• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 6
There's a texture display bug in this version.When I typed "-stats",the bottom of the screen would be filled up with textures.

WC3ScrnShot_070318_221640_02.jpg

And i don't know how to open this gate.The blue moon key didn't work for this one.

WC3ScrnShot_070318_221617_01.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
The -stats text problem is known for quite some time but still not solved. Apparently, it is kinda different for the different players and their resolution setup.

The door needs another key.
Look closely near the fountain at the human camp (1 rifle man, 2 footmen)

Level 6
The -stats text problem is known for quite some time but still not solved. Apparently, it is kinda different for the different players and their resolution setup.

The door needs another key.
Look closely near the fountain at the human camp (1 rifle man, 2 footmen)
Thanks,i'll take a look.

Level 1
hey i have some trouble to finde the titanforged handle. i can finde both the titanforged head and elyrian elixir, but need the last piece of the puzzle, can i get a hint or 2. thanks

Level 1
Hi just finished playing the new version of the map (awesome as always, really impressed with the new changes).
Just stuck with a few questions:

1. The obelisks at the West Entrance, what item is needed to activate them?
2. The kalisea arena, is it possible to open?

Thank you for any help given :)

Level 4
The phase transporter is somewhat bad compared to its predecessor. I understand that sometimes it can tp you unsual places and can break the game. But I often get stuck in the tp rune with my resurrect stone on cd. Maybe add a way to get out of the space. The new version looks great with these new changes.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
The phase transporter is somewhat bad compared to its predecessor. I understand that sometimes it can tp you unsual places and can break the game. But I often get stuck in the tp rune with my resurrect stone on cd. Maybe add a way to get out of the space.
I am assuming you speak out of single player experience, because in multiplayer you can use the Staff of Teleportation to go back to your allies on a 1 minute cooldown.
I understand that there are people who play the game in single player, but ever since day one, the way to play in my mind and by design has been with allies. This is how I always approach all features: with the mindset of a team game.
I will, however, keep it in mind and will provide a solution if I come up with something clever.

1. The obelisks at the West Entrance, what item is needed to activate them?
2. The kalisea arena, is it possible to open?
1. The item is a random drop called Void Sphere but it currently isn't working properly. A fix is on its way in the next minor update that will come soon.
2. No, the Arena will become the playing field in an upcoming new mode. Don't expect it anytime soon tho. :p

Last edited:
Level 6
The phase transporter is somewhat bad compared to its predecessor. I understand that sometimes it can tp you unsual places and can break the game. But I often get stuck in the tp rune with my resurrect stone on cd. Maybe add a way to get out of the space. The new version looks great with these new changes.

Well, just don't use the phase while the stone is on CD.

Damage Reduction effects can no longer reduce damage taken below 10% of its original amount

@SpasMaster What are the mechanics behind this one?

Nevermind, I've misread it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes, not sure why you'd think a contributor would be lying.
If you look at the Warcraft 3 1.30 PTR notes you can see than there's an issue with save/load in multiplayer.
Is it possible to make it somehow that a 4th open slot or computer(normal) is added so then it may not bug?

Since I just tested it out and it works with 2 players but not with 3...

Senneria

Level 6
Is it possible to make it somehow that a 4th open slot or computer(normal) is added so then it may not bug?

Since I just tested it out and it works with 2 players but not with 3...
Not possible.
If I am not mistaken the game always attempts to put all players in the red slot, so adding a "loading slot" won't solve the issue.
You just have to wait for the 1.30 patch to be live.

Level 1
I used crocifix of the moon light to kill the invulnerable naga but I didn't see a ghost key being dropped to get the suramara wines for the recipe. I played only the version 2.4.3a. Is it a bug or has the location of the key changed?

Level 6
I've been stucked in the ruins for several days.Perhaps I've sold quest items to the merchants or destroyed some keys.
sunken_02.jpg

I'm a new player of this map,never played the old versions at all.Could anyone give me some hints of opening this gate?

sunken_01.jpg

Level 6
A bookshelf speaks about a broken down golem.
Thanks for your hints but I'm still stucked around the ruins.I don't remember there was such a bookshelf you described though I've inspected every bookshelf in sight.However,I extracted jass file from your map and opened it with UltraEdit, there is indeed a line about "golem orb" which I have never seen before.

golem.jpg

Look near another nearby gate that requires the Feric's Key
I think you're talking about the Torch of Kalisean Flame which is supposed to light some braziers.I've already picked it up,but I can't reach the correct area where I assumed to be.

clue_01.jpg

I'm afraid there're too many locked doors which could make newbies confused such as:

door_01.jpg

This door needs a Twin Corridor Key to open.

door_02.jpg

This door needs a Guardian's Key to open

door_03.jpg

This door,in my opinion,is supposed to be opened by 3 red diamonds which I've already discovered 2 of them.

door_04.jpg

This door needs a Feric's Key to open.

door_05.jpg

This door,in my opinion,is supposed to be opened by a legendary Titan item which is located behind a fire trap.

I have no idea which door is the right way,not to mention I haven't found any key of them. :(

Attachments

• clue_02.jpg
    clue_02.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 192

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Thanks for your hints but I'm still stucked around the ruins.I don't remember there was such a bookshelf you described though I've inspected every bookshelf in sight.However,I extracted jass file from your map and opened it with UltraEdit, there is indeed a line about "golem orb" which I have never seen before.

I think you're talking about the Torch of Kalisean Flame which is supposed to light some braziers.I've already picked it up,but I can't reach the correct area where I assumed to be.

I'm afraid there're too many locked doors which could make newbies confused such as:

View attachment 303328
This door needs a Twin Corridor Key to open.

View attachment 303327
This door needs a Guardian's Key to open

View attachment 303326
This door,in my opinion,is supposed to be opened by 3 red diamonds which I've already discovered 2 of them.

View attachment 303325
This door needs a Feric's Key to open.

View attachment 303324
This door,in my opinion,is supposed to be opened by a legendary Titan item which is located behind a fire trap.

I have no idea which door is the right way,not to mention I haven't found any key of them. :(
Most of the door you shown leads to dead end. How can those be the correct way to advance in the map? Ok. I guess new people can think that might be the key item is in 1 of those places, which is acceptable.

What Spas said isnt the Torch of Kalisea. You literally took a picture of the shutdown War Golem and cant recognize it?

Last edited:
Level 2
The golem:
WC3ScrnShot_072618_200515_03.jpg

And, by the way, SM, the torch bounding box is too small and the torch itself looks too "static".

Level 6
You literally took a picture of the shutdown War Golem and cant recognize it?
Thank you very much!

I think this puzzle is a little bit absurd because:
a) The players have never engaged with a War Golem in the early part of the game.As a matter of fact,most of us have no idea what a BROKEN golem looks like.
b) The color of golem is very similar to the color of rocks.It's a trick without wisdom but hurts people's eyes.
c) The bookshelves around that area don't show the proper clues.

bookshelves_03.jpg

no clues.

bookshelves_02.jpg

no clues

bookshelves_01.jpg

no clues

Well,I do believe thet @SpasMaster has put the hint of "golem orb" into one of those bookshelves,just like the clues before such as "the key hidden in the well" and "the key hidden under the desk".However,in SunkenCity v2.4.4a,newbies wouldn't know the golem trick unless they check the jass file themselves.

SpasMaster

Level 23
a) The players have never engaged with a War Golem in the early part of the game.As a matter of fact,most of us have no idea what a BROKEN golem looks like.
I am assuming that the players of this map don't play Warcraft 3 for the first time and have seen what a Golem in Warcraft 3 looks like.
b) The color of golem is very similar to the color of rocks.It's a trick without wisdom but hurts people's eyes.
The color of the golem is gray. I am not sure if you see the tiles in gray, but they are not.
c) The bookshelves around that area don't show the proper clues.
You are seriously mistargeting them. You should inspect right in front of them.
Not above them.
Not on the wall behind them.

Level 2
Can you elaborate a bit? What exactly is the issue? Are you getting errors? What do you mean exactly with "corrupted save"?
I've quicksaved while fighting with demon boss (fire traps) and when I tried to load (multiple times, with rebooting), the game just crashed on the loading screen and "Send crash report to Blizzard?" window appeared.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I've quicksaved while fighting with demon boss (fire traps) and when I tried to load (multiple times, with rebooting), the game just crashed on the loading screen and "Send crash report to Blizzard?" window appeared.
Can you try another game and save at the exact spot?

Level 2
Can you try another game and save at the exact spot?
I've spent about 8 hours to reach the spot, need time to rest before next attempt.
I think, that the problem with the game. Perhaps, I've saved when mobs were falling from the sky or the traps were sending fires, I don't remember. Or my summons were summoning or despawning. Something like that, abnormal, that uses references and may cause null pointers or other problems.
Just wanted to warn you and say, that it's better to save to different files sometimes.

Senneria

Level 6

When you have time please try to re-create the save issue, because in all our time testing the saving has worked without issue for Sunken City (other than the usual corrupt save files and other save/load issues Warcraft 3 has), so far we have not been able to experience and/or replicate save issues.

Level 6
I have a problem with loading a save game.

When I try to load it, it says that there's an error loading the game.

I go to "Logs" folder and in the "FramedefErrors" file I see this.

7/28 12:58:35.038 Error (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf:82429832): Expected ",", but found "AlphaMode"
7/28 12:58:35.038 (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf//82429832) Warning, unknown keyword in context: Literal String
7/28 12:58:35.038 (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf//82429832) Warning, unknown keyword in context: ,

Anyone can help? Is it corrupted?

Also, I'm "playing" with Mage and the game crashes too many times... wtf

Last edited:
Level 2
I began experiencing many crashes in heroic mode when in battle (1.30). Usually it happens, when I'm trying to select spell target or a mob dies.

Is summoning snakes by lesser creatures (zombies, murlocs) intended?

Level 6
Finally,I've completed this amazing map.The storyline is attractive,the spells and items are fun.The best part of this map are delicate puzzles which remind me of Iceborn.SunkenCity is no doubt one of the best custom maps in history,it would shock the world if you transplant it to a standalone game.

I've completed most quests of the game except the titan one.I could neither forge the titan weapon nor open the titan's vault.There must be something i've missed,Could anyone give me some hints?

anvil.jpg

titan.jpg

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Finally,I've completed this amazing map.The storyline is attractive,the spells and items are fun.The best part of this map are delicate puzzles which remind me of Iceborn.SunkenCity is no doubt one of the best custom maps in history,it would shock the world if you transplant it to a standalone game.

I've completed most quests of the game except the titan one.I could neither forge the titan weapon nor open the titan's vault.There must be something i've missed,Could anyone give me some hints?

View attachment 303556
View attachment 303557
Let see:
1/ The Anvil is needed to forge the key to the vault of the titan. Speak with the Mysterious Stranger in the Vault to know about the legendary power.
2/ We have a king and a queen. Search ur answer in QUEEN'S TOMB (note: dont try this shiet if u can micro ur hero accurately)

Level 6
1/ Speak with the Mysterious Stranger in the Vault to know about the legendary power.
I did spoke to the Mysterious Stranger yesterday,but I can't remember what he said. :( Most dialogues cannot be reviewed by F12(not F9),which perhaps is the only shortcoming of this map.

2/ We have a king and a queen. Search ur answer in QUEEN'S TOMB
I also did search the Queen's Tomb yesterday.I survived into the deep tombs with the Potion of Invulnerable.Yet still no clues...I just can't remember what i did in front of Elisa's grave.

queen.jpg

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Important!
Anyone who is experiencing crashes on the 1.30 PTR, please try to provide a replay of the game you crashed on, while also stating which Sunken City version you were playing, so I can directly send it to Blizzard and they can look into the issue.
If you forget to save the replay before you close down the game, a "Last Replay" can be found in your <Documents/Warcraft III/Replay> folder which always corresponds to your last game played.
Thanks in advance!
@Burndead
@Sladki

Level 2
Important!
Anyone who is experiencing crashes on the 1.30 PTR, please try to provide a replay of the game you crashed on, while also stating which Sunken City version you were playing, so I can directly send it to Blizzard and they can look into the issue.
If you forget to save the replay before you close down the game, a "Last Replay" can be found in your <Documents/Warcraft III/Replay> folder which always corresponds to your last game played.
Thanks in advance!
@Burndead
@Sladki
It doesn't save. I've turn on "Save replays automatically" option, but the folder and subfolders are empty after crash.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I did spoke to the Mysterious Stranger yesterday,but I can't remember what he said. :( Most dialogues cannot be reviewed by F9,which perhaps is the only shortcoming of this map.

I also did search the Queen's Tomb yesterday.I survived into the deep tombs with the Potion of Invulnerable.Yet still no clues...I just can't remember what i did in front of Elisa's grave.
1/ Check the Journal (f9), there should be a quest about Legendary Power (Optional).
2/ Either you have not gotten all items inside Queen's Tomb dungeon, or you have missed the hint in one of those items.

Level 6
1/ Check the Journal (f9), there should be a quest about Legendary Power (Optional)
Well,that's my mistake in writing.What I meant is that most dialogues can't be reviewed by F12(not F9).I've already checked the quest text as well as the jass file for many times.
mw.jpg

Here's my speculation:
a) Titanforged Handle+Titanforged Head+Elyrian Elixir=Titanforged Hammar
b) Titanforged Hammer could be used to open the Vault of Titans.
c) There must be some Eyes of Titans in that Vault.
d) Mysterious Wanderer will trade some artifacts with those Eyes.

Here's my problem:
I do not have the Titanforged Head.I have no idea where it is.

2/ Either you have not gotten all items inside Queen's Tomb dungeon, or you have missed the hint in one of those items.
I've almost turned the Queen's Tomb upside down.Picked everything i thought was useful.
Here's my speculation:
hc_01.jpg
+
hc_02.jpg
+
hc_03.jpg
+Queen's Tiara=Queen's Scepter

Here's my problem:
I do not have Queen's Tiara.I've searched the forum by the keyword "Tiara",but only found some old threads years ago which suggested players to check the purple king?

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Well,that's my mistake in writing.What I meant is that most dialogues can't be reviewed by F12(not F9).I've already checked the quest text as well as the jass file for many times.
View attachment 303573
Here's my speculation:
a) Titanforged Handle+Titanforged Head+Elyrian Elixir=Titanforged Hammar
b) Titanforged Hammer could be used to open the Vault of Titans.
c) There must be some Eyes of Titans in that Vault.
d) Mysterious Wanderer will trade some artifacts with those Eyes.

Here's my problem:
I do not have the Titanforged Head.I have no idea where it is.

I've almost turned the Queen's Tomb upside down.Picked everything i thought was useful.
Here's my speculation:
View attachment 303574 +View attachment 303575 +View attachment 303576 +Queen's Tiara=Queen's Scepter

Here's my problem:
I do not have Queen's Tiara.I've searched the forum by the keyword "Tiara",but only found some old threads years ago which suggested players to check the purple king?
All of your speculations are correct.

Well, u need to fix the broken queen's tiara. It's really hard to pass by and doesnt notice that broken thing given by a wisp.

The Head is in one of the boss zone pass the twin corridor in late game. Require a special item interaction which require a Thread of Endless Fire to get that item. Pay attention to the colors of 4 runes that near the Gentulon boss. Those 4 colors can be the key for u to solve this.