2.5G and game start lagging like hell and later propably even get error
I know about memory leaks, I was just wondering if it can be fixed in any way. I have 8gb of RAM and by the end of Sunken City Warcraft3.exe takes up 6.5gb! To be fair it's not a problem with Sunken City, I tested it with different maps and some of the bigger ones cause this as well. How can I fix this though? :D

Level 4
i remember i used to have a leaf to awaken ancient but i dont remember where it is can someone help me ?
and also is king bloods is a random drop ?

Kina the opposite, king's blood is a quest item that is obtainable, whereas the leaf is a random drop. I do believe that the leaf drops mainly in the first area, as well as the skeletal key, but that is ofcourse based on my experience.

I also seem to struggle with something very specific and that is.... the "rarest key" that opens a door(right door, next to the other door opened with the dragon aspects) to a supposedly legendary item, which if not mistaken is a random drop but I have never encountered it. Anyone has more info on this topic ?

Level 2
Kina the opposite, king's blood is a quest item that is obtainable, whereas the leaf is a random drop. I do believe that the leaf drops mainly in the first area, as well as the skeletal key, but that is ofcourse based on my experience.

I also seem to struggle with something very specific and that is.... the "rarest key" that opens a door(right door, next to the other door opened with the dragon aspects) to a supposedly legendary item, which if not mistaken is a random drop but I have never encountered it. Anyone has more info on this topic ?
I've only seen this key twice so I can't provide anything specific. I guess the name speaks for itself - this key is extremely rare. Haven't encountered the object that interacts with Obelisks, lol. I don't know if Magic Find affects these special drops, cause I've been dedicating a Glyph slot just for that.

Level 3
That's the exact thing we were discussing earlier. This will activate the Ancient fight. You'll find him were he belongs - near a bigass tree.
thanks you , i always play the old verison i don't know there have a Ancient :D i meet it and find out forget to deleted my post

SpasMaster

Level 23
I have 4 heroes (out of the total 21) remaining to adjust to all of the things happening in the current version. I am working on one of them as we speak.
I know I may have been saying this a lot, but real life tasks and chores have been the major dent in my work in the past 2-3 months which happens to be the period when I've done the least amount of progress on 2.4.5.

I will get to the end eventually. I am around the final corner, but there are still some more things that need to be finished.

On a side note, I am not really stoked about the release of Regorged.
As I have been looking at the map in the Reforged Beta, it doesn't look so good and I am pretty sure many things will need to be fixed for that as well. But, that will happen after I release 2.4.5, so it won't delay my release.

I just hope that Reforged will not diminish the -year and half- of work I've put into this version.