• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Do minions "Reduced damage taken" stat stacks from two identical items? Increased pet damage do, but it seems that reductions do not. How do Tombstone flat damage reduction stacks with %damage reduction? Is it applied before or after percent reduction?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Do minions "Reduced damage taken" stat stacks from two identical items? Increased pet damage do, but it seems that reductions do not. How do Tombstone flat damage reduction stacks with %damage reduction? Is it applied before or after percent reduction?
1/Doesnt stack on 2 identical items.

2/Tombstone reduces the base attack of the creep. It's attack reduction, not damage reduction.

So for example: A creep has 400 damage and deals 100% damage to all armor type. lvl 4 tombstone reduce that by 40 (Dont remember exact number, but let take this for easy calculation)

Your summon has 30% damage reduction from armor, another 20% from items and 10 damage from flat damage reduction.

So if that creep attack your summon, the formula for damage deal would be this:

((400 - 40) x 100% x (100% - 30%) x (100% - 20%)) - 10 = 191.6 damage.

Level 4
In the future you can use this thread for puzzle related questions and hints and tips:
Puzzle Hints , Help and Solution Thread

This thread is mostly used for bug reports, comments on the updates, and others.

Also I'm thinking summons can crash the game should you save when they are spawning or the enemy summons get stuck. Happened to me in previous versions and at least once in 4.4a

Level 2
I have another save corrupted. The save was done while in battle with blinding garden boss. Gladly I saved to another file at the beginning of the battle (2.4.4a, 1.30).

UPD: Saving while the boss was "channeling" (a progress bar was rendered) the blinding spell made the save corrupted.
Perhaps, the "channeled" meteor shower by one of the Two Corridor Key boss minions (chaos golem) was the reason of save corruption last time.

Last edited:
Level 6
Pay attention to the colors of 4 runes that near the Gentulon boss. Those 4 colors can be the key for u to solve this.
Thank you very much.I thought the colored runes was just a discarded puzzle of old version.Take a look at what i've done at first:

colored rune.jpg

The color of red is very similar to the color of FRAME. :confused:

Level 3
not that it helps but i've also lost two games to the save bug.
i can provide a replay (had a save right before the bugged save) BUT i'm completely unsure that the replay will contain the bug, since you can only really know when it's too late.

well. i suppose i could try saving and then quitting the game normally and THEN saving the replay, and then sending it only if the save doesn't work. that might take me a bit though.

Level 1
I am a huge fan of the game and have played it many times but never managed to succeed the Redemption challenge. Can anyone give me a hint on how to Release the Spirit of the King?

Cheers

Level 4
I am a huge fan of the game and have played it many times but never managed to succeed the Redemption challenge. Can anyone give me a hint on how to Release the Spirit of the King?

Cheers
You going to need to finish a quest line and make a special item to help feric. The recipe can be found in a very hard dungeon.

Level 1
b333c0b20e.jpg

Hello! I can't understand how to open this door. There is a Libraries key and Feric's key, but they do not work. Or tell me what to do next
Please help!

Level 4
b333c0b20e.jpg

Hello! I can't understand how to open this door. There is a Libraries key and Feric's key, but they do not work. Or tell me what to do next
Please help!
If you bump into the door , it will say that you will need a "powerful" force to open it. Check your surroundings for a powerful thing to break the door.

Level 4
Can you make a free mode with no life so we can play without worrying about dying?
I know its the purpose of this map to think before you go into battle but i will like a mode that we can relax and enjoy the map .
Maybe give a code after we beat the game so you have to won the map once and then you can play free mode?
By the way the latest changes of this map were super keep it up.

Level 6
Can you make a free mode with no life so we can play without worrying about dying?
I know its the purpose of this map to think before you go into battle but i will like a mode that we can relax and enjoy the map .
Maybe give a code after we beat the game so you have to won the map once and then you can play free mode?
By the way the latest changes of this map were super keep it up.

Just play on Easy/Normal with 40 lives. It's enough to not worry at all.

Level 4
Just play on Easy/Normal with 40 lives. It's enough to not worry at all.

I am playing at hell dif always , i don't want to play easy/normal i just like the "free mode" like i said to enjoy the map better , still in easy/normal you have max 40 deaths it's limited not unlimited ,not that i would play an easy no death mode .

Max dif with no death count will be great.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
i just like the "free mode" like i said to enjoy the map better , still in easy/normal you have max 40 deaths it's limited not unlimited ,not that i would play an easy no death mode .
Let me give you a game design explanation as to why this isn't going to happen:

There are two types of approaches to encounters in order for game difficulty to matter in any way:
A: You have unlimited lives. However, each encounter has a 'refresh' or 'regen' mechanic (however you want to call it). For example, you engage a boss fight (or a creep camp for that matter) and if you die, the boss/camp is back to full health.
B: Creep camps and boss fights do not regenerate back to full health. However, you have limited lives.

Basically you have two concepts that counter eachother:
Regen Mechanic vs. Limited Lives. - If you have one you don't have the other, but you must always have one of the two. Because without them, then difficulties don't matter. Let me give an example.

You have a boss fight and you start the encounter on Hell Heroic.
In scenario A, you have to use your skills and abilities to defeat the boss on the said difficulty. If you happen to die, you have to restart. (This is how Dark Souls works.) If you don't have what it takes to take down the boss, then you cannot go further and maybe a lower difficulty will suit you better. At any rate, the difficulty dictates whether or not you will be able to take the boss down and make progress.
In scenario B, you begin the encounter and if you happen to die, the boss will not go back to full. You can re-engage him once more, but you lose a life. Once again, if you die too often, then you cannot go further and maybe a lower difficulty will result in a more successful run.

No matter how you look at it, there has to be a penalty for failure, otherwise game difficulties become meaningless. What does Hell Heroic even mean if you throw two spells at a camp, die (creeps don't go back to full health) and then you do that again X times until the camp is dead. At that point Hell Heroic becomes simply a way longer version of Easy Standard because the only thing you would lose is time. And I personally don't imagine higher difficulties to simply mean 'more time to take down'.

Sunken City utilizes approach B, but if it were to utilize approach A then your comment would have said something along the lines of:
"Hey, how about a mode where the creeps don't regenerate back to full health after each death?"
In which case, if we take both scenarios, what you are actually asking for is:
"Hey, can I have a mode where I have no penalty for failiure?"

Which, unfortunately is a concept that I am not fond of.
So yeah... TL;DR: Such a mode won't happen. People who want a more chill run can go for Easy Standard where you don't get penalized as much or as often.

Level 4
Let me give you a game design explanation as to why this isn't going to happen:

There are two types of approaches to encounters in order for game difficulty to matter in any way:
A: You have unlimited lives. However, each encounter has a 'refresh' or 'regen' mechanic (however you want to call it). For example, you engage a boss fight (or a creep camp for that matter) and if you die, the boss/camp is back to full health.
B: Creep camps and boss fights do not regenerate back to full health. However, you have limited lives.

Basically you have two concepts that counter eachother:
Regen Mechanic vs. Limited Lives. - If you have one you don't have the other, but you must always have one of the two. Because without them, then difficulties don't matter. Let me give an example.

You have a boss fight and you start the encounter on Hell Heroic.
In scenario A, you have to use your skills and abilities to defeat the boss on the said difficulty. If you happen to die, you have to restart. (This is how Dark Souls works.) If you don't have what it takes to take down the boss, then you cannot go further and maybe a lower difficulty will suit you better. At any rate, the difficulty dictates whether or not you will be able to take the boss down and make progress.
In scenario B, you begin the encounter and if you happen to die, the boss will not go back to full. You can re-engage him once more, but you lose a life. Once again, if you die too often, then you cannot go further and maybe a lower difficulty will result in a more successful run.

No matter how you look at it, there has to be a penalty for failure, otherwise game difficulties become meaningless. What does Hell Heroic even mean if you throw two spells at a camp, die (creeps don't go back to full health) and then you do that again X times until the camp is dead. At that point Hell Heroic becomes simply a way longer version of Easy Standard because the only thing you would lose is time. And I personally don't imagine higher difficulties to simply mean 'more time to take down'.

Sunken City utilizes approach B, but if it were to utilize approach A then your comment would have said something along the lines of:
"Hey, how about a mode where the creeps don't regenerate back to full health after each death?"
In which case, if we take both scenarios, what you are actually asking for is:
"Hey, can I have a mode where I have no penalty for failiure?"

Which, unfortunately is a concept that I am not fond of.
So yeah... TL;DR: Such a mode won't happen. People who want a more chill run can go for Easy Standard where you don't get penalized as much or as often.

Well i tried :p hehehe.
No bad feelings :) of course , thanks for the answer and your time.
Keep up the good work , i am playing this map since 1.7.2 version with my friends and we had a lot of fun .

Last edited:
Level 1
screenies will be coming soon.

Version 1.4 Brought A LOT to this map that it was lacking, just look at the changelog. :p

I'm writing up a new description for the map as we speak, so it should be up soon. :)
# anyone please tell me how to get spectral dagger

Level 2
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but me and 2 friends ran into weird issue that ultimately made us give up trying to play the map. Basicly after playing about hour and a half we saved the game to continue it later and when we tried load the save only 1 person was allowed to join in at any time. We tried with all 3 as hosts and the other 2 joining in different orders with every possible combination but the game would always instantly kick out the second person joining in. We were able to create the game with no problem and create melee games too but whenever we tried loading a save of the map it always had the same problem. We were playing in local btw, if that matters.

Level 2
I just finished the game today, solo Hunter, Insane Difficulty and Heroic Mode, really challenging, but still completed. Just use some tricks, hit and run, save/ load to get good item, them all will be fine. It take me 3 days to finish the game. Such a good time after leave Warcaft quite long time. I enjoyed it so much, thanks to SpasMaster, your map just awesome.
There still something that concern me:
1. I can kill all bosses, complete almost challenges, except Take a Deep Breath, cause I'm not tanker in early game. But there a challenge , the Triple Kill challenge, you have to kill 3 boss in 4 seconds, that just impossible I think, even with a team of 3.
2. To open the gate lead to Sidian boss, we have to deactivate 2 switchs, but the one in other side seem unable to reach cause a death trap on the way to it. I run around for while to find a way through but can't. Finally, I try to use Invulnerable Potion buy in the Horde camp. its work! But is there any way around?

Attachments

• sunken.end.png
    sunken.end.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 308